Why don't we love Hard Rock?

I have a house in the pinecrest area as well. Mines a lil further off old Cutler but same principle. I'm not knocking any fan that attends games & goes out their way to support the team. I just think the universities priorities should be more towards the south opposed to Broward and up. Just an opinion though.
The debate will go on and on here... Both sides unwavering and firm on the issue of playing/ leaving JRS. I have never gotten over the closure of the OB.
My wife retired from UM so after we moved to JRS I would take advantage of tickets when available.
The Ross championship celebration for Tebow/UF solidified my distain for JRS.
I'm not a Fins fan so I'm not compromised.
Still, I'm a Canes fan... some things never will change.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hard Rock is almost perfect. Even last year, but when the fans did show up (FSU) the Canes didn't.

There’s a reason every single piece of Canes marketing shows South Beach, Coral Gables and the Miami Downtown Skyline… HRS is a remote, rented outpost. Plain & simple. Hopefully one day we’ll follow in the footsteps of the Heat and come correct.

I’m in favor of what’s better for the players, students + what shuts down negative recruiting over the conveniences of some broward fans.

Until then gotta make the best of this predicament.

Attachments

• IMG_2089.jpeg
    IMG_2089.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Again, none of this matters to my point.

Miami is and will continue to be at a disadvantage as long as the school continues to rent. Just like remaining in the ACC. Those are facts. Thats not an opinion. Both are financial disadvantages.

Is it enough to keep Miami from winning? I don’t think so, no. But does it make it more difficult than other programs? Yes.

Today in college football, you try to maximize profit.

All the other stuff like how impossible it is, irrelevant.

The AD Rad said out of his own mouth that it is IDEAL to have own stadium. Facts.

Thanks

IDEAL and REALISTIC are two different things. Yes, it would be IDEAL for Miami to have our own stadium, but unfortunately, raising and then spending the equivalent of 50% of our endowment to make that happen isn't a rational idea. You keep talking about maximizing profit, there's little reason to believe that we would see any profit anytime soon. Keep in mind, stadium upkeep isn't cheap and seeing that we aren't a state school and can't depend on slights of hand to slip money into that department, that will add up. Facilities that were built 10-20years ago are now being updated for 2-300 million dollars. Imagine Miami building this facility and then expecting a small donor base to pony up another nine figures 15 years later. Good luck. That's the part people don't think about. Then again, a lot of the fans that scream the most for it have never donated a dime, and know nothing about how fundraising works at the University of Miami. It's easy to spend the money of others...

Advertisement
Dolphins don't play at home again until 9/24.

There is no reason why we can't have "Hurricanes" instead of the Dolphins MIAMI logo in the endzones for our first 2 games.

First 3 games, but don't hold your breath. Especially with the FAMU-Jackson State game at Hard Rock on Sunday.

Looking at the WeatherBug Cam they are resodding the field right now, so we'll know soon enough.

First 3 games, but don't hold your breath. Especially with the FAMU-Jackson State game at Hard Rock on Sunday.

Looking at the WeatherBug Cam they are resodding the field right now, so we'll know soon enough.
I told my (Fins-superfan) wife that they are sodding the field with the most cushiony stuff they can buy to protect Tua and this season.

More urban located stadiums have x200 the environment than Crack Rock. I kid you not, Rutgers has a much wilder environment even when they're getting blown out: packed stadium, energy, fist fights breaking out. Rock Hard is in a petri dish in the middle of casa mamalao surrounded by pavement as far as the eye can see with 0 transit options. Really dope, right? 99% on this board prioritize a comfy parking spot than a real stadium.

Advertisement
I’m sure there are wealthy alumni all over South Florida. I don’t doubt that. What I’m questioning is if they’re donating money to the football program or if they really care about Miami’s athletic programs at all. It wasn’t long ago when Richt was begging people to donate money to build the IPF. We’re making improvements to facilities but in reality, we’re still light years behind major programs in this area. Just makes me wonder why we’re so far behind.

You can say whatever you want to me. I’m an adult.
Richt wasn't begging anyone...stop the BS....
He donated a Million of his own $$$$....and Carol Soffer & family donated the rest. Stop with your constant agenda.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back