Why Is Our Defense So Passive?

Bro we rarely play 3 LB on the field at any time..unless u count gil and smith as LB..I don’t. From what I’ve followed idk If this week is the week to bash the D. Yea Pitt scored 19..but they were gift wrapped those drives off a 2 TO and one pick 6..u reaching a lil bit on this one. Your opinion is certainly respected by me on here. But I think the Henny got too u pregame and might’ve skewed your view on this one
View attachment 134020
Bro I never said we put 3 LB's on the field.

I'm saying we could play better. I'm saying we didn't even have to give up 19 points.
I'm saying I saw MANY plays that were preventable.

How is that debatable?

Advertisement
If you want to stay in the blind and keep going to coaching clinics and listening to ****'s that still don't understand football at an elite level, keep going, cause you'd rather somebody tell you lies than to actually look at the Truth, don't waste your time or breath, coaching clinics these days like society keeps creating nothing but cookie cutter coaches following each other to losses, if your serious, see the video's, if not, carry on. Obviously you think the slot receiver is something new to as well, lol, question for you, where do spread offenses come from or what is their real purpose.
You're right, bro. I should take your word over Saban and the likes. Those guys clearly don't understand football at an elite level, but YOU do.
All those coaches in college and the NFL that run a Nickel/Striker all game instead of a 3rd LB are clueless. You and your zero coaching experience clearly know better.

fresh prince of bel air gtfo GIF

Last edited:
Bro I never said we put 3 LB's on the field.

I'm saying we could play better. I'm saying we didn't even have to give up 19 points.
I'm saying I saw MANY plays that were preventable.

How is that debatable?
I mean you could be better. I’m just saying this Pitt game is bad timing to make that argument. Was the defense perfect, nope but it wasn’t an example of them just doing enough to win..they shut down the Pitt run game, dominated RZ and did very well on 3rd dwn

You're right, bro. I should take your word over Saban and the likes. All those coaches in college and the NFL that run a Nickel/Striker all game instead of a 3rd LB are clueless. You and your zero coaching experience clearly know better.

You talking bout the same saban that got rid of sam madison and patrick surtain and brought in scrubs on defense, not that guy. Or is it the same saban that kept getting drubbed up by oscar cryer and yabba dabo. Again, why was spread offenses created, and you referencing the NFL means nothing, they've turned the NFL into college systems now, it's comical, similar to the NBA calling defensive 3 sec, HTF they gone tell you how you should guard your basket. Your level of non-understanding of historical adjustments and scheme origination jumps off the screen. Keep listening to the bill parcels 3-4 guy who jimmy johnson ran all those old 3-4 ****'s out the nfc! east!

You talking bout the same saban that got rid of sam madison and patrick surtain and brought in scrubs on defense, not that guy. Or is it the same saban that kept getting drubbed up by oscar cryer and yabba dabo. Again, why was spread offenses created, and you referencing the NFL means nothing, they've turned the NFL into college systems now, it's comical, similar to the NBA calling defensive 3 sec, HTF they gone tell you how you should guard your basket. Your level of non-understanding of historical adjustments and scheme origination jumps off the screen. Keep listening to the bill parcels 3-4 guy who jimmy johnson ran all those old 3-4 ****'s out the nfc! east!
Lmao. WTF does him getting rid of Madison and Surtain have to do with anything?!

We're talking about arguably the greatest defensive mind in football. Don't like to reference him? Fine. Let's talk about Bill Belichick, Pat Narduzzi, Gary Patterson or Brent venables.
THEY ALL BASE OUT OF A NICKEL/STRIKER.

You legit don't know WTF you're talking about. Just stop.

You're not even arguing with just me, you're arguing with every successful DC in football.

Advertisement
Crazy how easy some of you just completely ignore all of Pitt's costly drops and misthrows to wide open receivers. Only with that selective amnesia can you come away saying Miami put up a dominant performance.

They were top 5 in the country in drops last year, and are among the leaders again this year. This is who they. This is why they are Pitt and not, say, VT or NC St (prior to their QB's injury at least). It's like saying Clemson's defense didn't play well because our WRs suck.

They're not a good offense. We did to them what good defenses should do to not-good offenses.

