Why follow this team?

Man either your a fan or not, as bad as we have it right now a lot fans still have it worse than us. There's Iowa state fans out here for Christ sakes

Your an idiot, look at the level of recruits that go to each school! Definitely a GOLDEN slurper!

You're not getting what I'm saying as bad as we have it, other teams have it worse and their fans aren't switching teams, I root for Miami or nobody.

Advertisement
Man either your a fan or not, as bad as we have it right now a lot fans still have it worse than us. There's Iowa state fans out here for Christ sakes

Your an idiot, look at the level of recruits that go to each school! Definitely a GOLDEN slurper!

You're not getting what I'm saying as bad as we have it, other teams have it worse and their fans aren't switching teams, I root for Miami or nobody.

Agreed, if u wanna jump on the TCU bandwagon or some **** go ahead. But don't come back when the canes start winning again.

[]_[] swag;2327362 said:

Agreed, if u wanna jump on the TCU bandwagon or some **** go ahead. But don't come back when the canes start winning again.

My grandkids will have grandkids by that time.

[]_[] swag;2327362 said:

You a Jeb or Hillary supporter?

Advertisement
Am embarrassed to say I went to this school. With its worsening academic profile and year after year of chitty, noncompetitive teams in an absolutely sterile environment, this school is just a ####hole to me. This year is the 50th anniversary of my class of 1965. We are to be celebrated as "Golden Ibises" at this year's Homecoming....but I'm not going. I am just that pizzed off at the place.

Eff them.

I went to UM, but **** it, I might have to change teams.

They tore down the Orange Bowl. They killed swag. They have been mediocre for a decade. They won't pay coaches a competitive salary. they won't fire Al Golden.

We have Blake James mocking us. We have pillars. We have a BOT who gives zero ***** about football. We're "happy at sun life"

Our goal is to win the **** coastal.

They hate and alienate the fans. They hate the U. They don't want to win, they just want your money.

**** UM.

Plenty of room on the memphis bandwagon.

Am embarrassed to say I went to this school. With its worsening academic profile and year after year of chitty, noncompetitive teams in an absolutely sterile environment, this school is just a ####hole to me. This year is the 50th anniversary of my class of 1965. We are to be celebrated as "Golden Ibises" at this year's Homecoming....but I'm not going. I am just that pizzed off at the place.

Eff them.

How good was the academic profile and football team in 1965?

Advertisement
I'm seriously considering dropping UM. I never in my 33 years of watching thought I would ever even acknowledge the thought. Back in the early 90's and 2000's, I'd skip watching games like Syracuse vs UM or some other crappy team b/c I knew UM would blow them out. Now I stare at the TV gritting my teeth, hoping for a win against FAU. ****, just put me out of my misery. I'm not even going to bring up the 80's Canes, they must be so embarrassed of the program.

Don't let the door hit your *** on the way out.

I feel you OP I've been a fan since I was about 8 years old which was about 1994 (I'm 29) My first real experience of my Miami was through the probation days in the early 90's back then I thought I couldn't be worse but Al have proved me wrong my first game was the 1999 Gator Bowl vs GT I have been to at least 2 or 3 games every season since I really hope this **** ends soon

Liberalism is a wonderful thing. Ruins everything. Sorry to go political but I just put an iron on my tattoo to burn it off and I needed to vent. The educational system is truly flawed, accept mediocrity and live happily ever after. Pay us 50k a year and we'll turn your kids brain into a pile of lemming mush. Here is a novel concept; Have a successful program, applications rise and there is competition to get into the school, the academic index of the school rises due to healthy competition. A sense of school pride builds and people give money. The community latches on and they want to be on board with a winner, they sponsor and more revenue rolls in to the school. It is way to logical for a progressive to understand, everything is given to people in the educational world and there is always a bogey man out to get them or it is someone else's fault. The program is failing, the schools reputation is dropping and they toss dimes to dollars to a medical program which is a massive risk/cost and is shaky at best. Maybe they should start where their collective bread is buttered (football) and go from there but they are the smartest people in the room so logic is out the window. Hey, maybe the students are realizing just how idiotic this is and from a business standpoint they are learning something, could be a pretty good case study. Didn't go to UM but I love the Canes and have for a long time. I fear Love may turned to "Loved" if these knuckleheads don't figure this out. It is so frustrating to watch this train wreck. The new president looks like he just rolled out of a bad breath convention and this is the face of a University.

