Why N'Kosi Perry will be Starting QB

Perry is a dual threat qb, a pass first qb but his running ability makes him a "dual" threat.... are some of yall blind or just dug in on this stupid argument??

You don't know too much about football, do you?

Running ability?

Sure, looks great compared to the potted plant we had back there before.

But, no. He's not a "running" QB, or someone who was even considered one in high school. Are you really this dense?

His feet should help get him out of trouble in the pocket from time to time, and maybe run for the occasional short first down. But he is in no way a running quarterback.

Advertisement
Hey guys Rosier is a real dual threat qb but not N'Kosi Perry?? Smh lol when will the dumb shx stop

Perry is a dual threat qb, a pass first qb but his running ability makes him a "dual" threat.... are some of yall blind or just dug in on this stupid argument??

Running ability?

But, no. He's not a "running" QB, or someone who was even considered one in high school. Are you really this dense?

His feet should help get him out of trouble in the pocket from time to time, and maybe run for the occasional short first down. But he is in no way a running quarterback.

You and this straw man argument youre bent on stressing is hilarious bc of how dumb you are

Hey guys Rosier is a real dual threat qb but not N'Kosi Perry?? Smh lol when will the dumb shx stop

Exactly. Rosier can run. N'Kosi will get killed if he tries to run like Rosier.

Man, you're a real cement head. You've got this wrong idea in your head about Perry being a running QB and you can't let it go.

Running ability?

You and this straw man argument youre bent on stressing is hilarious bc of how dumb you are

Uses the phrase "straw man argument"

Has no idea what it means.

I'll bet you're one of those guys that said Jacory was a running QB when we signed him.

Advertisement
No its always been obvious that Jacory Harris was a pocket passer only.... its also obvious that N'Kosi Perry aint Jacory Harris. Smh

Running ability?

Are you really this big of a jerk off, or is this just your internet persona?

Running ability?

Are you really this big of a jerk off, or is this just your internet persona?

Nope. I'm really this big of a jerkoff, especially to idiots that have no idea what they're talking about.

Let me ask you something.

Are you really this soft that you get offended like a sensitive snowflake because I challenged someone else's very stupid opinion, one not based on any discernible facts?

You must have a rough life constantly being offended like this.

Advertisement
200.gif

Running ability?

I'll bet you're one of those guys that said Jacory was a running QB when we signed him.

To your point, Deshaun Watson who some people like to compare Perry to, ran for over 3000 yards in three seasons in high school. Perry rushed for 494 in four.

Last edited:
Perry is not a DT QB. Hes more in the bridgwater category imo. I think **** rush for arounf 200-300 yds and a few TDs this year but thats it

Running ability?

Perry is a Dual threat QB because his ability to run is a THREAT that has to be accounted for even though he doesn't exercise that ability often, there's still the threat of him running and doing a lot of damage with that ability.. Jacory was a pocket passer with a little athleticism but nowhere near the speed that Perry has so his ability to run wasn't viewed as a THREAT.. but I agree this is a dumb argument

Advertisement
Good effort.

Thanks for the video.

N'Kosi is not a dual threat QB, even though you mentioned he was several times. He just isn't. He's a pass first, pocket, moving pocket, and rolling out QB with good mobility. He is not a running QB.

Now, Rosier is an actual dual threat QB, because he can scamper for 60 in the bat of an eye. And has already done so in an actual college game.

I'm guessing you think dual-threat QB's are run-first guys, or athletes who happen to be able to throw?

So your opposition to Perry being a DT QB is probably because you believe it to be a slight to him?

If that's the case, I get your posts on this matter.

But for me, I see QB's with athleticism as being DT. And I think Perry fits that description. In my opinion, the DT designation can mean a limited passer, or it can be a passer with an added dimension to their game.

For instance ... Would you consider Baker Mayfield to be a dual-threat QB?

Good effort.

Thanks for the video.

N'Kosi is not a dual threat QB, even though you mentioned he was several times. He just isn't. He's a pass first, pocket, moving pocket, and rolling out QB with good mobility. He is not a running QB.

Now, Rosier is an actual dual threat QB, because he can scamper for 60 in the bat of an eye. And has already done so in an actual college game.

I'm guessing you think dual-threat QB's are run-first guys, or athletes who happen to be able to throw?

So your opposition to Perry being a DT QB is probably because you believe it to be a slight to him?

If that's the case, I get your posts on this matter.

But for me, I see QB's with athleticism as being DT. And I think Perry fits that description. In my opinion, the DT designation can mean a limited passer, or it can be a passer with an added dimension to their game.

For instance ... Would you consider Baker Mayfield to be a dual-threat QB?

Good answer, good answer

Running ability?

To your point, Deshaun Watson who some people like to compare Perry to, ran for over 3000 yards in three seasons in high school. Perry rushed for 494 in four. His numbers suggest he's more like Jacory Harris in that aspect of his game.

Would you agree that there is middle ground between Watson and Jacory Harris that would still allow someone to be a dual threat, or is Watson where you draw the line? And anyone running less than Watson is "pro" or "pocket"?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good effort.

Thanks for the video.

I think people are underselling his dual threat capability. Perry is definitely pass-first, but he has shown the quickness and speed (not blazing but good enough) to run the ball. He didn't run much his senior year of HS but ran much more his junior year. Looks like he would just rather be a true passer first which I respect. However, he will certainly be able to run if we want him to, but IMO he needs to keep gaining weight for that to be a realistic situation this season.

He's similar to Kenny Kelly but a little slower. Neither guy was a "running QB". Kelly could run, but it was a last resort for him, and he got hurt a couple times because he was pretty frail and thinly built.

I think Rosier has the nod to start. Perry needs to add muscle/weight before the season starts, he's not built to take on NCAA hits at this point.

Running ability?

To your point, Deshaun Watson who some people like to compare Perry to, ran for over 3000 yards in three seasons in high school. Perry rushed for 494 in four. His numbers suggest he's more like Jacory Harris in that aspect of his game.

Would you agree that there is middle ground between Watson and Jacory Harris that would still allow someone to be a dual threat, or is Watson where you draw the line? And anyone running less than Watson is "pro" or "pocket"?

I consider "dual threat" to mean that the QB is used in the run game and is a good runner with the football. I don't see it as a synonym for mobility.

Jameis Winston was similar in his approach to Perry but a stronger runner. I don't think of him as a dual threat QB. If you stretch the definition to cover every QB with mobility then pretty much every QB these days would be dual threat.

Advertisement
Back