Why UGA???

Advertisement
There’s always a hot team. Kirby reenergized the program and they have a ton of very talented first and second year players. If they win over the next few years, the program can be elite. Otherwise some other program will open the bags and become hot. In the SEC alone, Florida is resurgent, Tennessee dormant, Auburn always worth a few kids.

Also, don’t discount luck and timing. Kirby got to UGA right when FSU and UF were sucking, TN sucks, there was less competition for GA kids and that helped him. If FSU gets back on track, they will both pull So GA kids and reduce UGA’s pull in Florida. Alabama will also pull kids from UGA. Every so often a school like Ole Miss opens the bags for a year or two and makes a recruiting impact. That isht moves around.

But people are asking the qrong question in a way. Georgia is a great producer of talent. It’s the 4th largest producer of football talent after FL, CA and TX. And it out produces Florida on a percapita basis. It’s the flagship program, a popular state school for out of state kids, has hot chicks, Atlanta nearby. It’s a great place to build a program. Question is can he sustain.

You posted the wrong pic for the bottom one. I think you meant to post this.
winner1.jpg
Lol. I think you all are missing my point. I'm not saying one is better than the other. I'm saying don't underestimate the power of a shiny new toy on a young man.

Lol. I think you all are missing the point. I'm not saying one is better than the other. I'm saying don't underestimate the power of a shiny new toy on a young man.

I know. I wasn't implying that you did, but the South Florida has tons of hot white woman. Definetly more per sqaure mile than Athens does.

Advertisement
Athens is absolutely loaded with smoking hot white girls

More per capita than Miami

Per capita really means nothing. per square mile is more important. That said you are hanging out in the wrong sections of Miami. Go to South Beach or even downtown and you will see hordes of smoking hot white girls. Much hotter than the girls in Athens. Hot girls from all over the nation move down to Miami to marry a rich dude. Athens only has the girls that grew up there.

Plus Miami has hotter girls growing up there as well. Who is going to be hotter? The girl that has all the money she needs to spend on her diet, gym trainer, etc. and has a mother who is a super hot gold digger and a father who is intelligent enough to become very wealthy? Or the girl who gets popped out of an Athens chick who who was only hot enough to marry a blue collar Athens guy making 31k a year and can't afford a personal trainer or be able to eat healthy?

What happens if bags are really made up by SEC fans so players go to those schools expecting to get bags. I mean if Trey Sanders were to read this board he would expect over $200k to sign with UGA since that is what the board says Sony received.

Bags posters are a sad lot. One of them has really been absorbed by the cynical backslapping nature of this site, after he had considerably more clarity and independent nature at another forum about a decade ago. Fortunately Poptimus has avoided the same trap and same decline, and is still as impressive here as he was there.

Anyway, Georgia simply drew the wrong opponent, in a situation they probably weren't fully motivated. Texas is hardly talent poor. I think they have been in the top 10-12 of recruiting rankings 3 of the past 4 years including near the top last year. Herman does extremely well as underdog. I think it is now 13-2-1 against the spread as underdog with 10 of the covers being outright victories -- 5 at Houston and 5 at Texas. I don't pay a heck of a lot of attention to team-specific or coach-specific trends but I saw that one all over the wagering forums within the past few weeks.

That game was kind of similar to when Herman upset Florida State in the Peach Bowl when he was at Houston. Like Georgia this year, Florida State that season had come off a playoff year and was expecting to get there again, but fell short and got slotted into a lesser bowl.

I wouldn't discount Georgia. But they are hardly at Alabama level on a week to week basis, as evidenced by the lopsided defeat at LSU.

I get why we lose our top players to BAMA and OSU but why UGA? Sure they stepped up last year and played well this year. But they just are not “that team”. There defense was very average versus a pedestrian Texas offensive squad. They really don’t have that many superstars on the team. Their leading tackler on defense is LeCounte who dude missed 5000 tackles yesterday. I just don’t see the pull they have (other than RB) over staying home. I hope Tyrique can see he can be great player on a good team that my have reached its ceiling, or be great player on his home squad who has shown signs of reemergence and has lots of upside
You sound Pathetic. Begging to HS kids. No offense.

Advertisement
There’s always a hot team. Kirby reenergized the program and they have a ton of very talented first and second year players. If they win over the next few years, the program can be elite. Otherwise some other program will open the bags and become hot. In the SEC alone, Florida is resurgent, Tennessee dormant, Auburn always worth a few kids.

Also, don’t discount luck and timing. Kirby got to UGA right when FSU and UF were sucking, TN sucks, there was less competition for GA kids and that helped him. If FSU gets back on track, they will both pull So GA kids and reduce UGA’s pull in Florida. Alabama will also pull kids from UGA. Every so often a school like Ole Miss opens the bags for a year or two and makes a recruiting impact. That isht moves around.

But people are asking the qrong question in a way. Georgia is a great producer of talent. It’s the 4th largest producer of football talent after FL, CA and TX. And it out produces Florida on a percapita basis. It’s the flagship program, a popular state school for out of state kids, has hot chicks, Atlanta nearby. It’s a great place to build a program. Question is can he sustain.

Spoken word. The bags (all their recruits have new flashy cars somehow), the program is fully committed to winning, the local talent, as well as their recruiting rivals being down definitely helps UGA.

