Why we won't see elite linebacker play Video evidence

SotaCanespiracy

Freshman

After watching the Many Diaz defence and now the Baker defence it's clear that besides the linebacker coaching (which is a significant problem) are DTs constantly put our linebackers in no win situations. At 6:19 in the video although we get the sack harrison-hunte and Ford literally run into each other on the stunt. Then at 8:17 Nesta turns the guard lose right on to the backer which if there were running towards him might have work but that play is ran away from him. Nesta basically took the linebacker out the play with him. Jon Ford is constantly swimmimg. Are DTs play with no gap control which leaves are backers constantly guessing. These are easy fixes though. I would like to see Are Dt or at least 1 tech engage then try to shade. This will give our backers more time to diagnose the play. Imo

Advertisement
We run a 4-2-5 attacking D with no Gab integrity. Our D - line shoot gaps looking for TFL while our Linbackers get eat up on our second level and our safeties and corners almost always have a high number of tackles! Smh it’s manny’s philosophy

We run a 4-2-5 attacking D with no Gab integrity. Our D - line shoot gaps looking for TFL while our Linbackers get eat up on our second level and our safeties and corners almost always have a high number of tackles! Smh it’s manny’s philosophy

And yet we have the most turnovers of any team over the last four years and are among leaders in sacks and tackles for loss as well.

But who wants that?

And yet we have the most turnovers of any team over the last four years and are among leaders in sacks and tackles for loss as well.

But who wants that?
yep, it's wild how people ignore the most important things about a defense (other than points against of course)

TFL, sacks, defensive pass efficiency has been top 5, even #1 (yet people call for rumph being fired each and every day), #1 in power 5 in turnovers, top 10 in 3rd down defense, top 10 in yards per play against, etc.

Then you get on canesinsight and people start losing their minds saying baker and manny need to be gone. Do people not remember our defense under Golden and even the later shannon years? Do people not see Alabama and UGA giving up 30+ even 40+ points several times a season?

Not to mention the spelling and grammar in the OP makes me want to walk off a ledge.

Advertisement

correct. The most important players in Manny’s scheme are the safeties. They clean up all the mess. Always have been. We must keep recruiting elite safeties

Advertisement
yep, it's wild how people ignore the most important things about a defense (other than points against of course)

TFL, sacks, defensive pass efficiency has been top 5, even #1 (yet people call for rumph being fired each and every day), #1 in power 5 in turnovers, top 10 in 3rd down defense, top 10 in yards per play against, etc.

Then you get on canesinsight and people start losing their minds saying baker and manny need to be gone. Do people not remember our defense under Golden and even the later shannon years? Do people not see Alabama and UGA giving up 30+ even 40+ points several times a season?

Not to mention the spelling and grammar in the OP makes me want to walk off a ledge.
Someone say fire rumph?

People will complain about everything. AHAHAHA SO COMICAL. Yes the Lbs are at a disadvantage BUT the Dline makes plays. Aaaannddd I for one would not want to watch the Al Golden Gap holding defense again I love the attacking Defense. I mean the complainers must’ve love Coach No D then bc that’s what his Dline did

Advertisement

I'm sorry bro this is Just a difference and philosophy I guess. Some of you never played football and I can tell you never coached. You simply can't have your Dts and backers guessing constantly by design. On a lot of the plays the linebacker would be in the hole if the tackle didn't let the lineman on them. Bakers leaves a lot to be desired in his play calling period.

8:17 Netsa is backside on an outside zone..he does what he is suppose to and is pursuing to the ball...it isnt his fault that backerr cant slip a block. Good lord he got washed.
This is why the zone play killed us under y'all philosophy. All the offense has to do is run away from the Dt who is not fast enough to catch the play backside and the process releases the olineman on to the linebacker this effectively eliminates 2 defenders on these stretch plays. When I showed y'all Jennings smashing that olineman many pointed that he was too slow. Now when Brooks gets washed he has to be able to shed the block we can't have it both ways our philosophy is off. No linebacker can thrive under these circumstances

Advertisement
I'm sorry bro this is Just a difference and philosophy I guess. Some of you never played football and I can tell you never coached. You simply can't have your Dts and backers guessing constantly by design. On a lot of the plays the linebacker would be in the hole if the tackle didn't let the lineman on them. Bakers leaves a lot to be desired in his play calling period.
Sure you can, we do and have been successful defensively doing so. It's a system that utilizes speed over discipline. It's been proven the discipline style defense doesnt work with the players we recruit.

So we let them loose going downhill. Pressure busts pipes. Let the DTs do damage, and the LBs and S will have to clean up the mess.

Sure you can, we do and have been successful defensively doing so. It's a system that utilizes speed over discipline. It's been proven the discipline style defense doesnt work with the players we recruit.

So we let them loose going downhill. Pressure busts pipes. Let the DTs do damage, and the LBs and S will have to clean up the mess.
Under your philosophy we will never be elite then. Idk where this idea came from that 4-3 have no gap responsibility or that in certain situation the DTs are instructed to engage the lineman. Dude we got our nose guard out there swimming sometime. And my original post was about linebacker play not success of the defense.

Since Manny got here the defense has been good enough to win the Coastal and make it to the ACCCG. The offense has been average to abysmal during that same time frame. We won't beat Clemson because we don't win enough games to get the elite talent here. If we consistently win we will get kids like James Williams and Leonard Taylor to stay home consistently and then we will have horses on that side of the ball (hopefully CB recruiting picks up) to play with anyone.

Advertisement
Back