Why Miami will win 10 games this year

I'm sold, Ayoplus! I think we win out this year.

A lot of you guys are trying to be funny when I'm not even hoping for Golden or Miami to win 10 games. I clearly stated that Miami winning 10 games would do more harm than good...

Advertisement
"Why Miami will win 10 games" - proceeds to predict W/L based on intangible guesses. Got it.

Lulz at us beating Nebraska 'due to us being at Home'.

Nebraska has a new coach, and replacing key guys on offense and defense. I can see that being too much for them to overcome on the road that early in the season...

Yeah but Al Golden.

Golden won't be the reason that Miami wins games. If you look very closely, you will see that Miami has a certain alignment of talent, experience and favorable schedule to pull it off. Again, Golden will not be the reason...

Saw an article on Grantland, only 6 FBS schools have a less experienced returning OL (total games started), Kehoe is good at getting young guys ready, but pass blocking is going to be weak this year, and an injury or two from disaster.

Might have the most talented DL in the ACC, so the defense could be similar to last year, but offensive production, which was one of the worst in the country in 3rd down and methodical drives, isn't going to improve.

FSU, VT, and Clemson could be three losses in a row, (VT has a better OL now and always has a defense), no way this team doesn't quit mentally after that stretch because Al Golden is still the coach.

The bowl game is a guaranteed loss, this staff can't prepare for big games.

If Deshaun Watson plays, Clemson scores 70. No way this team mentally recovers after that beat down, Again Al Golden is still the coach.

Fans always underate other teams during the preseason, but the ACC isn't as bad as ESPN says it is... 4 of the top defenses in the country were ACC teams last year.

FSU and Clemson lost a lot but have recruited better and have better coaches.

Virginia was a top 10 FEI defense last year and returns a lot of those guys.

Pitt was a top 10 FEI offense last year and returns the best RB and WR in the ACC, along with a head coach that knows defense.

VTs offense will improve and they were #2 FEI defense last year.

Last year GT was the #1 FEI offense and one of the highest scoring offense in the country, yeah they lost a lot of undrafted seniors, but QB Justin Thomas and cut blocks are the only thing that matter in that offense. They aren't replacing Duke/Dorsett type players.

The schedule isn't as soft as some people are hoping.

Last edited:
We'll lose to Cleveland Clemson, FSU, and drop another two somewhere all before bowl season. We're going 8-4 before bowling, watch and see.

"Why Miami will win 10 games" - proceeds to predict W/L based on intangible guesses. Got it.

Lulz at us beating Nebraska 'due to us being at Home'.

Nebraska has a new coach, and replacing key guys on offense and defense. I can see that being too much for them to overcome on the road that early in the season...

Yeah but Al Golden.

Golden won't be the reason that Miami wins games. If you look very closely, you will see that Miami has a certain alignment of talent, experience and favorable schedule to pull it off. Again, Golden will not be the reason...

No but he'll be the reason they lose games.

You keep repeating that you think Miami has the potential to win 10 games and everybody is telling you that Golden cancels out that potential, regardless of experience, talent, and schedule. We're going in circles, repeatedly.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It makes me cringe whenever I read people stating that 'if Golden doesn't win X amount of games then he is done' when we have already passed the point of him needing to be fired. As though these same clowns proclaiming when he will go wont say the same BS at the end of this coming season. "Well, if he doesn't manage to win X games next year, he is definitely gone, but we need to keep the ***16 class together."

8-10 is my guess, we got a lot of crap opponenets

We had a lot of crap opponents last year and went 6-7.

True but if we beat FSU we would have won out, plus we are playin a couple of extremely crap teams, and a good majority of the ACC teams lost a lot, we should be a 10-12 win team next year but since its golden and company its more along 8-10

Advertisement
8-10 is my guess, we got a lot of crap opponenets

We had a lot of crap opponents last year and went 6-7.

True but if we beat FSU we would have won out, plus we are playin a couple of extremely crap teams, and a good majority of the ACC teams lost a lot, we should be a 10-12 win team next year but since its golden and company its more along 8-10

To the part in bold there is no way to really state that as fact but for the sake argument, let's say that is true. If we won out, we would have finished 9-3 not including the bowl game. Last year's team was and is much better and talented than this year's team. They couldn't win 10 with that last year, they aren't going to win 8-10 this year. We lost significantly better players through the draft then those that will replace them. We lost more than any other ACC team other than FSU and Clemson so the fact that teams lost talent hurts us more than them.

It makes me cringe whenever I read people stating that 'if Golden doesn't win X amount of games then he is done' when we have already passed the point of him needing to be fired. As though these same clowns proclaiming when he will go wont say the same BS at the end of this coming season. "Well, if he doesn't manage to win X games next year, he is definitely gone, but we need to keep the ***16 class together."

I disagree in principle.

I know beyond certainty that Golden isn't capable of learning/changing/winning, and the situation next year will be the same as this and last.

But in an alternate universe, if he won a CFBP or big time bowl game, I wouldn't still want him fired over sour grapes.

