Why is everyone so sure this is Golden's last season?

I was before. I'm not so sure now. I could easily see us going 7-5/8-4 and UM keeping him for the 2016 season. The very talent that he wasted going 6-7 will be the very excuse used to get him another year.

Advertisement
We play Pitt and UVA next year, also losing to FSU 5 yrs in a row, GT gonna give it to him also... Did I mention Clemson

Losses:

@FSU
Clemson
Nebraska
Georgia Tech
@Cincinnatti
@Pittsburgh
Virginia
@Duke
@UNC
VT

Wins:

@FAU
Bethune

Our schedule is so easy next year in the first half we could be 5-0 or even 7-0. its going to make Al look good unfortunately
Our schedule was easy this year and we won 6 games. We're losing our best WR, RB, TE, and LB to the NFL and will continue to run the same ****** defensive scheme. You do the math. There is no chance this team is reaching 7 wins next year.

I always said 2015 would be the year he got fired if he didn't show improvement. I don't think he can survive another 6-6 season. It will probably take 9 wins to save him in 2015.

Sadly, I think he's OK at 8 or even 7 wins & a couple "came closes". They want a choir boy image and whatever those academia jagoffs deem "competitive" as a product - all supported under ACC revenue share.

Advertisement
I think that if Al has another bad year, the hope is he will actually get fired. I think if Al has a good year (say 8+ wins by Al standards), he might be picked up somewhere else.

My personal feeling is that if Al does not win the Coastal, he's gone. The new president, if they love football, will make sure that Al knows that a ACCCG appearance is going to be his "benchmark" or Al can ride that 4 year might clouds of joy right to Pennsylvania... Now if the new president is a mixture of Edward T. Foote (loves academics, hates football) and Donna (loves money and accepts mediocre football), we're screwed.

Advertisement
The UM board of distrustees will not see the flaw in their ways until the next ACC TV contract comes around. By that time, its possible that FSU and Vandy could flip conferences. That would give both the SEC and ACC what they want. When the next ACC TV contract is of a lower value than the current one, then and only them will the board of distrustees consider any kind of action.

They will however respond to public relations incidents. Fortunately for our fan base, we good at that. :)

Exactly! A 6 or 7 win season in 2015 will be proclaimed a coaching miracle by Blake and the Administration.

We finished LAST in the Coastal in 2014, 10th in the ACC overall. Finish 4th in the Coastal, or third, and they will give him an extension.

Advertisement
With the last two seasons the way they ended and nothing forced to be changed we should not kid ourselves and expect them to go after the head coach when another bad season takes place next year. Next year we could expect Al to have to make changes on staff before being fired himself.

Shalala's intent when she got here was to de-emphasize/destroy athletics, and make HER the face of the U. She succeeded, and I gurantee that she and the BOT are pleased with Golden, and the new President will be worse (NO WAY she will be better)

Golden is a victim, according to the administration. A victim of "The Cloud" and now a victim to ignorant football fans.

Advertisement
If that FSU legend can see it, why can't everyone else see it.

Who says they don't? Like he said, football doesn't matter. The goal was a Harvard of the South: all Ivy League schools deemphasized sports. We might have to get used to it.

Losses:

@FSU
Clemson
Nebraska
Georgia Tech
@Cincinnatti
@Pittsburgh
Virginia
@Duke
@UNC
VT

Wins:

@FAU
Bethune

After how we played this year I expect us to win AT MOST AND I MEAN REALLY STRETCHING IT 6 games next year. FSU, Clemson, Nebraska, and GT I'm scratching as losses. We should beat bethune and FAU. The other 6 are toss-ups if the team actually tries but most will be losses if the team gives up on Golden next year too. Talent-wise we should win 10+ but with the coaching we have that's impossible. Maybe if somehow Kaaya wills us we get a couple more but even then I don't see 8 wins.

If he wins 7 games next year it's sad but he will be safe. This admin accepts mediocrity

What will be the reason for having a football team if nobody cares, nobody shows up to watch, nobody donates and nobody wants to play for you?
If this is where we are headed then we are a little private school with basketball, tennis, golf, volley ball and swimming teams with no upside.
Why would any kid want to go here and, more importantly, why would any parent want to pay 200 large to send his kids here? Maybe we'll be a top party school?

Trending down to say the least.

Advertisement
Back