Why do some fans have a problem with Duke?

252cane

All-ACC
I have been seeing disrespectful ****ers on here and itu saying he fumbles alot, he doesn't show up in big games.

Both are bull****.

Duke fumbles- 2012 1fumb, 2013 3fumb, 2014 3fumb.

Now lets look at other top backs fumbles.

Abdullah-2011 6fumb, 2012 8fumb, 2013 5fumb, 2014 4fumb.

Gordon-2012 1fumb, 2013 4fumb, 2014 7fumb.

Gurley has only 3 and duke has less than 2 other top backs.

Now he doesn't show up in big games? His stats vs teams that won 9 games or more in 2014.

UL-20car 90yds, 1rec 10yds

GT-14car 100yds 1td, 3rec 52yds

Fsu-27car 130yds 1td, 4rec 40yds

Neb-18car 93yds 1td, 5rec 84yds

Cincy-10car 162yds 1td, 4rec 16yds

Duke-25car 155yds 1td, 2rec 10yds

Bowl game-24car 132yds, 5rec 51yds

So what's the ****** problem? That guy was running against 9 man boxes everygame.

Mcgahee, gore, portis etc didn't have to do that because they had shockey & winslow at te, and a hof wrs andre johnson & reggie wayne, and santanna was a beast.

Yall will miss him this year i guaranteed it.

Advertisement
I don't have a problem with Duke. I have a problem with the W-L record of those games u pointed out.

I have been seeing disrespectful ****ers on here and itu saying he fumbles alot, he doesn't show up in big games.

Both are bull****.

Duke fumbles- 2012 1fumb, 2013 3fumb, 2014 3fumb.

Now lets look at other top backs fumbles.

Abdullah-2011 6fumb, 2012 8fumb, 2013 5fumb, 2014 4fumb.

Gordon-2012 1fumb, 2013 4fumb, 2014 7fumb.

Gurley has only 3 and duke has less than 2 other top backs.

Now he doesn't show up in big games? His stats vs teams that won 9 games or more in 2014.

UL-20car 90yds, 1rec 10yds

GT-14car 100yds 1td, 3rec 52yds

Fsu-27car 130yds 1td, 4rec 40yds

Neb-18car 93yds 1td, 5rec 84yds

Cincy-10car 162yds 1td, 4rec 16yds

Duke-25car 155yds 1td, 2rec 10yds

Bowl game-24car 132yds, 5rec 51yds

So what's the ****in problem? That guy was running against 9 man boxes everygame.

Mcgahee, gore, portis etc didn't have to do that because they had shockey & winslow at te, and a hof wrs andre johnson & reggie wayne, and santanna was a beast.

Yall will miss him this year i guaranteed it.

Duke deserves 100% Cane fan support. Only Grolden's SLURPERS, looking to provide Grolden with excuses, toss players like Duke, under the bus.

Advertisement
I don't think many people really dislike Duke. It's just another way to **** with low-IQ, easy marks on here.

I could probably start a thread saying that great Sean Taylor was the worst safety in UM history and it would turn into a 50 page thread.

I have a problem with the corch with fat **** and goofy tie . Nothing but love for the duke

Love Duke, while he wasnt a fumbler he did have some fumbles at really inopportune times. Nebraska comes to mind.

Advertisement
I like Duke and all, but you are simply wrong, OP.

1) Of the top ten running backs in the country this year, duke is the most prolific fumbler from a carry/fumble standpoint over the course of his career. People can defend the volume of fumbles all they want, but it is merely a product of duke being injury prone and missing so many reps throughout his career. Duke has fumble problems. This is a fact.

2) We only played two big games this year. Nebraska and FSU. Guess what my memory of those games is going to be? Duke losing a game changing fumble against Nebraska, Duke being on the sideline late in the game vs. FSU. He did not make big time plays, in big time games.

He sacrificed himself during what may turn out to be the darkest period of being a cane fan since color TV. For that I am greatful and am glad to have watched him. But lets not make him something he is not. I can acknowledge these things and not have a problem with Duke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nebraska wasn't a big game either. Two unranked programs at that time living in the past playing on espn2. While everybody else was watching fsu & clemson on abc.

Anyway he fumbled vs nebraska from trying too hard to make a play. He broke off a nice run and he got stood up and instead of going down they came from behind and knocked it out.

If the guy had help he wouldn't have to try and do everything every game.

Yall keep talking about fsu but there was under a minute left and kaaya was going to have to throw it.

Why is it all on duke? Why couldn't yearby step up? Dalvin cook did it for fsu. Why didn't the recievers get open?

Advertisement
We'd have a lot more losses the last 3 seasons if it weren't for Duke. He singlehandedly won us some games

Dang, since it is BB season, I thought this was Drew Rosenhaus posting to fans of one of his alma mater's to go easy on his other alma mater.

Advertisement
If anyone thinks that one fumble in a game that doesnt occur in the final drive of an offense cost their team a game, im sorry you just dont get it.

Love Duke, while he wasnt a fumbler he did have some fumbles at really inopportune times. Nebraska comes to mind.

This is my exact sentiment.. I love the guy.. sh*t he's a decent follower on instagram, but he had some questionable fumbles at costly times.

Duke was a 3 year stud for us. Yes, his fumbling problems increased over the years but the real issue is the inconsistency of his offensive lines play under Kehoe. The fact that he was still able to produce with them sometimes looking like the 01 OL and the next week looking like the 07 OL is what is the most impressive about Duke as an RB. He will be greatly missed. Am convinced that Al brainwashed him as his comments after losses were Goldenized and he never came across of having that edge or chip on his shoulder attitude wise as our previous greats.

Advertisement
Back