Why do we offer some lower rated kids while ignoring seemingly better prospects?

Clemson doesnt just load up on Five Stars. They've never even had a Top 5 recruiting class under Dabo. They have perfected their evaluation methods and only take guys they think fit into their system. And say what you want about Bama but they are two epically mind numbing collapses by Georgia from being O-fer in national titles in the last 6-7 years, despite having the #1 overall recruting classes every single year during that time frame.

They have the number one class now. I guesz there evals r trash now and they threw those morals out the window. They always had top classes maybe not in numbers but in rating there 18 class was savage but only had like 11 players.

Advertisement
Isn’t there going to be a recruiting dead period next week in regards to Ortiz? Why they wait all this time if they wanted to truly visit?

Yup. We should focus on 247 and Rivals rankings that are based on evals from guys who likely never played a down of football past HS (if that) rather than evaluations from Manny his staff. I like that strategy.
Out of curiosity, did Manny Diaz play any football past high school?

Advertisement
They have the number one class now. I guesz there evals r trash now and they threw those morals out the window. They always had top classes maybe not in numbers but in rating there 18 class was savage but only had like 11 players.
They do have the #1 class now but they won 2 of the last 3 titles including beating Alabama head to head twice despite not having a top 5 class and an average recruiting ranking of 11 over the previous 4 years. This is where rankings get fuzzy. Do you need to recruit really well to win? Absolutely. Does recruiting ranking have a direct correlation with actual performance? Not really. That's why I don't get too caught up in rankings. Blue chip % and recruiting players that best fit your system are all that actually matter.

They do have the #1 class now but they won 2 of the last 3 titles including beating Alabama head to head twice despite not having a top 5 class and an average recruiting ranking of 11 over the previous 4 years. This is where rankings get fuzzy. Do you need to recruit really well to win? Absolutely. Does recruiting ranking have a direct correlation with actual performance? Not really. That's why I don't get too caught up in rankings. Blue chip % and recruiting players that best fit your system are all that actually matter.
Dog i followed Clemson because there ACC and we have always brought them up here. They always recruited far better then us even before the rise. Over the past 10 years i would prefer there classes over ours. The qb position especially

Dog i followed Clemson because there ACC and we have always brought them up here. They always recruited far better then us even before the rise. Over the past 10 years i would prefer there classes over ours. The qb position especially

Right, but the point is their classes historically ranked lower. But, their blue chip ratio is where it needs to be with system guys. They routinely end up in the teens because they don't sign a ton of players. That's what he's getting at w/r/t rank.

Advertisement
According to 247 composite, a bunch of teams have recruited far better than Clemson over the last few years too.

I've long stopped giving this program the benefit of the doubt. I don't care who is in charge. The list of misevaluations and missed recruits is too long to even fathom.

Our recruiting has been subpar for a long time, across a wide variety of coaches of different backgrounds...and I don't think it'll get much better under Diaz. We've got to win with what we get. Maybe we're on to something with the PORTAL, but I feel the rest of the nation is going to catchup on that and we won't be first in line for the top players moving forward.

We'll see, I guess.

Yup. We should focus on 247 and Rivals rankings that are based on evals from guys who likely never played a down of football past HS (if that) rather than evaluations from Manny his staff. I like that strategy.

Manny never played past HS either .....

Right, but the point is their classes historically ranked lower. But, their blue chip ratio is where it needs to be with system guys. They routinely end up in the teens because they don't sign a ton of players. That's what he's getting at w/r/t rank.
Yea they get there blue chip and thats what matters alot. If u get top heavty at least 4-7 prospect u should be good depending on position and things like that. We cant even do that and they werent even winning they started with bags there rise came through paying kids.

Advertisement
According to 247 composite, a bunch of teams have recruited far better than Clemson over the last few years too.
Yea but there blue chip ratio has been good over those times before they were good. **** Sammy Watkins wouldnt even pick up phone calls from Miami and he grew up loving the U. I mean i wouldnt pick up an Al Golden call either but he was specifically told dont pick up the phone when we call.

No
Out of curiosity, did Manny Diaz play any football past high school?
[/QUOTE
Manny never played past HS either .....
Neither did Lou Holtz. The difference is they started getting experience coaching as grad assistants immediately, were around great programs, and had been in the game for decades when they ended up as HCs at large programs. You are seriously putting guys like Luke Stampini, Josh Newberg, or Andrew Ivins in the same caliber as a guy with Manny’s experience?

No

Neither did Lou Holtz. The difference is they started getting experience coaching as grad assistants immediately, were around great programs, and had been in the game for decades when they ended up as HCs at large programs. You are seriously putting guys like Luke Stampini, Josh Newberg, or Andrew Ivins in the same caliber as a guy with Manny’s experience?
No, I am making the point that the statement of " *** didn't play/do _____ at a high level, how would they know" is stupid.

Let me ask you, I assume you aren't a Michelin star chef, do you know when you taste good food?
I assume you aren't a car mechanic, do you know when something is off with your vehicle?
I assume you aren't a plumber, do you know when your sink is clogged?
I assume you aren't you aren't an award winning actor, think you can recognize good acting?

These are just dudes out there giving their opinions, what is problematic about that for you? It isn't them who extends an offer anyway. The OP has a connection to a player, thinks he is good, and some others seem to agree. It is obviously agenda driven, but who cares, a lot more people than him object to some of the offers and takes under the new regime so far.

Advertisement
No

One major reason is that recruiting sites are trying to give you an overall average portrayal of players based on their viewing.

Each school is evaluating players for a fit for one program only (their own).

The elite kids are obvious, everyone would take them, but once you’re past the top-50 kids or so, you’d be surprised how wide the variance can be.

After that, coaches have to decide where to spend recruiting resources, and if one kid is rated essentially equal to another prospect from an area coaches want to make a focus, they will absolutely spend the resources on the kid from the area that the coaches hope to make a future focus.

Finally, coaches are human too. They make mistakes and allow certain biases to enter their evaluations just like anyone else.

What I can tell you is that no coaches are recruiting one kid over another because they don’t want to create the best team. Coaches have such a short shelf life to prove themselves that they’re taking the best kids for their program, even if it hurts feelings.

One major reason is that recruiting sites are trying to give you an overall average portrayal of players based on their viewing.

Each school is evaluating players for a fit for one program only (their own).

The elite kids are obvious, everyone would take them, but once you’re past the top-50 kids or so, you’d be surprised how wide the variance can be.

After that, coaches have to decide where to spend recruiting resources, and if one kid is rated essentially equal to another prospect from an area coaches want to make a focus, they will absolutely spend the resources on the kid from the area that the coaches hope to make a future focus.

Finally, coaches are human too. They make mistakes and allow certain biases to enter their evaluations just like anyone else.

What I can tell you is that no coaches are recruiting one kid over another because they don’t want to create the best team. Coaches have such a short shelf life to prove themselves that they’re taking the best kids for their program, even if it hurts feelings.

I answered this on page one bro.

Advertisement
Back