Bethune - Win
FAU - Win
Nebraska - Loss - this team is legit + Tommy Armstrong will destroy us running.
Cincy - Win
FSU - Loss - no explanation needed here.
Va. Tech - Loss - cant win after losing to FSU nope
Clemson - Loss - yea right
this is where it gets interesting...
Duke - Win - 50/50 dont ask me why could easily lose we are mentally weak
North Carolina Win - 50/50 - could easily lose
GA Tech - Loss - that running game
Pitt - Win - could lose but sticking with 6-7 rhetoric
Bowl Game - Loss - 2nd biggest guaranteed loss of the season after FSU

6-7 best case scenario fellas and I could definitely see it being worse.

Advertisement
Have to hope our win total in no higher then 5. AG will point to the Vegas odds of 5.5 and use it to his advantaged.

Advertisement
I agree with him, Miami will beat FSU this year. anything less than 10 games should get Golden fired.

Bethune - Win
FAU - Win
Nebraska - Loss - this team is legit + Tommy Armstrong will destroy us running.
Cincy - Win
FSU - Loss - no explanation needed here.
Va. Tech - Loss - cant win after losing to FSU nope
Clemson - Loss - yea right
this is where it gets interesting...
Duke - Win - 50/50 dont ask me why could easily lose we are mentally weak
North Carolina Win - 50/50 - could easily lose
GA Tech - Loss - that running game
Pitt - Win - could lose but sticking with 6-7 rhetoric
Bowl Game - Loss - 2nd biggest guaranteed loss of the season after FSU

6-7 best case scenario fellas and I could definitely see it being worse.

Miami is going to beat Nebraska this year

Love your confidence. I'll admit that I was there every year until 2 years ago. Golden has yet to prove he can win with any consistency or gain his players confidence after a rivalry loss. The odds of the Canes beating FSU is less than 35% and couple that loss with a VT game the following week leads to higher probability of a loss than a win against thr Hokies.

Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see how we win more than 7 games....

Firstly, I'm not hopeful for this happening. I actually think this will hurt Miami more than anything if Golden wins 10 based on the fact that it will be fools gold. It would be exciting to see Miami win, but I will know why Miami is winning and it will buy him a year or two. Let's look at the schedule and here are my predictions.

Bethune-Cookman Bethune-Cookman * Sep. 5, TBA Miami Gardens, FL **MIAMI WILL OF COURSE WIN THIS GAME WITH EASE**

Florida Atlantic [MENTION=9112]FLorida[/MENTION] Atlantic Sep. 11, 8:00 PM Boca Raton, FL **MIAMI WILL WIN, BUT BY ABOUT 17 AND SLOPPY LEAVING POINTS ON THE SCOREBOARD**

Nebraska Nebraska * Sep. 19, 3:30 PM Miami Gardens, FL **MIAMI WILL WIN BY VIRTUE OF BEING HOME, MORE EXPERIENCED AND MAKING A FEW MORE PLAYS, CLOSE GAME**

BYE WEEK

Cincinnati @Cincinnati Oct. 3, TBA Cincinnati, OH **MIAMI WILL LOOK ALL WORLD IN THIS GAME AND GAIN HYPE GOING INTO FSU WEEK**

Florida State [MENTION=9112]FLorida[/MENTION] State Oct. 10, TBA Tallahassee, FL **MIAMI WILL LIKELY LOSE THIS GAME, CAN'T SAY IF IT'S CLOSE OR NOT**

Virginia Tech Virginia Tech Oct. 17, TBA Coral Gables, FL **MIAMI WILL WIN THIS GAME WITH A FEW BREAKS ON SPECIAL TEAMS AND DEFENSE CAUSING A FEW TO'S**

Clemson Clemson Oct. 24, TBA Coral Gables, FL **MIAMI WINS THIS GAME IN A THRILLER, THE "TURNING POINT" GAME (I CAN SEE WATSON PROBABLY NOT PLAYING IN THIS GAME WITH AN INJURY)**

Duke @Duke Oct. 31, TBA Durham, NC **DUKE GIVES MIAMI A REAL SCARE COMING OFF OF BIG WIN, BUT MIAMI STEALS IT LATE***

Virginia Virginia Nov. 7, TBA Coral Gables, FL **VERY SLOW DEFENSIVE GAME, GIVING MIAMI THE EDGE AT HOME BY 6**

North Carolina @North Carolina Nov. 14, TBA Chapel Hill, NC **MIAMI SLEEP WALKS AND LOSES BY 16, BANNERS WILL FLY THE NEXT GAME**

Georgia Tech Georgia Tech Nov. 21, TBA Coral Gables, FL **MIAMI REBOUNDS WITH THE MOST EXPLOSIVE OFFENSIVE SHOWING AND BEST DEFENSIVE GAME OF THE SEASON**

Pittsburgh @Pittsburgh Nov. 27, TBA Pittsburgh, PA **MIAMI BEATS PITT IN 3 OVERTIME PERIODS**

ACCG MIAMI VS CLEMSON

Now let me say this, there are only two teams that are flat out better (at least talent wise) than Miami and that's FSU and Clemson. Every other game on the schedule is winnable because Miami has more talent and experience than the rest of the 10 teams. The schedule is also manageable as the only true tough road game is at FSU. Yes my predictions may look crazy to some, if not most, but I can see it happening, and if it does, Golden and his crew stays.

What are some of you guys predictions game by game?

Advertisement
Back