Why N'Kosi Perry will be Starting QB

Can Perry come in as a true freshman and get the respect of the locker room? Talent is only one side of it.

Seems like the guys feel more comfortable with Rosier and though he is prone to the turnover (which can be worked on) he has shown flashes of big play potential. He has also been to war with some of these guys.

I think Perry will have to be phenomenal in fall practice to wrestle it away from Rosier.

Advertisement
Can Perry come in as a true freshman and get the respect of the locker room? Talent is only one side of it.

Seems like the guys feel more comfortable with Rosier and though he is prone to the turnover (which can be worked on) he has shown flashes of big play potential. He has also been to war with some of these guys.

I think Perry will have to be phenomenal in fall practice to wrestle it away from Rosier.

Just because the players are boys with him doesn't mean they think he's any good.

I don't care what we call him...fact is..if needed,.. He can make a busted play, gain a few yards..haven't had that for a while...call him whatever..hopefully we will be calling him our starter sometime during the first few games of the season

Advertisement
Rosier can get it done this year, and lead this team to a great year. He needs to start and he is ready to lead this team. The guy has game experience, and he has been around for 4 years. Give him the ball

Perry is not ready, and if we throw him under center as a starter it will be an Al Goldenesque move. We will be wasting the season and a championship caliber defense on Perry. Do not want!

He either needs to shirt or get a few meaningful snaps per game, ala Tebow during his freshman season.

Advertisement
Perfect...classification: Mobil Quarterback!!

Now...lets get to the weight argument!!

(Usually the perry debate goes for several days..I'm trying an experiment to see if we can make it all the way through in 1)

Rosier can get it done this year, and lead this team to a great year. He needs to start and he is ready to lead this team. The guy has game experience, and he has been around for 4 years. Give him the ball

Perry is not ready, and if we throw him under center as a starter it will be an Al Goldenesque move. We will be wasting the season and a championship caliber defense on Perry. Do not want!

He either needs to shirt or get a few meaningful snaps per game, ala Tebow during his freshman season.

I have to agree with you, here.

I think Rosier gives us the best opportunity to win.

The best defense he will play against all year will be in practice.

Lets eat!

You don't know too much about football, do you?

Running ability?

Sure, looks great compared to the potted plant we had back there before.

But, no. He's not a "running" QB, or someone who was even considered one in high school. Are you really this dense?

His feet should help get him out of trouble in the pocket from time to time, and maybe run for the occasional short first down. But he is in no way a running quarterback.

You and this straw man argument youre bent on stressing is hilarious bc of how dumb you are

Uses the phrase "straw man argument"

Has no idea what it means.

I'll bet you're one of those guys that said Jacory was a running QB when we signed him.

To your point, Deshaun Watson who some people like to compare Perry to, ran for over 3000 yards in three seasons in high school. Perry rushed for 494 in four. His numbers suggest he's more like Jacory Harris in that aspect of his game.

Would you agree that there is middle ground between Watson and Jacory Harris that would still allow someone to be a dual threat, or is Watson where you draw the line? And anyone running less than Watson is "pro" or "pocket"?

Being a dual threat is about a QB's mindset and ability. Jacory Harris wasn't interested in being a dual-threat. He even mentioned it when the great Patrick Nix called some running plays for he and Marve at the time. It isn't something he wanted to do. Perry can have the ability to do it but does he want to be a guy that will give up his body in the QB run game? His high school numbers suggest thats not what he wanted to do. Maybe he didn't have to because the league was so bad.

Last edited:
Dual Threat means just what it says. By implication it gives equal weight to both threats: running and passing. Now in the practical definition of it, I'm not saying that it's 50/50 run/pass.

Obviously Deshaun Watson throws way more than runs, but he is a real dual threat, and the stats back it up.

So the Deshaun analogy is a good one. He's a pass first guy, too. But a much bigger threat to run than N'Kosi has shown thus far. He's a real dual threat, Perry isn't and hasn't shown it.

Yes he's mobile and seems to have decent quickness and ok speed (maybe). Yes, I'm sure he could use his legs as a last resort, or pick up the odd first down, and get out of a behind the line jam occasionally.

But like chise said, he's a passer with mobility. Not a dual threat.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Perry is a dual threat qb, a pass first qb but his running ability makes him a "dual" threat.... are some of yall blind or just dug in on this stupid argument??

Running ability?

But, no. He's not a "running" QB, or someone who was even considered one in high school. Are you really this dense?

His feet should help get him out of trouble in the pocket from time to time, and maybe run for the occasional short first down. But he is in no way a running quarterback.

Are you really this big of a jerk off, or is this just your internet persona?

Nope. I'm really this big of a jerkoff, especially to idiots that have no idea what they're talking about.

Let me ask you something.

Are you really this soft that you get offended like a sensitive snowflake because I challenged someone else's very stupid opinion, one not based on any discernible facts?

You must have a rough life constantly being offended like this.

Offended............ no. Curious to why you are confrontational because your opinion is different from someone......... yes. Run along. I'm busy.

Perry is a dual threat qb, a pass first qb but his running ability makes him a "dual" threat.... are some of yall blind or just dug in on this stupid argument??

Running ability?

Are you really this big of a jerk off, or is this just your internet persona?

Nope. I'm really this big of a jerkoff, especially to idiots that have no idea what they're talking about.

Let me ask you something.

Are you really this soft that you get offended like a sensitive snowflake because I challenged someone else's very stupid opinion, one not based on any discernible facts?

You must have a rough life constantly being offended like this.

Offended............ no. Curious to why you are confrontational because your opinion is different from someone......... yes. Run along. I'm busy.

LOL - I've got a groupie hanging on my every word.

I paid you some attention. Are you satisfied yet, or need more?

Advertisement

Just because the players are boys with him doesn't mean they think he's any good.

No, but it helps to have guys behind you when things get tough. And it's not like the guy stinks. He has shown enough of what Richt is looking for athletically to make something out of nothing, and to run the offense. With the infusion of skill guys we have coming it doesn't have to be all on the qb.

It's summer so we can rehash threads and topics. I don't think this guy mentioned anything we haven't discussed before but the fact that he included live video with it did support his points. The thing that I notice about and Nkosi is his timing, you don't have to wait for his passes or he doesn't throw passes behind you. They are very accurate and allows the receiver to keep moving. That's going to make a huge difference for Y AC and guys being able to maintain separation with defenders.

Perry seems like a very likeable kid.

Always smiling, confident but doesn't seem ****y.

Kaaya was the best option in 2014 but I don't think he earned anyone's respect until the WVU game.

Why do people think Perry is a dual threat QB?

They're so used to having Kaaya as our qb. If you can run for one yard, you're automatically classified as a dual threat qb since that is one more yard than Kaaya.

That makes every QB on our roster a dual threat QB. Heck, everyone on our OL would be classified as a dual threat QB.

Advertisement
Back