Why do we seem to have such weak schedules.

We play a top 10 team on the road. No need to punish ourselves further when we're trying to build up the program from a crappy level.

Advertisement
No more FAMU.

Not surprised you would say this seeing that your name is "arizonacane"...your state dont even acknowledge MLK day.

So why is it that FAMU should be off that schedule and not FAU? They both sorry as *****. At least FAMU brings the Marching 100. And a legit 10-20k crowd of alumni and students. FAU cant even get 15k to come to Sunlife and they are 3x the enrollment size of FAMU.

Also, FAMU has tradition down here. The Orange Blossom Classic game was a tradition down here for minorities in the 60s and 70s (and even further back then that) so FAMU has hella roots in the south florida community. FAU and FIU dont give us **** but headaches. FAU stadium sucks and isnt big enough..and FIU players are so jealous they didnt get UM offers they would rather brawl with us then play.

So no, FAMU should not be off the schedule. Do we need to play them every year? No. But hosting them once every 3 years doesnt hurt us and the attendance is always solid considering we are playing a school that doesnt have a player who would be on our scout team.

(And yes I am a FAMU alumni. Wont say my class. Im ole' school though.)

Showed your true colors here. Get your racial propaganda off the board. This is a football site not a donation website for famu

To assume he is racist or even racially motivated just because he lives in Arizona is the most ignorant and backwards thing I've read on here in a long time, and that's saying something.

Only colors here are orange and green nobody cares about pitying FAMU

Last edited:
No more FAMU.

Not surprised you would say this seeing that your name is "arizonacane"...your state dont even acknowledge MLK day.

So why is it that FAMU should be off that schedule and not FAU? They both sorry as *****. At least FAMU brings the Marching 100. And a legit 10-20k crowd of alumni and students. FAU cant even get 15k to come to Sunlife and they are 3x the enrollment size of FAMU.

Also, FAMU has tradition down here. The Orange Blossom Classic game was a tradition down here for minorities in the 60s and 70s (and even further back then that) so FAMU has hella roots in the south florida community. FAU and FIU dont give us **** but headaches. FAU stadium sucks and isnt big enough..and FIU players are so jealous they didnt get UM offers they would rather brawl with us then play.

So no, FAMU should not be off the schedule. Do we need to play them every year? No. But hosting them once every 3 years doesnt hurt us and the attendance is always solid considering we are playing a school that doesnt have a player who would be on our scout team.

Showed your true colors here. Get your black propaganda off the board. This is a football board

FAMU is orange and green :monkey-serious:

No more FAMU.

Showed your true colors here. Get your black propaganda off the board. This is a football board

Touche ha

Although I wasn't talking FAMU or Miami colors. I was referencing race and black and white as that poster decided to jump to the race argument right off the bat when it wasn't even relevant to the conversation

I think traditionally a fair schedule is to play your conference games, one legit ooc game, and then cupcakes. That's exactly what we have this year with ND on the schedule. There's no reason to put another top 25 ooc game on the schedule.

Advertisement
I think traditionally a fair schedule is to play your conference games, one legit ooc game, and then cupcakes. That's exactly what we have this year with ND on the schedule. There's no reason to put another top 25 ooc game on the schedule.

There is good reason...so we can still get in the playoffs with 1 loss..Should play 2 top 40 teams OOC every year to help out our resume. But we can do that, and still play 2 cupcakes...thats the thing

I think all of FBS needs to adopt the Big 10's policy of not playing FCS schools. There's seven FBS schools in Florida, Miami shouldn't have to put FAMU or BCU on the schedule every year. There's no reason to play FAU and FAMU in the same season. Scheduling App State is also a no-win. Sure, they're competitive but they're still considered a "cupcake" in terms of name value. I understand scheduling conflicts force the whole home and home with ASU but hopefully in the future, they can schedule home and homes with some bigger brand teams. They don't have to schedule a top 25 team but at least try to get another power 5 team.

Last edited:
In 2016, how is it allowed for teams like Miami to play FAMU's of the world? FAMU players are in an incredible risk of injury when playing teams that are much bigger and faster. It really is like a Varsity team playing a JV team. Ridiculous.

