Why follow this team?

I went to UM, but **** it, I might have to change teams.

They tore down the Orange Bowl. They killed swag. They have been mediocre for a decade. They won't pay coaches a competitive salary. they won't fire Al Golden.

We have Blake James mocking us. We have pillars. We have a BOT who gives zero ****s about football. We're "happy at sun life"

Our goal is to win the **** coastal.

They hate and alienate the fans. They hate the U. They don't want to win, they just want your money.

**** UM.

You gotta do what you gotta do.
I'm not going anywhere.

We're you going?

Advertisement

They tore down the Orange Bowl. They killed swag. They have been mediocre for a decade. They won't pay coaches a competitive salary. they won't fire Al Golden.

We have Blake James mocking us. We have pillars. We have a BOT who gives zero ****s about football. We're "happy at sun life"

They hate and alienate the fans. They hate the U. They don't want to win, they just want your money.

**** UM.

I'm not going anywhere.

We're you going?

You wouldn't buy a cheeseburger that tasted like crap, would you? Then why are you supporting this soft ***, cheap, garbage product?? Why support a program run by Blake James?

I'm going somewhere with better cheeseburgers. Luckily, in Florida, we have options

Im 25 been a fan since im 5. I'll never forget crying tears of joy in 01' when Dorsey held up that crystal ball. I want that feeling back.

Liberalism is a wonderful thing. Ruins everything. Sorry to go political but I just put an iron on my tattoo to burn it off and I needed to vent. The educational system is truly flawed, accept mediocrity and live happily ever after. Pay us 50k a year and we'll turn your kids brain into a pile of lemming mush. Here is a novel concept; Have a successful program, applications rise and there is competition to get into the school, the academic index of the school rises due to healthy competition. A sense of school pride builds and people give money. The community latches on and they want to be on board with a winner, they sponsor and more revenue rolls in to the school. It is way to logical for a progressive to understand, everything is given to people in the educational world and there is always a bogey man out to get them or it is someone else's fault. The program is failing, the schools reputation is dropping and they toss dimes to dollars to a medical program which is a massive risk/cost and is shaky at best. Maybe they should start where their collective bread is buttered (football) and go from there but they are the smartest people in the room so logic is out the window. Hey, maybe the students are realizing just how idiotic this is and from a business standpoint they are learning something, could be a pretty good case study. Didn't go to UM but I love the Canes and have for a long time. I fear Love may turned to "Loved" if these knuckleheads don't figure this out. It is so frustrating to watch this train wreck. The new president looks like he just rolled out of a bad breath convention and this is the face of a University.

Never prevent a conservative from sounding like a conservative

Advertisement

We have Blake James mocking us. We have pillars. We have a BOT who gives zero ***** about football. We're "happy at sun life"

**** UM.

Man I really feel your pain. Having been a fan for 35 years, let me tell you that never would I have ever thought that a time could come when this program was no longer worth following. In the past 2 years however I have been awakened to the fact that this administration (Jury still out on Frenk) and BOT do not care one bit about the football program. I have come to the disturbing realization that they are ashamed of the history of this program and are absolutely content with mediocrity as long as the players stay out of trouble. Consequently they have neutered this program to the point where it is no longer recognizable.

The fact that the administration has repeatedly shown that they don't care about winning is what makes this whole thing so disheartening and so discouraging to many of us. This is a very different situation than if we were struggling to win just because of a poor head coach(which is happening). But to know that the administration couldn't care less and is only contemplating a change because a group of passionate die hard fans keep embarrassing them by flying banners is really more than most are willing to tolerate. I remember back in the 90's when I found out we were going on probation and losing 31 scholarships. Those were dark days but that situation only served to toughen my resolve as a fan. As a matter of fact, going through that time is what truly turned me into a super die hard and a recruitnik. The threat of losing something that I loved just made me appreciate it even more. I followed recruiting religiously and called the Bill Buchalter recruiting hotline about a million times.

During that time I became a much more knowledgeable fan because I saw a completely different side of the program I loved. I saw first hand that those great teams don't just happen. I saw how much work went into building a team back up from scratch and realized how much I had taken for granted. I saw Butch slowly but surely put the team together one piece at a time. It was an excruciating process as Butch was also learning how to be a head coach at the same time. But Butch had a plan. The culmination of all that planning was the greatest college football team ever assembled. It was so **** sweet watching those kids that were freshman in 1997 go out as champions and caretakers of the greatest legacy in college football.

It's one thing to go through loses and hard times. All great programs have been through it. USC, Alabama, Texas, Notre Dame, FSU, UF and Nebraska have experienced major droughts. It isn't easy to find the right coach to lead an elite program and we had been very lucky with Howard, Jimmy, Dennis, and yes Butch. The difference however is that all of the aforementioned programs had and have administrations that are committed to winning. In my naiveté I had always assumed that every program was committed to winning. If not every school. at least the major ones with a history and tradition of winning like we had.

I remember reading posts over a decade ago claiming that Donna Shalala didn't care about the program and that we were all in for a rude awakening. I remember scoffing at such posts thinking how ridiculous the notion was. How could our administration not want to win? How could they not be committed to winning given our history, tradition and our role as the team/program that turned the entire landscape of college football upside down? We were the ultimate in underdogs. We were the quintessential David vs Goliath story. How could a small private school that had no history or tradition prior to the early 80's literally run roughshod over the sacred cows of college football in such a dominant and unapologetic manner and in the process become arguably the most recognized, imitated and influential brand in all college athletics. With it's alumni consisting of a who's who of All-Pro and Hall of Fame players how could any administration not want to respect and uphold that tradition? Well, this particular administration has proven that they do not. It is this administration coupled with their arrogant and elitist posturing that have almost accomplished the previously unthinkable. To drive away or come close to driving away the most loyal and passionate supporters of this once great program with their gross incompetence and willful negligence.

