Why follow this team?

CaneInTheBrain

Thunderdome
I went to UM, but **** it, I might have to change teams.

They tore down the Orange Bowl. They killed swag. They have been mediocre for a decade. They won't pay coaches a competitive salary. they won't fire Al Golden.

We have Blake James mocking us. We have pillars. We have a BOT who gives zero ***** about football. We're "happy at sun life"

Our goal is to win the **** coastal.

They hate and alienate the fans. They hate the U. They don't want to win, they just want your money.

**** UM.

Advertisement
I feel your pain. I didn't go to UM, but I've been a fan of the U for 25 years. It's a shame what the program as become. Let's hope Fenk pushes the program in the right direction.

I'd never thought the day would come where I'd have this much distaste for this program. That's over 30 + years of being a fan, it used to be one of my biggest passions .

They go out of their way to make it suck to follow this team, and then they complain when we are vocal about it. **** them. If this smug *** AD has the balls to bring back Golden I am moving to Europe next fall or some ****.

I'd never thought the day would come where I'd have this much distaste for this program. That's over 30 + years of being a fan, it used to be one of my biggest passions .

I'm going on my 27th year as a fan (I've been watching since I was 4). I never thought I would agree with a statement like this.

Advertisement
Man either your a fan or not, as bad as we have it right now a lot fans still have it worse than us. There's Iowa state fans out here for Christ sakes

Dammit mane... My first two college games as a kid were late 80s @ the OB and early 90s UT(my bro played for the VOls)

VOLS had more fans, but it wasn't rocking like the OB trust me. It was just a energy you can feel

Man either your a fan or not, as bad as we have it right now a lot fans still have it worse than us. There's Iowa state fans out here for Christ sakes

Wtf? How many championships does Iowa state have? Real fans don't lower the bar and accept mediocrity. #BBB

I'm seriously considering dropping UM. I never in my 33 years of watching thought I would ever even acknowledge the thought. Back in the early 90's and 2000's, I'd skip watching games like Syracuse vs UM or some other crappy team b/c I knew UM would blow them out. Now I stare at the TV gritting my teeth, hoping for a win against FAU. ****, just put me out of my misery. I'm not even going to bring up the 80's Canes, they must be so embarrassed of the program.

Advertisement

Wtf? How many championships does Iowa state have? Real fans don't lower the bar and accept mediocrity. #BBB

Exactly. This is the attitude that's got this program in this position.

He's pretty much saying " we could be Iowa St". But we aren't .

This a school with tradition and located in the most talent rich part of the country . The administration has proven multiple times they don't care about the football program , which would make any sane fan question his fandom.

Heartbreak is a part of fandom. Hope is what keeps u coming back.

We are one coach away.

Every dynasty has fallen and rebuilt.

ONE COACH AWAY.

Exactly. This is the attitude that's got this program in this position.

He's pretty much saying " we could be Iowa St". But we aren't .

This a school with tradition and located in the most talent rich part of the country . The administration has proven multiple times they don't care about the football program , which would make any sane fan question his fandom.
Man I can't wait for the good times to back, suffering through these times will make those times even sweeter.

I went to UM, but **** it, I might have to change teams.

They tore down the Orange Bowl. They killed swag. They have been mediocre for a decade. They won't pay coaches a competitive salary. they won't fire Al Golden.

We have Blake James mocking us. We have pillars. We have a BOT who gives zero ****s about football. We're "happy at sun life"

Our goal is to win the **** coastal.

They hate and alienate the fans. They hate the U. They don't want to win, they just want your money.

**** UM.

I feel ya, i went to UM from 87 to 91, lost 2 games in 4 years with 2 NC's. I love the Miami Hurricanes but i can't take watching this **** show much longer with no end in sight. At least during the probation years we knew there was light at the end of the tunnel. We had more signature wins while we were on probation then we have had the last five years. Think about that ****.

Advertisement
We follow because we're fans! I don't like where we are as a program, right now. A lot of things needs fixing and it starts with new direction. In 30 years, I can say that I have seen us at our best and watching this **** show, that Al is putting on the field week after week, is fuccin embarrassing. It hurts., It hurts, dog. I just can't follow or cheer for another team. It's in my soul to be a cane fan. I don't care how bad we suck, I'm watching.... Just not at the stadium. I refuse to give these muhfuccas any more of my hard earned money unless changes are made. I'm a Cane fan, and I will continue to watch because I'm a Cane fan. I'm sorry, but I just can't support another team. I would rather just quit watching college football altogether.

We follow because we're fans! I don't like where we are as a program, right now. A lot of things needs fixing and it starts with new direction. In 30 years, I can say that I have seen us at our best and watching this **** show, that Al is putting on the field week after week, is fuccin embarrassing. It hurts., It hurts, dog. I just can't follow or cheer for another team. It's in my soul to be a cane fan. I don't care how bad we suck, I'm watching.... Just not at the stadium. I refuse to give these muhfuccas any more of my hard earned money unless changes are made. I'm a Cane fan, and I will continue to watch because I'm a Cane fan. I'm sorry, but I just can't support another team. I would rather just quit watching college football altogether.

This right here.

I support the program.. Always will.
Even when Shannon was running this program to the ground I supported it. Never wished for losses.
What's going to happen is going to happen. No amount of wishing for losses will change that.

Advertisement
The losses speeds up the process, tho. I don't wish for losses, but I DON'T knock the fans that do. I feel their pain. They kno Wat this problem can be with the right guy leading it. I do tend to get over losses faster, tho. I'm just waiting on someone to drop the hammer on this ****!

Your an idiot, look at the level of recruits that go to each school! Definitely a GOLDEN slurper!

Liberalism is a wonderful thing. Ruins everything. Sorry to go political but I just put an iron on my tattoo to burn it off and I needed to vent. The educational system is truly flawed, accept mediocrity and live happily ever after. Pay us 50k a year and we'll turn your kids brain into a pile of lemming mush. Here is a novel concept; Have a successful program, applications rise and there is competition to get into the school, the academic index of the school rises due to healthy competition. A sense of school pride builds and people give money. The community latches on and they want to be on board with a winner, they sponsor and more revenue rolls in to the school. It is way to logical for a progressive to understand, everything is given to people in the educational world and there is always a bogey man out to get them or it is someone else's fault. The program is failing, the schools reputation is dropping and they toss dimes to dollars to a medical program which is a massive risk/cost and is shaky at best. Maybe they should start where their collective bread is buttered (football) and go from there but they are the smartest people in the room so logic is out the window. Hey, maybe the students are realizing just how idiotic this is and from a business standpoint they are learning something, could be a pretty good case study. Didn't go to UM but I love the Canes and have for a long time. I fear Love may turned to "Loved" if these knuckleheads don't figure this out. It is so frustrating to watch this train wreck. The new president looks like he just rolled out of a bad breath convention and this is the face of a University.

Heartbreak is a part of fandom. Hope is what keeps u coming back.

We are one coach away.

Every dynasty has fallen and rebuilt.

ONE COACH AWAY.

That's the only thing that keeps my hope alive, I just wish the administration would hire that guy.

I just expect them to always make the wrong decision

Advertisement
Back