There is good reason...so we can still get in the playoffs with 1 loss..Should play 2 top 40 teams OOC every year to help out our resume. But we can do that, and still play 2 cupcakes...thats the thing

I agree but we're already doing what you've outlined. We play ND who is a legit top 10 team and App St who is probably a top 40 team (finished #33 in ap poll last year) and then two cupcakes. Michigan State got into the playoff this year with one loss playing their big 10 schedule plus Oregon (finished #19 ), Air Force (not a top 40 team) and two cupcakes.

Advertisement
No more FAMU.

WTF does that have to do with anything...

No more FAMU.

Showed your true colors here. Get your racial propaganda off the board. This is a football site not a donation website for famu

To assume he is racist or even racially motivated just because he lives in Arizona is the most ignorant and backwards thing I've read on here in a long time, and that's saying something.

Well stated...

every other major program is thinking the same thing. Hard to schedule quality OOC teams when they are also looking to schedule some patty cakes, 1 or 2 quality OOC teams, and play their conference games.

I think we do ok in that regards. Played Nebraska (can't help if they are down too) for a home and home, and have Notre Dame next year, etc. Thought I rememeber us trying to get LSU on the schedule, and we have played Florida but can't help they took us off their schedule.

Advertisement

I agree but we're already doing what you've outlined. We play ND who is a legit top 10 team and App St who is probably a top 40 team (finished #33 in ap poll last year) and then two cupcakes. Michigan State got into the playoff this year with one loss playing their big 10 schedule plus Oregon (finished #19 ), Air Force (not a top 40 team) and two cupcakes.

Yeah, not quite sure why everyone is dismissing App State. They were a top 40 team last year and we are playing them on the road.

The reason we have famu on the schedule is the same reason fsu plays Chattanooga, or jvill st, or uf plays eastern Kentucky, or Idaho every year

Let's magnify miami 's out of conference schedule while the Alabama's and Florida's of the world schedule powerhouses Jacksonville state, Chattanooga, the local community college and middle diagonal north western east bum**** culinary arts for the dyslexic every single god **** year

You just mentioned 2 of the best I-AA teams, including one, in Jax State that has a win over Ole Miss and took Auburn to OT last year. Probably not the best 2 to use.

Advertisement
We've played Ohio state, Florida, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Oklahoma state, Michigan state coming up, notre Dame even before they were acc. We have lsu in a few years

Id say we have a pretty good history of strong ooc schedules compared to most teams

Texas Tech? We haven't played them since 1990. And I can't remember us playing Oklahoma State ever. We have recently played Nebraska and Kansas State who were really solid OOC games. Going back further, we've had home-and-home series with Washington, UCLA, and Arizona State. Wish we would schedule some Pac-12 teams for our OOC games. That would make for a fun trip!

We beat Oklahoma State 40-3 in 1991

No more FAMU.

Yall must live and die for AZ..It was a joke...DUH!

And yes I am PROUD to show my TRUE COLORS. I am a black man. Who went to FAMU. And for someone to state that FAMU should be off the schedule (and singled them out at that) but not mention FAU, Appalachian State, Arkansas State or whatever other low hanging school we schedule is phucked up. I didnt call the man a racist. I just said he was dead a$$ wrong and thats my opinion and im going to defend my alma mater.

No more FAMU.

Touche ha

Although I wasn't talking FAMU or Miami colors. I was referencing race and black and white as that poster decided to jump to the race argument right off the bat when it wasn't even relevant to the conversation

It was a joke but it shows how lame you are if that is the only thing you got out of my post. You from AZ or something? Why is AZ all of a sudden "a state we need to defend come **** or high water!"?...Lol.

No more FAMU.

Yall must live and die for AZ..It was a joke...DUH!

And yes I am PROUD to show my TRUE COLORS. I am a black man. Who went to FAMU. And for someone to state that FAMU should be off the schedule (and singled them out at that) but not mention FAU, Appalachian State, Arkansas State or whatever other low hanging school we schedule is phucked up. I didnt call the man a racist. I just said he was dead a$$ wrong and thats my opinion and im going to defend my alma mater.

Yeah, no **** and now your backpedaling because you were called out about your inferred racial bias.

Advertisement
Back