Why do some fans have a problem with Duke?

Nebraska wasn't a big game either. Two unranked programs at that time living in the past playing on espn2. While everybody else was watching fsu & clemson on abc.

Anyway he fumbled vs nebraska from trying too hard to make a play. He broke off a nice run and he got stood up and instead of going down they came from behind and knocked it out.

If the guy had help he wouldn't have to try and do everything every game.

Yall keep talking about fsu but there was under a minute left and kaaya was going to have to throw it.

Why is it all on duke? Why couldn't yearby step up? Dalvin cook did it for fsu. Why didn't the recievers get open?

classic excuse maker.. Nebraska was a big game.. Don't down play it, it was.

Advertisement
Cut this Sh*t Out.

Duke's signature moment at UM is Fumbling.

A signature moment was there for the taking against Florida State last year. However, Duke was on the sidelines during the final drive. I am glad he is gone. Hopefully, Folden is right behind him this year.

Duke is a really good running back. He's just not a clutch player. I can't remember any big game that he won late for us. He fumbled late against Nebraska, was cramping on the sideline late against FSU and fumbled late in the bowl game against SC. He also had trouble staying on the field his first couple of years due to injuries.

Those are just facts.

Having said that, I still like Duke a lot even though Golden wasted a lot of his talent. I think he'll have a solid NFL career if he can stay healthy and I wish him the best.

Advertisement
Duke is a really good running back. He's just not a clutch player. I can't remember any big game that he won late for us. He fumbled late against Nebraska, was cramping on the sideline late against FSU and fumbled late in the bowl game against SC. He also had trouble staying on the field his first couple of years due to injuries.

Those are just facts.

Having said that, I still like Duke a lot even though Golden wasted a lot of his talent. I think he'll have a solid NFL career if he can stay healthy and I wish him the best.

You can't argue with this, bottom line.

Advertisement
Duke Johnson had 636 touches as a cane and 7 fumbles. 7. Y'all serious with this "tiki barber" bull****?

It seems like a lot more because when one guy is single handidly carrying the team on his back, every mistake he makes is devastating.

Duke is not a fumbler though, that's just folly.

hes a good player and his type of skill set will thrive in the NFL, my only knock on him is that he never really shown up for the big game, he destroys those lesser teams but when we play the FSUs, NEBs, etc he doesnt show up, but hes a cane and he will always have my support at the next level

hes a good player and his type of skill set will thrive in the NFL, my only knock on him is that he never really shown up for the big game, he destroys those lesser teams but when we play the FSUs, NEBs, etc he doesnt show up, but hes a cane and he will always have my support at the next level

Vs FSU and Nebraska combined in his career he had 77 carries for 347 yards and 2 TDs rushing and 12 receptions for 140 yards receiving.

Anyone else want to step up with some accusations that don't match the actual stats?

Advertisement

Vs FSU and Nebraska combined in his career he had 77 carries for 347 yards and 2 TDs rushing and 12 receptions for 140 yards receiving.

Anyone else want to step up with some accusations that don't match the actual stats?

thats under 100 yards rushing a game in four games and only 2 TDs, like i said he killed those lesser teams, played good against sub par teams, i do see him doing good things in the NFL though

Anyone who has a problem with Duke (he proved to be more durable this year), man....I'll hate to hear what they have to say as this next year progresses. We don't have a back that's half as good as him at the same point in their career right now unless Walton kills it.

Anyone who has a problem with Duke (he proved to be more durable this year), man....I'll hate to hear what they have to say as this next year progresses. We don't have a back that's half as good as him at the same point in their career right now unless Walton kills it.

dont sleep on yearby a lot here arent giving him some love that kid can ball

Advertisement
There's a few numnuts out there criticizing the man that's been carrying the team on his back. IF he's guilty of anything, that might be just trying too hard.

The same CAN NOT be said for the corching staph that abused and misused his talents, as they did the same to the rest of the team.

The fault for losses ultimately lies at the feet of Alfred Grolden. He often deftly says, "It's all on me", and it surely is.

Duke was a soldier for the Former U, and I am deeply appreciative for his efforts. Too bad we can't say the same for everyone associated with the team.

thats under 100 yards rushing a game in four games and only 2 TDs, like i said he killed those lesser teams, played good against sub par teams, i do see him doing good things in the NFL though

89 touches for 487 yards in 4 games.

Freshman year he had 9 carries. Sophomore year he shattered an ankle at 97 yards, and the game completely fell apart afterward.

Junior year, healthy and available, vs Nebraska and FSU he had 54 touches for 344 yards.

So your entire argument is based in bits and pieces. It's easy to ignore reality and assign blame.

According to the Goldie-bots he was the reason for most of our losses the last couple years. If it weren't for him, Golden would be loved.

All of the great backs here all fumbled before...and some more than once in big games. I will not count the gary fumble vs nd....**** that ****.....but portis fumbled like 3-4 times vs vt in 99 and still had over 100 yards....one reason he isnt getting as much **** as duke is because he ended up on the greatest team that college football has ever seen and he basically made up for that game with the way the rest of his career went. So may not remember but gore had one of the worst fumbles that almost ****ed our greatest season up at boston college (still ****ed that coker put a freshman in that situation, but he still fumbled)...and once again he didn't get as much flack as duke because of the rest of his career. Like someone said earlier.....duke has been our best player at one of the darkest times in UM history. Has he has unforgettable games against our top rivals....yes(vt his freshman and jr yr) and has willed us to wins vs some of other top rivals....maybe not. Duke is one of the top 5 rbs ever in um. I will say yes he had some ******* bad fumbles here, but ****....he was basically our only source of offense in some of those games. Imagine if he had him in 05 instead of ******* charlie jones after moss got hurt....or in 03 after gore got hurt and not have to go to Jarrett payton (Berlin would have not had the worst qb season for us ever and we would have been in bcs championship with that defense he had.

Advertisement
Back