Why I love Feeley

Feeley sounds good, imo, but we have to remember that a lot of what you are praising him for is just basic do your job stuff. Being better than an incompetent guy doesn’t make you a hero. We should _expect_ this sort of S&C program.
I totally agree 100%! But it is a welcome sight to finally see that we have people running this program that know's what the **** they are doing!!

Advertisement
Did any of them really transform their bodies though? or just consistently get in better shape for the next level? Also wouldnt you agree it is much better having the entire team, or the majority of the team showing significant signs of s&c gains rather than just a couple per year?
Why would you even ask that? Have I suggested otherwise? I haven’t defended the prior S&C. To the contrary, I pointed out that because the prior guy was so bad, you could be a lot better without actually being great. I am not saying Feeley isn’t or won’t be great, either. Just that the things people are excited about are things we should expect to see — table stakes, if you will. Time will show if he’s great, but for now, I’m pleased that he certainly appears to be professionally competent. We can hopefully crown him in the future.

Last edited:
The body transformations Feeley is supervising and building in these young men is astounding to say the least. I don’t recall a S&C program that has done so much in such little time with the kids. It truly seems they’ve bought in completely to TNM and Feeley’s program for each of them. The results loudly speak for themselves.

Why would you even ask that? Have I suggested otherwise? I haven’t defended the prior S&C. To the contrary, I pointed out that because the prior guy was so bad, you could be a lot better without actually being great. I am not saying Feeley isn’t or won’t be great, either. Just that the things people are excited about are things we should expect to see — table stales, if you will. Time will show if he’s great, but for now, I’m pleased that he certainly appears to be professionally competent. We can hopefully crown him in the future.
I agree but in the short time he has been here we have seen significant differences between his results and the previous view staffs

Advertisement
I agree but in the short time he has been here we have seen significant differences between his results and the previous view staffs
Agreed. We should expect to see significant differences, however. Because the last s&c guy was clearly not good. If we didnt see significant differences, it would be evidence that feeley isn’t good, either. But just because we see significant differences doesn’t mean he’s great.

I still have to see games before I can completely judge Feeley's work, but for the first time in a long time I feel like we have a S&C staff that knows what they're doing.

I saw the recent picture of Jordan Miller and I was shocked. Mind you, I was critical of signing him because at the time he was 2 star fat kid and we had Gus, who I had no faith in, as our S&C coach who could get that type of kid right.

Last edited:
Agreed. We should expect to see significant differences, however. Because the last s&c guy was clearly not good. If we didnt see significant differences, it would be evidence that feeley isn’t good, either. But just because we see significant differences doesn’t mean he’s great.
“Just because we see significant differences doesn’t mean he’s great.” Read that line again. What the fv*k does that even mean?

Advertisement
I still have to see games before I can completely judge Feeley's work, but for the first time in a long time I feel like we have a S&C staff that knows what they're doing.

I saw the recent picture of Jordan Miller and I was shocked. Mind you, I was critical of signing him because at the time he was 2 star fat kid and we had Gus, who I had no faith in, as our S&C coach who could get that type of kid right.
Bingo!

Now if he can only transform Kennedy.....View attachment 88681

Shaq and Pinckney finally have the body type of Miami Linebackers.

If Shaq wants to be a 1st-2nd rounder he needs at least 100 tackles (Devin White from LSU who is the same size as Shaq had about 123 tackles last year)

Pinkney needs about 90.

Neither can't afford to continuously whiff, miss tackles. They both need to take better angles as well. It's their money year.

“Just because we see significant differences doesn’t mean he’s great.” Read that line again. What the fv*k does that even mean?
Do you really not understand what that means?

Imagine you have two players: one guy sucks, one guy you’re not sure about. He may be average, he may be great. You cut the guy who sucks from the team. Now you have one player. It would be fair to say of him that just because he doesn’t suck doesn’t mean he’s great.

Advertisement
Last year Lorenzo Lingard looked like a WR playing running back... now he looks like Todd Gurley.
Naw lol. Lingard was sort of big in his upper body last year but he’s even more filled out now and it’s very noticeable.

Do you really not understand what that means?

Imagine you have two players: one guy sucks, one guy you’re not sure about. He may be average, he may be great. You cut the guy who sucks from the team. Now you have one player. It would be fair to say of him that just because he doesn’t suck doesn’t mean he’s great.
We’re talking about body types and transformations here from a strength and conditioning coach. Not talent. Two guys that stood out were Ivey and Miller. One put on about 20 lbs of muscle and the other shed what looks like close to 50 lbs of horrible fat. That’s not normal. That would be significant changes. That would be impressive. If you showed me a picture of those two when they signed, I would’ve said I hope they look like that as juniors not redshirt freshman. Big difference here.

We’re talking about body types and transformations here from a strength and conditioning coach. Not talent. Two guys that stood out were Ivey and Miller. One put on about 20 lbs of muscle and the other shed what looks like close to 50 lbs of horrible fat. That’s not normal. That would be significant changes. That would be impressive. If you showed me a picture of those two when they signed, I would’ve said I hope they look like that as juniors not redshirt freshman. Big difference here.
You have 85 guys on the roster. You’re talkimbout two. See?

Advertisement
Shaq and Pinckney finally have the body type of Miami Linebackers.

If Shaq wants to be a 1st-2nd rounder he needs at least 100 tackles (Devin White from LSU who is the same size as Shaq had about 123 tackles last year)

Pinkney needs about 90.

Neither can't afford to continuously whiff, miss tackles. They both need to take better angles as well. It's their money year.
I love Shaq but he is not sniffing the first round and probably not the second either. White ran 4.45 lol Shaq ain’t in that ballpark probably 4.75/4.8 guy. I need to see him be more consistent and make some impact plays.

You have 85 guys on the roster. You’re talkimbout two. See?
False. Go to the original post. Those are the two that I saw that were eye opening. There’s countless examples. Patchan has never been bigger. Joyner looks cut as does McCloud. Shaq for the first time in his career doesn’t have a gut and has a six pack. Not sure why you are hating. Feeley isn’t “basic.” He’s elite. He was highly thought of before he came, and this only supports that.

Cause he treats everyone different. On top of the Jordan Miller transformation and DJ Ivey looking like Hulk Hogan. One of the best before and after pictures I liked was Patrick Joyner. Being a tweener and making the full time switch to LB, all he did to him was lean him out. There’s no doubt in my mind the last few regimes would’ve bulked him up and that’s not always the answer. Also saw that’s what they did with Shaq which absolutely needed to be done. We have a real top of the line S&C program and now we have real coaches. Futures bright.
But but but temple

Advertisement
Back