why does everyone say vt will beat us this year

Advertisement
I mean, what about our past history of losing games that we should be winning is reassuring or comforting to you or anyone picking games? I hope this year is different but until we see the product on the field, history isn't in our favor right now.

Edit: We lost to FIU after all.

Advertisement
Same reason UL is favored over us.... Wait... uhhh...

They are just idiots.

Advertisement
Because the trendy media choice this season is “not falling for Miami again”.

The truth is, it would take incredibly bad luck and/or serious injuries for Miami not to improve on last season’s record. We’re talking about a team that lost 5 games by 7 or less. Compared to just two wins by 7 or less. Statistically, these thing tend to even out over time. (Just like all the narrow wins in 2017 became losses in 2018)

So, even if the team doesn’t improve (hard to believe it won’t) they’d still be in line for 1-2 more wins this season based off averages alone.

Advertisement
We have a difference maker at QB. I’m more confident than I’ve ever been. We have a guy that can take a simple read option from the 5 yard line, bounce it to the outside and tear *** for 95 yards to the house then two offensive possessions later, fake the read option, pull up and launch that ish down the field for the bomb. Never had a player of that caliber at quarterback.

I don't see Virginia tech beating us this year, esp after losing bud foster and all the other problems vt has. i still dont understand why everybody has us losing to them.

Because you will always find some alleged Cane fans who are fanboys of EVERY OTHER head coach in the country except ours. They will tell you how great Justin Fuente or Mike Norvell is, and how those guys could do serious damage if they coached at Miami and had access to SoFla talent.

This happens every year, all you have to do is replace those coaches' names with whoever was hired in Power 5 in the preceding 365 days, and you'll have a template for a response from a soft-shouldered mope who is trying to "keep it real" by predicting that we will go 7-5.

Advertisement
Because the trendy media choice this season is “not falling for Miami again”.

The truth is, it would take incredibly bad luck and/or serious injuries for Miami not to improve on last season’s record. We’re talking about a team that lost 5 games by 7 or less. Compared to just two wins by 7 or less. Statistically, these thing tend to even out over time. (Just like all the narrow wins in 2017 became losses in 2018)

So, even if the team doesn’t improve (hard to believe it won’t) they’d still be in line for 1-2 more wins this season based off averages alone.
Maybe we were lucky to lose those 5 games by only 7 points. Luck can go both ways.

I think you’re right that we’ll win more games than last year, but it will be because we’ve improved as a football team. Your luck argument is just flawed IMO.

We really don't know what we can do. ALl these scrimmages we have with 6 touchdowns isn't really showing us what we can really do when its game time. Will the offense be a lot better yes, but we don't know until we hit UAB UP THURSDAY.

Advertisement
Back