Why do our fans love to blame the coaches?

Because it's football. It's mostly coaching. You can look up and down college football and tell how a team is going to perform the next 5 years just from looking at who their coach is.
So all the open guys Rosier missed today was coaching?

Yes don’t you know? These people talk out of both sides of their mouth. It was coaching that the players were open and it was coaching the QB couldn’t execute.

Advertisement
Talking with many of the fans, seems like we always give a pass to the players and blame our coach. I guess we gas up the plane already? Just from my observation:
Rosier still has only one read and cant make any accurate throws.
Oline is borderline horrible. St. Lois is lost. Darling is soooo slow.
Rb had no chance and the wrs have grown sick of rosier.
Michael Jackson was abused all day. Not aggressive with screens, couldn't handle post routes.
Norton made a deal with the Oline that if they just engage, he would make it look like he was trying.
shaq was off all day with angles and soft
Pinky the brain was terrible, especially on the game sealing Touchdown.
Malik young looked like he wanted an early flight home.
Oh yeah, 1 person showed up, RJ!!! And hes just building his NFL resume.

But But But, its all coach Richts fault

The coaches are paid professionals. They get paid up to 7 figures to get a job done.

The kids are 18-22 year old amateurs who are still learning the game.

Pretty simple actually.

Mark Richt today showed why he's never been, and why he likely will never be, a champion. He just doesn't have that dog in him. To put the kids in a position to fail by inserting Even fcuking Shirreffs into the game, a guy who's taken all of probably 5 snaps this season, in that situation where you just had a great defensive stand and have good field position, only to predictably go 3 and out and kill all momentum, shows me everything I need to know. Maybe the success has overwhelmed him or maybe he's just too nice of a guy. Great recruiter and face of the program but I just don't see him ever taking us to the promised land.

I mean you guys are honestly pathetic. This team was not supposed to be that good this year. Rosier missed wide open receiver after wide open receiver. You saw what our backup looked like. ****.

Once Richt has his QB in charge then we can get after him. We have the best recruiting class in 15 years coming in. It was a bad call to take out Rosier, but Rosier was passing the worst he's passed all year. Their defense wasn't menacing. They left guys wide open all over. This is on Rosier.

“Once he gets his players” is the ultimate sign of a fan who is coming to the aid of a corch.

Once our 10-1, ACC Coastal Champion, ACC Championship Game playing, HC gets his players....

Because it's football. It's mostly coaching. You can look up and down college football and tell how a team is going to perform the next 5 years just from looking at who their coach is.

I get that, but the mans asking why people blame coaches in football. Come on
Agreed.

that wasn’t really meant to be confrontational.

Ive bashed Richt a lot this year for playcalling, but he put us in enough spots to win today. We just didn’t execute. But you’re right, ultimately it’s coaching especially in college

Assistant coach : "Coach Richt , Rosier is missing on everything today. We need to get something going. What's the play call on 1st and 10?“
RICHT: F#ck it. Go deep."
"Again? For the fourth straight series?"
"Yes. Tell Malik to air it out again. We'll keep calling it until he hits one. "

Advertisement
Talking with many of the fans, seems like we always give a pass to the players and blame our coach. I guess we gas up the plane already? Just from my observation:
Michael Jackson was abused all day. Not aggressive with screens, couldn't handle post routes.
Norton made a deal with the Oline that if they just engage, he would make it look like he was trying.

The coaches are paid professionals. They get paid up to 7 figures to get a job done.

Pretty simple actually.

Mark Richt today showed why he's never been, and why he likely will never be, a champion. He just doesn't have that dog in him. To put the kids in a position to fail by inserting Even fcuking Shirreffs into the game, a guy who's taken all of probably 5 snaps this season, in that situation where you just had a great defensive stand and have good field position, only to predictably go 3 and out and kill all momentum, shows me everything I need to know. Maybe the success has overwhelmed him or maybe he's just too nice of a guy. Great recruiter and face of the program but I just don't see him ever taking us to the promised land.

I mean you guys are honestly pathetic. This team was not supposed to be that good this year. Rosier missed wide open receiver after wide open receiver. You saw what our backup looked like. ****.

Once Richt has his QB in charge then we can get after him. We have the best recruiting class in 15 years coming in. It was a bad call to take out Rosier, but Rosier was passing the worst he's passed all year. Their defense wasn't menacing. They left guys wide open all over. This is on Rosier.

