Why is everyone so sure this is Golden's last season?

TheU1988

It's Not A Lie If You Believe It.
I've seen several comments along the lines of "deal with this one more year" and "*certain player* will be a senior before he gets a good coach" etc. What makes everyone so sure he is gone after this year? I've completely lost faith that Miami will make the move and get rid of him. If a 6-7 season with all of the talent he had and all of the turmoil, chaos, and negativity surrounding this program isn't enough, what the **** is? If Golden & co. somehow limp into a 6, 7, or even 8-win season, why on earth would Miami make a move?

Advertisement
As long as those ACC checks roll in everything is great. Winning and putting a good product on the field is irrelevant. Win loss record does not matter they get paid either way. RIP UM football.

Yeap. Blades just said last night we need to give Al TWO MORE years. Couple other U Toms have made similar comments. We are all assuming that the administration ia actually upset with the results and just being cheap by waiting for the severance to go down. Evidence of Donna's entire reign of terror shows more evidence that she wants football to lose than it does she wants to win. Her actions all say "lose baby lose" and only her words mention winning. I believe that Al wants to be fired, but am not convinced school wants him gone.

Bingo!
As long as those ACC checks roll in everything is great. Winning and putting a good product on the field is irrelevant. Win loss record does not matter they get paid either way. RIP UM football.

Advertisement
I said many times if he stays this year there's no reason he will be fired next year unless the money drastically changes. We are going to have the same type of record, same bull**** every week. Only thing would be succumbing to the pressure (don't see it happening) or if there's some big money changes we don't know about.

Our AD has already set the standard and it's mediocrity is right in line with our head coachs ability.

8+ wins, ACCCG and/or beats FSU - he gone to another job, ANY job.

>8 fired, no ACCCG, he should and will be fired.

Joe Rose said Golden is on double secret probation today on his show. And that Golden is swimming up stream next year.

Miami forgot how to win under Golden.

Joe Rose said Golden is on double secret probation today on his show. And that Golden is swimming up stream next year.

Miami forgot how to win under Golden.

That doesn't mean ****, though. If the University cared about others' opinions, we wouldn't be having this discussion because he would already be gone.

Advertisement
I always said 2015 would be the year he got fired if he didn't show improvement. I don't think he can survive another 6-6 season. It will probably take 9 wins to save him in 2015.

Our schedule is so easy next year in the first half we could be 5-0 or even 7-0. its going to make Al look good unfortunately

This university has never expected championship football and does not today. As long as Al makes bowl games he's fine. He went 6-7 this year and isn't even making changes to his staff. 2 former players I spoke with also said they believe Al is safe if they reach bowl games.

Over the last 30 years The U has never fired a coach for on field performance, now that we have bad football with a clean program we can see how commited they are to winning.

Not very.

I hope the new pres. drops the hammer on the athletic department. Flake saying he wants to be here long term. With the way our sports programs are going there is no long term. Our baseball team sucks lately, football is in the sewers of the freaking acc coastal, tennis isnt doing anything anymore, and our track squad is MEH.Our BBall team is the only thing making noise and they wont even make the tournament. It is over for athletics at the U unless the next pres does something

Advertisement
I read somewhere recently that the admin looks at this past season as his first season. Normally coaches receive at least 3 yrs to prove themselves which would indicate that he would have at least till after the 16 season. But you would have to think if Miami looks worse next season, all that will be out the window.

Our schedule is so easy next year in the first half we could be 5-0 or even 7-0. its going to make Al look good unfortunately

We have Nebraska in the first 5 which will be a loss and a yet to be named ACC team. If it is GT or Clemson that will be a loss. 5-7 next year. FSU, Clemson, Nebraska, GT and take a pick of the other teams we should beat but will lose to. Don't forget a road game at Cincy. No game is a guaranteed win anymore.

Advertisement
We're going to need a LOT of night games if we want this to be Golden's last year.

Its obvious the excuse machine is gearing up to write off 2015 already.

Armed rebellion may be needed. All canes fans study the army field guides for counter insurgency and SERE

Its obvious the excuse machine is gearing up to write off 2015 already.

Armed rebellion may be needed. All canes fans study the army field guides for counter insurgency and SERE

"Well, Joe, there was so much smoke about my future with the program that it fabricated a monumental-sized cloud and is once again hovering over this program. And that starts with me...."

This.

A FSU legend posted something to the effect of this "UM doesn't care about football. They want to be a great school and if they are good at football that is great, but if they are not good, that is okay too." It's obvious that UM either doesn't care about football or doesn't know what it takes to be good at football, or both. If that FSU legend can see it, why can't everyone else see it.

Advertisement
Back