Why this stuff will ALWAYS happen to us in recruiting....

Cane4life, everything you've said has been gold. I've been feeling this way about competing against the $ec money and the media thing for years. you are spot on

Advertisement
Lol all the excuses in the world. And when Miami lands a top class it's because of why? Outstanding morals and kids that 'want to play there?' Why wasn't this being said when Miami cleaned up last year or in 08'? Buddy you're pretty naive if you think all these teams are breaking recruits off and Miami is above it all.

Lol all the excuses in the world. And when Miami lands a top class it's because of why? Outstanding morals and kids that 'want to play there?' Why wasn't this being said when Miami cleaned up last year or in 08'? Buddy you're pretty naive if you think all these teams are breaking recruits off and Miami is above it all.

Now show where somebody said Miami wasn't doing anything...and someone ban this *****. Token is fine, but he can go.

14.gif

Lol you got to be a soft shouldered ****** to be calling for a ban because somebody doesn't toe the company line. Plenty of posters in here have implied that Miami is just off to the side while all these recruits get broken off with the 'we can't compete bs.' Some of your own fans, most notably Alex, Larry, and Map have pointed out why it's bull****.

Advertisement
Lol you got to be a soft shouldered ****** to be calling for a ban because somebody doesn't toe the company line. Plenty of posters in here have implied that Miami is just off to the side while all these recruits get broken off with the 'we can't compete bs.' Some of your own fans, most notably Alex, Larry, and Map have pointed out why it's bull****.

YOU ****** IDIOT...I'M ONE OF THE GUYS WHO SAID WE AIN'T DOIN EVERYTHING ABOVE BOARD

BAN THIS TOOL

To me, not landing a super blue chip local kid at a need spot is a failure. Sorry, I don't care what the circumstances are. That is a kid you need to get to win in this program. Same if we lose Collins. If Texas doesn't land the top kids in their area, it's considered a failure. Same for OSU, etc.

I don't understand why people get so defensive. I love Golden Al, but that doesn't mean his success rate is 100% or that he doesn't lose recruiting wars. I understand that he dispenses the maximum effort, but we're not giving out rewards for effort, right? When the University of Miami doesn't land a top-10 national prospect at a local school, it's a failure barring exceptional circumstances. It's an absolute rule, imo.

I'm not taking it personal........as many have said, if Thomas chooses to go else where he was never going to come here. Golden has done everything in his power, with the current state of the program to get him to sign. If you think we're going to bat 100% for top 20 NATIONAL recruits (whether or not they are in SFL or not) with the current state of our program, then you are going to be disappointed on a pretty regular basis.

:ibisroflmao: you keep trying with that

Everyone cheats (especially us, hello Nevin?) but some are much smarter and better at it. We got caught because the person doing it snitched on himself, what would happen if an AU or Bama or LSU booster snitches on the program? I dont think it will because they live for the school and arent shady ***** looking for friends

We arent getting the best kids because we are not winning. If we win 9-10 games last year this wouldnt even be a conversation

Advertisement
We sound like b!tches.
Didn't we land a #1 recruiting class in 08?

We can be animals on the recruiting trails under golden and co. But first we need a season better than 7-5 & second we need the NCAA monkey off our back.

Then watch out.

If the NCAA settles, then I think Miami will put up a 10 win season. I think the NCAA will settle because they don't want any skeletons coming out of the closet.

Everyone cheats (especially us, hello Nevin?) but some are much smarter and better at it. We got caught because the person doing it snitched on himself, what would happen if an AU or Bama or LSU booster snitches on the program? I dont think it will because they live for the school and arent shady ***** looking for friends

We arent getting the best kids because we are not winning. If we win 9-10 games last year this wouldnt even be a conversation

The Nevin Shapiro situation wasn't cheating. Absolutely nothing he ever did provided the slightest benefit for the school.

That whole situation is about amateurism violations under our watch, which the NCAA cares about much more than cheating, apparently.

Just to be clear so that Canes fans don't start saying it. There is a world of difference between amateurism violations and cheating.

Dude are you trolling or just being thick bruh? NO ONE here has said we are "above it all". The problem is, we DONT have the resources and the ability to pull the kind of sh*t big schools and $EC programs do. We are in a hot bed of talent, and we are the local school. BUT, as I have said now about a half dozen times in these threads, we DONT have the alumni base, the freedom to act, and we have a local media intent on jumping our sh*t every chance they get. You think the newspaper in Tuscaloosa would pull the sh*t the Herald does on the U? U think FAT Manny would have the BALLS to talk sh*t about Saban or Bama on a blog out there? His *** would be packed up and out of town before he woke up the next day.

On top of that, we have the NCAA holding us by the B@lls, Yahoo and ESPIN, all over us after this prick f*ck Shapiro, and a slew of mediocre seasons the last few years. Man we got Golden here trying to hold the Alamo down here against the Barbarian hoards with one hand tied behind his back.

Bottom line is, there is shady sh*t that goes on in recruiting. Always has, always will. And it just so happens that OUR recruiting base, is one of the POOREST cities in America, where the big money of schools that can get away with murder, DOES often buy what they want. Nothing we can do about that.

That's not to say we wont get ours, that we cant get in there and mix it up, that there arent local kids and other talented players who wont come here for the history, the city, the environment, the school, the academics, and for what we can do to get them here. And then to top it all off, some times you just get kids who dont give a f*ck and just want to get out of here, or have some bug up their @ss about not wanting to support the hometown team. There's always that kid in every school who has to be different. There are more Cowboy fans in DC than anywhere else outside of Dallas. You got more Jets fans in Miami than anywhere outside NY. You got kids in Oklahoma rocking Texas sh*t, and so on. So maybe MT is just that kid. But to say that money is not flying around So Fla right now, and is EVERY year, is dreaming. And NO one is saying we havent done what we have had to do in the past too. But we dont have the guns to compete with the audacity and resources that schools like Bama can.

Again, when was he last time we went into Bama, or Louisiana, or Texas and took their best recruits that they wanted? Yet they are down here hot and heavy after our kids. You telling me that it all goes one way? That Tuscaloosa and Baton Rouge are just SUCH the place to be that they can always seem to poach top players from down here, but we can seldom get ballers from up those places down here in a fun city on the Ocean?

We haven't won 9 games since 2009 and before that 2005. So two times in 7 years we have reached 9 wins.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I particularly liked the criticism that they're being too obvious in how they're going about it. As if they can't even cheat well.

this thread is gold. tells it all about ole miss and alabama and what they think of cheating. it's so blatant. it's ridiculous

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190249

LOL, holy sh*t that thread is awesome. Sound like some old school insiders there that know their stuff pretty much laying it out. When Bama fans are aghast at how obvious your cheating is, you know you have REALLY jumped the shark.

i know right? that thread is money. those guys know what the **** is going on. My favorite is the "don't they know they are supposed to only go after one or two blue chippers with money each year? they're really going overboard!" unbelievable

Advertisement
Back