It’s a bigger issue for UF. Manny is going to have to win recruiting wars against teams like this. Hopefully Kirby makes some mistakes bc UGA has a lot going to it right now

UGA has also been the only premier school in the state and it was very easy to out recruit GT while they were running a triple option under PJ and getting destroyed year in and out in that series

Per capita really means nothing. per square mile is more important. That said you are hanging out in the wrong sections of Miami. Go to South Beach or even downtown and you will see hordes of smoking hot white girls. Much hotter than the girls in Athens. Hot girls from all over the nation move down to Miami to marry a rich dude. Athens only has the girls that grew up there.

Plus Miami has hotter girls growing up there as well. Who is going to be hotter? The girl that has all the money she needs to spend on her diet, gym trainer, etc. and has a mother who is a super hot gold digger and a father who is intelligent enough to become very wealthy? Or the girl who gets popped out of an Athens chick who who was only hot enough to marry a blue collar Athens guy making 31k a year and can't afford a personal trainer or be able to eat healthy?

To at least 95 percent or more of high school seniors, UGA (not to mention a plethora of other large univerities) is more of a destination than any part of South Beach.

You missed his point and yours, it defies description. Your thought that most of the students at Georgia have a father who only makes 31k a year is crazy. Typical "if you aren't from "xxxx city" you aren't ****" attitude. Miami, it has a lot of good, but it's a very plastic city and that alone helps his case. Those hotties in South Beach are chasing those with the cash, not some broke *** college athlete. You're an athlete at these schools, you're at the top of the pyramid.

To at least 95 percent or more of high school seniors, UGA (not to mention a plethora of other large univerities) is more of a destination than any part of South Beach.

You missed his point and yours, it defies description. Your thought that most of the students at Georgia have a father who only makes 31k a year is crazy. Typical "if you aren't from "xxxx city" you aren't ****" attitude. Miami, it has a lot of good, but it's a very plastic city and that alone helps his case. Those hotties in South Beach are chasing those with the cash, not some broke *** college athlete. You're an athlete at these schools, you're at the top of the pyramid.

That first part couldn't be further from the truth. How many HS seniors say hey I want to go on vacation to Athens? 0. 95% of HS seniors would LOVE to go party in Miami. I would venture to say 99% of elite skill position kids would prefer to go to Miami over any other school besides USC/UCLA based on location. You got the hunter and fisherman type OL and QBs that might prefer the other schools, but even at that postion you have a bunch of guys who would prefer Miami.

No I didn't miss his point. I got his point. It is incorrect. Miami has TONS of hot white woman. Way more than ******* Athens. That is also a fact. How often do you see NFL players go on trips to Athens to pick up girls compared to going to Miami to party? My entire office went down to Miami to celebrate New Years the other day. If I asked them if they wanted to go to tuscaloosa or Athens instead they would have laughed me out of the office.

I never said the students at UGA had fathers making that. The median income in Athens in under 31k. No I don't think if you aren't from Miami you aren't schit, but the hottest girls in the country are obviously in Miami, NYC, LA, and a few other cities. They are not residing in ******* athens. Most of the hot girls in Athens move to the city to find a man to move them out of Athens.

I went to Miami for 4 years. I did not have tons of cash and I picked up TONS of hot woman at Miami. Especially during the winter months when all of the hot girls come down to Miami from other parts of the city with the sole intention of getting wasted and getting fvcked. An athlete would have a MUCH easier time than i did picking up girls. I actually knew a bunch of football players that were banging DG chicks and even more that were constantly in the city banging dimes. As long as you have some game you can pick up some real hot girls in Miami. Tons of girls are just looking to get banged. The gold digger chicks are looking to get wifed up by rich guys, but even they sometimes go out just looking for a good time and a jacked footbal player would be able to hit that with ease.

Not only that, but the 5 star kids and the ones who are going to be in the NFL for sure. They will be getting all of the gold diggers lining up to date them and Miamis gold diggers are 100x hotter than the farmhands in athens.

Advertisement
Follow the money. The U football program doesn't get support from the University financially like it used to.

Of course. I acknowledged they are a good team. As seen by what transpired over the last week or so, it is easy to see why we fell apart. On PAPER, I believe we have as good a team or better then UGA. I believe with an energized staff and a good offensive scheme, I could see is being a better team . Especially on the defensive side. More fun and exciting as well.
You must be insane. They go almost 3 deep after the last 2-3 classes. I think we have a great 1st unit, but our depth is nothing like theirs. It'll take 2-3 cycles to get to that level.

Advertisement
Money, it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team

Oops time to put another person on ignore.
Athens-Clarke County Georgia Household Income
The Census ACS 1-year survey reports that the median household income for the Athens-Clarke County Georgia metro area was $46,521 in 2017, the latest figures available. Athens median household income is $9,662 lower than the median Georgia household income and $13,815 less than the US median household income. 2018 metro income data (including Athens median household income) will be released in September of 2019. Median family and per capita income for Athens-Clarke County are shown below.
Show dollars as: Nominal Real
Real Median Household Income for Athens Georgia
2017 1 Year Change 3 Year Change US$60,336+2.51%+8.49%Georgia$56,183+2.69%+9.91%Athens$46,521+5.50%+7.48%

If he isn’t comparing us to them, why bring up Tyrique?
Dude is clearly saying that its better to stay home on a 7-6 team than going to UGA...

While I agree with the goal, UGA is closer to winning a natty than us...

😂🤣😂 They further actually with Nick Saban still around.

Advertisement
Back