WTF does liberalism have to do with the football team sucking? What a dumbass porst.

We follow because we're fans! I don't like where we are as a program, right now. A lot of things needs fixing and it starts with new direction. In 30 years, I can say that I have seen us at our best and watching this **** show, that Al is putting on the field week after week, is fuccin embarrassing. It hurts., It hurts, dog. I just can't follow or cheer for another team. It's in my soul to be a cane fan. I don't care how bad we suck, I'm watching.... Just not at the stadium. I refuse to give these muhfuccas any more of my hard earned money unless changes are made. I'm a Cane fan, and I will continue to watch because I'm a Cane fan. I'm sorry, but I just can't support another team. I would rather just quit watching college football altogether.

I'm right there. Been fan for 50 years, an alum, and a large booster at one time. There is nothing in sports like having been a Cane, nothing. I was at every game of the Fin's Perfect Season, but that didn't touch the second wide right, or 3rd and 43, or being in Tally during a comeback while they did their stupid chant. I too refuse to see another dime on my money go to CG but I will never follow another team. I will complete the process of giving up college football when I can no longer take watching what we have been made into.

Advertisement

Wtf? How many championships does Iowa state have? Real fans don't lower the bar and accept mediocrity. #BBB

Fans are fans good or bad. Th at doesn't mean they don't accept mediocrity or any of the such. They hope for better, even in the lowest of times whether it's dominance for a period or that one miraculous season.

Real fans also don't tell someone how to be a fan either. You be a fan how you want to and let others be as they may. You both are brothers in the end, even if your opinions differ.

Liberalism is a wonderful thing. Ruins everything. Sorry to go political but I just put an iron on my tattoo to burn it off and I needed to vent. The educational system is truly flawed, accept mediocrity and live happily ever after. Pay us 50k a year and we'll turn your kids brain into a pile of lemming mush. Here is a novel concept; Have a successful program, applications rise and there is competition to get into the school, the academic index of the school rises due to healthy competition. A sense of school pride builds and people give money. The community latches on and they want to be on board with a winner, they sponsor and more revenue rolls in to the school. It is way to logical for a progressive to understand, everything is given to people in the educational world and there is always a bogey man out to get them or it is someone else's fault. The program is failing, the schools reputation is dropping and they toss dimes to dollars to a medical program which is a massive risk/cost and is shaky at best. Maybe they should start where their collective bread is buttered (football) and go from there but they are the smartest people in the room so logic is out the window. Hey, maybe the students are realizing just how idiotic this is and from a business standpoint they are learning something, could be a pretty good case study. Didn't go to UM but I love the Canes and have for a long time. I fear Love may turned to "Loved" if these knuckleheads don't figure this out. It is so frustrating to watch this train wreck. The new president looks like he just rolled out of a bad breath convention and this is the face of a University.

WTF does liberalism have to do with the football team sucking? What a dumbass porst.

25-photos-you-need-to-really-look-at-to-understand-1-16537-1366766530-11_big.jpg

Some things need a closer inspection.

Advertisement

Yeah, with all that iowa talent right in their backyard.

I went to UM, but **** it, I might have to change teams.

They tore down the Orange Bowl. They killed swag. They have been mediocre for a decade. They won't pay coaches a competitive salary. they won't fire Al Golden.

We have Blake James mocking us. We have pillars. We have a BOT who gives zero ****s about football. We're "happy at sun life"

Our goal is to win the **** coastal.

They hate and alienate the fans. They hate the U. They don't want to win, they just want your money.

**** UM.

You gotta do what you gotta do.
I'm not going anywhere.

Yeah, with all that iowa talent right in their backyard.

That's the point.
We're ticked because we have been real good, we can be real good, but we're not.
There are plenty of teams out there that will never be real good. Period.

Advertisement
Back