If 9 points, 4.1 yards per play, and 300 total yards isn't good enough, what is good enough? If those were their averages, even with a backup QB (who I think is a better passer than Pickett), they would be the worst offense in the country.

Our defense made a mediocre offense produce at the level of the worst offense in the country. Our defense played really well on Saturday.

19 points. And check your TFL's and sacks those aint right.

Defense played well but we didn't skull **** anyone. Skull ****ed would be what Clemson's defense did to us.

I got the TFL numbers from ESPN,

There's no discussing much more if your go to is Clemson when making comparisons.

And here's Saban saying that they're only in their base 20% of the time. Everything else is Nickel defense. And that was in 2012! He's all 4-2-5 now.
Screenshot_2020-10-20-13-47-10(1).png

But MF'ing Calvin, with all his elite experience, thinks we would be better with a 3rd plodding LB on the field.

You're right, bro. I should take your word over Saban and the likes. Those guys clearly don't understand football at an elite level, but YOU do.
All those coaches in college and the NFL that run a Nickel/Striker all game instead of a 3rd LB are clueless. You and your zero coaching experience clearly know better.

From a former coach to another stop arguing with people who don’t really get ball fr man 😭😭😭 it’s like a totally different games them boys not getting it.

Advertisement
I got the TFL numbers from ESPN,

There's no discussing much more if your go to is Clemson when making comparisons.

this clearly shows miami had 9 TFL's (not 15) and 3 sacks (not 4). Thanks for playing.

Lmao. WTF does him getting rid of Madison and Surtain have to do with anything?!

We're talking about arguably the greatest defensive mind in football. Don't like to reference him? Fine. Let's talk about Bill Belichick, Pat Narduzzi, Gary Patterson or Brent venables.
THEY ALL BASE OUT OF A NICKEL/STRIKER.

You legit don't know WTF you're talking about. Just stop.

You're not even arguing with just me, you're arguing with every successful DC in football.
Listen man, you're either to young or to ignorant to understand the names you just rattled off only impress you and those who don't know any better, when you list bill belicheat as a reference point, all your credibility goes out the window, enjoy, and have a nice day!

If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now, STFU and quit talking out yo ***, do you even watch UM games, I'm just gonna give yo ignant *** 2 examples, I'll let you cheat off my paper this time byyyaattcchh, but next time you need to study:

And P.S. Again, STFU Sincerely!

1991 and 2008. Thanks for proving my point.

Give it up. Throw a bunch of bad slang curse words around and can't articulate a solid defense of your position. You're just internet tough little boy.

I'm done.

Advertisement
1991 and 2008. Thanks for proving my point.

Give it up. Throw a bunch of bad slang curse words around and can't articulate a solid defense of your position. You're just internet tough little boy.

I'm done.
I keep forgetting it's alot of sensitive people in this room, they see a few words and get sensitive, lol, I'm not sure where alot of y'all ****'s from, but it's comical when words like "internet tough guy" gets thrown around in regards, look if you said the same dumb *** **** to me in person that you been typing, I'm gone ask you, where TF you get that stupid *** **** from you talking bout, cause you not making sense, name dropping coaches and talking bout football clinics, means nothing, you keep running yo mouF as if they let spread offenses use 14 players while the defense can still only use 11. Go learn football and than come bring yo sensitive *** back when you know something besides these cookie cutter clinics. And naw ****, don't try it, them video's didn't prove your point, you saw Mike barrow, darrin Smith and Jesse armstead out their defending those 4 & 5 widereceiver sets you said that can't be defended with 3 linebackers, again, STFU, and what was glenn cook, c-mac and spence doing in the gaytor game at the same time, if only coach shannon would've used a "striker", man GTFOH!

Lol athletes he says with one ball hawk in the secondary. A Miami team with one ball hawk.....that's more then we have had in a long while.....since maybe Deon Bush and he was always hurt.
U saying athletes makes me think u trollin

Think about it.....1 ball hawk......1!!!!!!!! And he's a transfer !!!!!!!