“Once he gets his players” is the ultimate sign of a fan who is coming to the aid of a corch.

Alright dude. As has been discussed on the recruiting board, you need more 4 and 5 star players than 3 stars to win a championship. We are in the mid 30% range right now. Next year we'll be around 45%. Rosier is not good. If we had a good QB we win this game. That's it.

And to be calling him a corch is beyond me right now. We went 10-1 with an *** quarterback, Walton out, and AR injured all year.
Which team won the “star” race in previous recruiting cycles, Miami or Pitt?
Which team was playing with the freshman QB, Miami or Pitt?
Which team was undefeated and which had only won 4 games, Miami or Pitt?

Miami shouldn’t need to have all 5*s to beat Pitt, especially when they’re having their worst season.

Not quitting on Richt, I’m just not giving him a pass.

Pretty simple actually.

Alright dude. As has been discussed on the recruiting board, you need more 4 and 5 star players than 3 stars to win a championship. We are in the mid 30% range right now. Next year we'll be around 45%. Rosier is not good. If we had a good QB we win this game. That's it.

And to be calling him a corch is beyond me right now. We went 10-1 with an *** quarterback, Walton out, and AR injured all year.
Which team won the “star” race in previous recruiting cycles, Miami or Pitt?
Which team was playing with the freshman QB, Miami or Pitt?
Which team was undefeated and which had only won 4 games, Miami or Pitt?

Miami shouldn’t need to have all 5*s to beat Pitt, especially when they’re having their worst season.

Not quitting on Richt, I’m just not giving him a pass.

Good point, but you're not going to have your best game every week no matter what players you get. The better recruits you get, the higher your low will be.

Pretty simple actually.

Once our 10-1, ACC Coastal Champion, ACC Championship Game playing, HC gets his players....

? Yes. Have you not watched this season? We're barely scraping by most of our opponents. We play our worst game of the year and that means we lose. I don't know what point you're trying to make.

You're one of those guys who said Chad underachieved because he loves music aren't you? Seriously, did you watch the game? Did you see anything that would lead you to believe that Rosier was going to do better on that possession that what's-his-name? Nothing happened in that series that hadn't been happening all game. Richt saw that his QB wasn't getting his sht together and figured his last chance to wake him up was sit him for a series. Obviously he didn't know how much clock Pitt was going to be able to eat up.

Everybody could have done better today, but Rosier takes 65% and the OL takes 25% of the blame. The other 10% can be on the coaches if you want, but I didn't see much fire out of that DL so I'd look there first.

Could care less what Chad does with his music and yes I did watch the entire game. Isn't this what has happened the entire season save for Notre Dame? Why change anything now? Yes, he couldn't hit the broad side of the barn for most of the day but was the best solution really to put Evan Sherriffs into the game? A guy who had literally zero chance to succeed? I'm not upset that he benched Rosier because he probably deserved it. But why do it then when the game was on the line? Why not do it coming out of the locker room to send a message? In my view this was coach Richt throwing up the white flag and telling the kids they had no chance to win. I'm sure you won't agree with my opinion and that's what this forum is for.

Advertisement

I think he is talking big picture here. Not a game or two. If you want to say coaches don't ultimately bear responsibility then you have to give Coker, Shannon and AG the same treatment.

Pretty simple actually.

? Yes. Have you not watched this season? We're barely scraping by most of our opponents. We play our worst game of the year and that means we lose. I don't know what point you're trying to make.

That you're calling a hugely successful coach a corch. One who is finding ways to win with Malik ******* Rosier at QB and a whole Oline of Golden Specials. It's only going to get better from here.

That you're calling a hugely successful coach a corch. One who is finding ways to win with Malik ******* Rosier at QB and a whole Oline of Golden Specials. It's only going to get better from here.

Lol you're responding to the wrong guy here. I'm on your side. I thought your previous comment was mocking me for saying we will get better once we get better players..

Advertisement

I think he is talking big picture here. Not a game or two. If you want to say coaches don't ultimately bear responsibility then you have to give Coker, Shannon and AG the same treatment.
No i agree, but same time body of work for perspective.

One really bad bad game versus years of **** ups.

I can blame Rosier for being off, but I definitely blame the adults in the game for not making any adjustments.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back