Why follow this team?

I recently saw a list of BOT's.
I know A-Rod and Kosar were on there.
Does anyone know if there are any other true sports guys?

Have at it, boss: UM Board of Trustees

Regarding the OP - There's no other team I would root for. The closest thing I have to an "alternative team" I support is Orlando City Soccer. Yeah that's right people. If I ever lose faith in Miami and stop supporting, my fall back is the MLS... FML.

Advertisement
I was raised in Miami, went to the U for my bachelor's and masters. I love my U but I wil not follow this team until Al Golden is fired. Question, did Flake hire Larrañaga?

Advertisement
It always bothers me when people complain about the team consistently. We're pretty good, almost never as good as we can be. That sucks and we all know it, but crying forever to the point where u have nothing to enjoy about being is ridiculous. If you can't enjoy anything about it, then yea stop being a fan. I know we haven't lived up to expectations since I've been a fan(I'm a senior here now), but I enjoy the ride as much as I can through the bs. If there's nothing to enjoy about it, then there's no reason for you to follow it. It's as if some of y'all have never been through anything. Life isn't always sunshine and championships. Of course it's always better when it's nice and sunny outside, but believe it or not, it rains a lot in Miami.

It always bothers me when people complain about the team consistently. We're pretty good, almost never as good as we can be. That sucks and we all know it, but crying forever to the point where u have nothing to enjoy about being is ridiculous. If you can't enjoy anything about it, then yea stop being a fan. I know we haven't lived up to expectations since I've been a fan(I'm a senior here now), but I enjoy the ride as much as I can through the bs. If there's nothing to enjoy about it, then there's no reason for you to follow it. It's as if some of y'all have never been through anything. Life isn't always sunshine and championships. Of course it's always better when it's nice and sunny outside, but believe it or not, it rains a lot in Miami.

"Pretty good"? Is this a joke?

Actually we aren't " pretty good", more like mediocre and it's been that way for awhile .

Last edited:
I follow this team mostly for the memories now.

It's a **** shame.

Current players like Njoku, Norton, Burns, Kaaya, Waters, Howard, AQM, Grace etc...make me remember what we used to be about.

It's a halcyon experience.

Advertisement
Bump. Tell me again why you follow this trash.

Please be specific.

Because that's what fans do, you inbred. Wrigley Field is full for every game, and the Cubs haven't won **** in over a century. Go hop on some bandwagon. Be a Memphis fan or something. Just leave already.

Started being a Canes fan in '96. Those were some bad years, no doubt. The last 10 years hurt worse than the probation years, because ****, during the probation years, you could see the light at the end of the tunnel (ala UCLA '98). The past ten years I've witnessed a glorious program slowly being chopped down like a big old tree. The Coker, Shannon, and now Golden years have slowly dissolved our program.

It's funny to me how much the University has gained because of the great football teams that have played here, but then refuse to give anything back. Where would the university be without the great teams of the 80's?

I'll never stop being a 'Canes fan. I wouldn't be watching college football without them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back