Crazy how easy some of you just completely ignore all of Pitt's costly drops and misthrows to wide open receivers. Only with that selective amnesia can you come away saying Miami put up a dominant performance.
This. Plus Pitts offense just generally stinks and they had their backup QB

Anyone arguing with Macho on this is retarded.

Baker is mediocre, out position coaches are poor at teaching fundamentals and 3rd and Baker is a real thing.

Advertisement
Nobody in their right mind. LOL
I guess I'm not in my right mind. I guess the countless college coaches I've seen speak are not in their right mind. I guess Brent Venables and Pat Narduzzi are not in their right mind, cause they dare people to throw deep.

How the fvck YOU gonna tell ME when this is what I do for a living? 😆

I just fvckin' explained to you why.
DEEP BALLS ARE LOWER PERCENTAGE THROWS. And an offense can't beat a good defense by throwing deep balls all game. Literally impossible on this level of football.

However, even a bad QB can beat you throwing short/intermediate throws all game.
Do you even watch Miami?
Have you not seen mediocre QB's have career days versus us? Have you not seen QB's start games 14-of-14 passing?
How the fvck do you think they accomplish that? BY RELYING ON SHORT/INTERMEDIATE THROWS!

So now you're changing your tune just to argue and spinning the narrative to fit your argument. Who the *** asked you to state the obvious? I sure as **** didn't say deep balls are high % throws. But you go ahead and argue with yourself if that's your thing. Have at it.

I replied to someone that said they would rather get beat deep than give up plays underneath after a game where we gave up 1 short TD.

That's when you decided to jump in and start pounding the keyboard like some escaped monkey from a cocaine study.

Daring people to throw deep and getting beat deep are 2 completely different stories.
That's all I was saying and I stand by that. Nobody and I mean nobody in their right mind is ok with getting beat deep. That's all I was saying.

I've got a buddy that swears he's a good boater because he owns a boat. Dude grounds his boat everytime he takes it to the Keys. You kind of remind me of him.

Just because you're on a message board barking about being a coach for a living doesn't mean you're a good coach much less making a decent living.

But you do you. And keep making up fake arguments to try and make yourself feel like you know what you're talking about. Duces!!

Go Canes!!!!!

Some of y’all need Macho to tell you there’s holes in this scheme?

It’s obvious.

Pitt finished the game with 22 yards rushing.

22 yards rushing is the least amount a Miami defense has allowed against any team since the FIU game in 2018.

22 yards rushing is the least amount a Miami defense has allowed against a P5 team since UNC in 2014.

Pitt scored 19 points, with 7 of those coming on a 1 yard drive after an INT. They scored 1 TD in the football game. It was a 1 yard drive. It's 2020....scoring is at all-time highs. We've held these dudes the last 3 years to 19, 12, and 3 points the last 3 times we've played.

I genuinely don't know what y'all expect here. I didn't think it was our A+ defensive game, not really very close to that. But half the posts here are "Why aren't we like Clemson??"

Clemson has THE BEST defensive coordinator in the sport. #1. The absolute best. Blake Baker is NOT Brent Venables. And Miami DOES NOT have Clemson's athletes. You know what athletes and coordinator Miami does have? Ones to hold Pitt to 4 FGs on their "normal" offensive drives. But did y'all expect to shut them out? In a game we almost certainly lose over the last 15 years? They had 22 yards rushing....are we not allowed to give anyone any credit for a performance that hasn't happened since 2014? I don't understand this place sometimes.

Someone has to tell me what the expectation truly is here. Is it to have Clemson's defense? Is that what you guys expect?

Beware!! You're making too much sense. The next thing you know, the coach macho's are gonna come out of the woodwork and start complaining about our defense because they gave up a 1 yard TD to a backup QB.

Some of these cats just complain to complain. It's like they can't wait for something bad to happen so they can pound their chest and say I told you so!

Get the *** outta here with that!!!

Go Canes!!!!!!

And here's Saban saying that they're only in their base 20% of the time. Everything else is Nickel defense. And that was in 2012! He's all 4-2-5 now.
View attachment 134022

But MF'ing Calvin, with all his elite experience, thinks we would be better with a 3rd plodding LB on the field.
Yah. He's been riding my jock with his pathetic "Back to The Future" suggestions.

Advertisement
Back