Why Do We Have So Many Players Getting Hurt

Football Coach GIF by Pac-12 Network

Advertisement
Athletes adapt to what is put in front of them.

Coaches are stuck in their ways of how intelligently they apply stress to their athletes.

If you have a group of athletes who spent several years adapting to X level of stress, and suddenly you put a group of coaches in front of them who won a Pac12 title training with 2X level of stress each week, guess what happens....

Doubly so if you aren't willing/able to see the writing on the wall in terms of your monitoring and adjustments to that level of stress. It hasn't been done in football (presumably because it will make people look bad) but in soccer you can literally see patterns of injury trends follow coaches from team to team as they get fired and re-hired.

The single most powerful person w/ regard to injury in the organisation is the HFC. That individual can negate any other injury mitigation strategy in the organisation.
Do you teach tap dancing because you’re really good at it

Athletes adapt to what is put in front of them.

Coaches are stuck in their ways of how intelligently they apply stress to their athletes.

If you have a group of athletes who spent several years adapting to X level of stress, and suddenly you put a group of coaches in front of them who won a Pac12 title training with 2X level of stress each week, guess what happens....

Doubly so if you aren't willing/able to see the writing on the wall in terms of your monitoring and adjustments to that level of stress. It hasn't been done in football (presumably because it will make people look bad) but in soccer you can literally see patterns of injury trends follow coaches from team to team as they get fired and re-hired.

The single most powerful person w/ regard to injury in the organisation is the HFC. That individual can negate any other injury mitigation strategy in the organisation.
…so according to you the problem is when these coaches are constantly moving to different programs and switching things up. Lol. Mario Cristobal isn’t going anywhere for like the next decade. And the culture he is instilling isn’t going anywhere either. So by your own point, this isn’t an issue.

Advertisement
…so according to you the problem is when these coaches are constantly moving to different programs and switching things up. Lol. Mario Cristobal isn’t going anywhere for like the next decade. And the culture he is instilling isn’t going anywhere either. So by your own point, this isn’t an issue.
No no no no

His problem is that since there’s no way to quantify what he’s saying in football terms, we should LOOK AT SOCCER

Can’t make this **** up

Rugby Guy considers doing the Haka nude in his backyard as cardio.
Didn’t he also say Feely was superior to Feld? I get his BS confused

If that’s true then how does one sit here and say that this overwhelming stress from a PAC12 S&C program was just tooooo much for our players and that’s why we got hurt?

Can’t have it both ways. Then again someone bringing up soccer probably gets overwhelmed by stress a lot

He has no idea what he’s trying to say

He’s talking about SOCCER man
Team looks good this year, no major injuries, so what do we say now? Here we are a year later, is that enough time to gauge Feld's program? I know there's guys here who know stuff. lol I want to start the argument again so I can read what dudes who know stuff have to say about it.

Team looks good this year, no major injuries, so what do we say now? Here we are a year later, is that enough time to gauge Feld's program? I know there's guys here who know stuff. lol I want to start the argument again so I can read what dudes who know stuff have to say about it.
Injuries within first 3 month of the change = Feld sucks and is causing injuries! This is proof I’m right!

…really no other major injuries since then = *silence*

…another year from now after the first guy tears his ACL = see…told you…

Advertisement
Injuries within first 3 month of the change = Feld sucks and is causing injuries! This is proof I’m right!

…really no other major injuries since then = *silence*

…another year from now after the first guy tears his ACL = see…told you…
What sucks is you can't quantify how many injuries are avoided due to a specific type of regime. I do know I've fallen victim to injury after starting a new regime and even getting back into an old one. I'm wondering if @Rugby_guy still thinks injuries are Felds fault or what.

Feld is an overpaid lapdog for the HFC that's what. If he wasn't, Eric Renaghan and Bryan Mann wouldn't been brought in to babysit.

Mann has gone, and they clearly don't want to listen to Renaghan, so the injuries will remain.

At least you're winning.

You just throw **** out without any kind of data to back it up. “…the injuries will remain“.

This insults the intelligence of anyone reading it. Show some proof, some data, something, anything. Otherwise, you’re just another Internet blowhard making baseless claims.

Advertisement
It's a year that ends in an Arabic numeral so we have to have this thread.

Advertisement
Back