Despite all this, we are one coach away from returning to our rightful place among the elite of college football. Fortunately we are located in the richest concentration of high s hool football talent in the country. The good news is that all it takes is the right coach. The bad news is that we are depending on what has been proven to be the worst administration in college sports to do it.

Last edited:
[]_[] swag;2327362 said:
Agreed, if u wanna jump on the TCU bandwagon or some **** go ahead. But don't come back when the canes start winning again.

giphy.gif

**** UM.

I'm not going anywhere.

We're you going?

You wouldn't buy a cheeseburger that tasted like crap, would you? Then why are you supporting this soft ***, cheap, garbage product?? Why support a program run by Blake James?

I'm going somewhere with better cheeseburgers. Luckily, in Florida, we have options

Who said you have to buy anything? I haven't bought a single UM related item since '07 or '08.

Come game day, you turn on the television and watch the game. Stupid analogy unless you feel like you need to contribute financially to some program.

Surely you didn't attend Miami as you think the program is run by Blake. Let's hear your replacement candidates and please humor me what you would've done in his shoes.

Every one of you who up-rated the clown OP should seriously consider off'ing themselves. This program is bigger than a lame duck coaching staff or even Blake/BOT/administration. Then again, unlike the OP, I actually had the brains to attend a four year institution of higher learning (not buying that he went to UM), so the concept is probably lost on him.

Advertisement
I've been a fan since the mid 80's. It's not so easy to just forget that and say eff it I don't care anymore. I'm angry about having thrown away this season because we're cheap. Now it's helped because I went in with no expectation for the season. It's saved me lots of sleepless nights and fighting on Saturday. I find comfort in knowing that every loss brings us closer to Al being fired.

**** UM.

I'm not going anywhere.

We're you going?

You seriously need to find another team. It's people like you who give this fanbase a horrible name. I'm as frustrated and upset as anyone, but to consider switching allegiances proves that you have the intellectual capacity of an 8 year old

Heartbreak is a part of fandom. Hope is what keeps u coming back.

We are one coach away.

Every dynasty has fallen and rebuilt.

ONE COACH AWAY.

Look at who's in charge of hiring the next coach, if he even gets around to firing the current one.

Advertisement
Am embarrassed to say I went to this school. With its worsening academic profile and year after year of chitty, noncompetitive teams in an absolutely sterile environment, this school is just a ####hole to me. This year is the 50th anniversary of my class of 1965. We are to be celebrated as "Golden Ibises" at this year's Homecoming....but I'm not going. I am just that pizzed off at the place.

Eff them.

How good was the academic profile and football team in 1965?

Chitty..........but I was impressed when we started improving in the classroom and on the playing fields. Thought UM was really going places for a long while. I retire, move back to SWFL (after spending a lot of time overseas and in Houston)......and now we are GARBAGE AGAIN with more NCAA issues, horrible teams, clueless coaches, and a totally out of touch administration that thinks this place is Johns Hopkins! WTF is THIS?????

Liberalism is a wonderful thing. Ruins everything. Sorry to go political but I just put an iron on my tattoo to burn it off and I needed to vent. The educational system is truly flawed, accept mediocrity and live happily ever after. Pay us 50k a year and we'll turn your kids brain into a pile of lemming mush. Here is a novel concept; Have a successful program, applications rise and there is competition to get into the school, the academic index of the school rises due to healthy competition. A sense of school pride builds and people give money. The community latches on and they want to be on board with a winner, they sponsor and more revenue rolls in to the school. It is way to logical for a progressive to understand, everything is given to people in the educational world and there is always a bogey man out to get them or it is someone else's fault. The program is failing, the schools reputation is dropping and they toss dimes to dollars to a medical program which is a massive risk/cost and is shaky at best. Maybe they should start where their collective bread is buttered (football) and go from there but they are the smartest people in the room so logic is out the window. Hey, maybe the students are realizing just how idiotic this is and from a business standpoint they are learning something, could be a pretty good case study. Didn't go to UM but I love the Canes and have for a long time. I fear Love may turned to "Loved" if these knuckleheads don't figure this out. It is so frustrating to watch this train wreck. The new president looks like he just rolled out of a bad breath convention and this is the face of a University.

WTF does liberalism have to do with the football team sucking? What a dumbass porst.

View attachment 32867

Some things need a closer inspection.

LMAO!

**** UM.

I'm not going anywhere.

We're you going?

I didn't start rooting for this team yesterday. I started when I was accepted to Miami 38 years ago.
Too much invested to cut out on a bad period. 1977 and 1978 were no fun. Mid-90's was no party either. This 10 year bad stretch is way longer than anyone could have anticipated but will pass.

I don't understand the "luckily, in Florida, we have options" quote. There are options everywhere. If you're saying you're going Gator, or Noles...well, that's incomprehensible to me and I really don't have much more to say, other than... please go.

Advertisement
I recently saw a list of BOT's.
I know A-Rod and Kosar were on there.
Does anyone know if there are any other true sports guys?

Remember the days when we lost you'd be in shock ? Then mourning would set in after that, it would take me three days to recover.

I never thought I'd be numb to losses, they don't bother me at all. Just another day in the park.

I remember thinking we were done in the early Butch days, then they came back, and then I thought we would never let it slip away again, **** was I wrong, this thing may really be done

Advertisement
Back