Why don't we love Hard Rock?

Advertisement
JFC, Dolphs play on Sundays they’re not home on Fri/Sat. Canes are the home squatters on those days. Facility is beautiful and convenient to ALL fans. OB was a ***king dump, even in the 70’s when I was a student. Oh yeah the Dolphs played there then. Some people want a stadium in Dade, well a centrally located one is better for all the fans, and that’s The Rock. There was talk about a campus stadium when I lived on campus. Only bc after drinking at The Rat, we wanted to walk to the game rather than drunk drive to the OB, and we sucked, so everyone was more interested in smoking and drinking than the game. Well, at least some things don’t change. #CANESNATIONLIFER🙌🏽
We might have sat together at some of those games.

Hard Rock is a world class facility, that host the top events.. Manny Navarro had a story I think during acc media day and one of questions was best stadium to play and opposing players picked Hard rock more times than not, said they loved the locker rooms compared to VT, FSU and other **** holes, lmaoo.. Players like playing in an nfl stadium, at end of day it is what it is.. who is going to build a billion dollar stadium and where?? lol
Again, none of this matters to my point.

Miami is and will continue to be at a disadvantage as long as the school continues to rent. Just like remaining in the ACC. Those are facts. Thats not an opinion. Both are financial disadvantages.

Is it enough to keep Miami from winning? I don’t think so, no. But does it make it more difficult than other programs? Yes.

Today in college football, you try to maximize profit.

All the other stuff like how impossible it is, irrelevant.

The AD Rad said out of his own mouth that it is IDEAL to have own stadium. Facts.

Thanks

Advertisement
Bro no offense, but you need to get out more LOL. HRS is Mickey Mouse compared to AT&T and SoFi Stadium. Most new stadiums built in the last 10 years are nicer than HRS.
Havent been to att but sofi is absolutely bonkers nice. Except for the north of $60 a game to park in GA parking

Hard Rock is a world class facility, that host the top events.. Manny Navarro had a story I think during acc media day and one of questions was best stadium to play and opposing players picked Hard rock more times than not, said they loved the locker rooms compared to VT, FSU and other **** holes, lmaoo.. Players like playing in an nfl stadium, at end of day it is what it is.. who is going to build a billion dollar stadium and where?? lol
When one of your main points is that opposing teams like your stadium….yikes.

Advertisement
😹 Friday’s @the Ratt, .25 cent beers, music and dancing. Epic. The game at the OB, was a place to sweat out the beer and sober up. It’s away always hot as balls in there. Even flipper was sweating, in his pool.🙌🏽
The Rat what memories huh?.always hot for sure. We were probably both at the rat on opening day. 🙌🏻

Havent been to att but sofi is absolutely bonkers nice. Except for the north of $60 a game to park in GA parking
SoFi is by far the nicest stadium in the country. There’s not a bad seat in that place due to how the levels/rows were designed. It has all the modern innovations and amenities and is beautifully built.

FWIW, Ruiz was working with the designers who built SoFI on our hypothetical dream stadium. There’s no doubt it would have been the nicest stadium in all of College Football. Of course it’s never going to happen but we can dream.

Advertisement
We should just change it to Hard Co ck stadium.

How much cooler would “meet you at the c ock” sound?

“Behind a raucous 70k crowd, Miami pummels FSU at the c ock.”
Celebrity gif. Randy Jackson in a Cameo video taken in a car, saying, yeah that's gonna be a no from me, dawg.

I do love it. I have no issues with The Rock, other than it's not our color. That being said, I do miss the OB.
This is where the vast majority of people are on the issue.

This is where the vast majority of people are on the issue.
Yeah, it's comfortable, and at my age, I enjoy comfort...... but boy that OB was **** intimidating to opposing teams, and fans alike. Of course those teams back then, had a lot to do with the intimidating atmosphere. Of course I've seen a few ******, (cane and opps) get they *** straight kicced at the OB. Fun times mane.

Advertisement
Dolphins don't play at home again until 9/24.

There is no reason why we can't have "Hurricanes" instead of the Dolphins MIAMI logo in the endzones for our first 2 games.

Again, none of this matters to my point.

Miami is and will continue to be at a disadvantage as long as the school continues to rent. Just like remaining in the ACC. Those are facts. Thats not an opinion. Both are financial disadvantages.

Is it enough to keep Miami from winning? I don’t think so, no. But does it make it more difficult than other programs? Yes.

Today in college football, you try to maximize profit.

All the other stuff like how impossible it is, irrelevant.

The AD Rad said out of his own mouth that it is IDEAL to have own stadium. Facts.

Thanks

It's assumed that Miami, paying out of pocket to build their own stadium would be a smart move financially.

Not if the stadium is 1/2 empty every week.

Before we start assuming financials, we'd need to weigh what the costs of buying land and building a stadium would be and how many tickets/parking/concession dollars they would need to make to turn a profit. It's easy to say "Well, they'll be keeping 100% of the money they make instead of sharing it with Stephen Ross" but they'll also be paying 100% of the bill required build and maintain a stadium.

It's assumed that Miami, paying out of pocket to build their own stadium would be a smart move financially.

Not if the stadium is 1/2 empty every week.

Before we start assuming financials, we'd need to weigh what the costs of buying land and building a stadium would be and how many tickets/parking/concession dollars they would need to make to turn a profit. It's easy to say "Well, they'll be keeping 100% of the money they make instead of sharing it with Stephen Ross" but they'll also be paying 100% of the bill required build and maintain a stadium.
And that assumes the additional revenue from other events materializes.

Having your own stadium provides multiple OPTIONS for creating revenue, even in the face of declining attendance. In my humble opinion, I think my assumptions about profit are a safe one. You read this article and look at the numbers and the ways in which college and pros are being creative to make big money and then ask yourself, how many of these different things can Miami currently initiate without permission?

Advertisement
Back