Why do our fans love to blame the coaches?

walker_0019

Recruit
Talking with many of the fans, seems like we always give a pass to the players and blame our coach. I guess we gas up the plane already? Just from my observation:
Rosier still has only one read and cant make any accurate throws.
Oline is borderline horrible. St. Lois is lost. Darling is soooo slow.
Rb had no chance and the wrs have grown sick of rosier.
Michael Jackson was abused all day. Not aggressive with screens, couldn't handle post routes.
Norton made a deal with the Oline that if they just engage, he would make it look like he was trying.
shaq was off all day with angles and soft
Pinky the brain was terrible, especially on the game sealing Touchdown.
Malik young looked like he wanted an early flight home.
Oh yeah, 1 person showed up, RJ!!! And hes just building his NFL resume.

But But But, its all coach Richts fault

Advertisement
Talking with many of the fans, seems like we always give a pass to the players and blame our coach. I guess we gas up the plane already? Just from my observation:
Michael Jackson was abused all day. Not aggressive with screens, couldn't handle post routes.
Norton made a deal with the Oline that if they just engage, he would make it look like he was trying.

The coaches are paid professionals. They get paid up to 7 figures to get a job done.

The kids are 18-22 year old amateurs who are still learning the game.

Pretty simple actually.

Mark Richt today showed why he's never been, and why he likely will never be, a champion. He just doesn't have that dog in him. To put the kids in a position to fail by inserting Even fcuking Shirreffs into the game, a guy who's taken all of probably 5 snaps this season, in that situation where you just had a great defensive stand and have good field position, only to predictably go 3 and out and kill all momentum, shows me everything I need to know. Maybe the success has overwhelmed him or maybe he's just too nice of a guy. Great recruiter and face of the program but I just don't see him ever taking us to the promised land.

He’s a lightning rod for the team! Every Coach or leader knows this and happily takes it.

Advertisement
Because the typical Miami fan apparently thinks that coaches can not only prepare the gameplan, they can also execute the plays on gameday. This wasn't a failure of the gameplan, like UGA against Auburn. This was simply a failure to execute said gameplan, which would have worked. Pitt loaded the box, they dared Miami to win on the outside, and Rosier couldn't hit any of those big plays. Miami hits on a couple of those one on one balls, this is a totally different game. Miami had to create some explosive plays, and get the Panthers to play honest ball, but Rosier couldn't. This is what happens when you have an athlete PRETENDING to play QB. A competent passer has a field day against this Pitt D, so many guys were running free, it was almost comical.

Then again, this is the same fanbase that apparently refuses to admit that this team has exceeded all expectations. This team is without Walton, doesn't have an experienced QB on the roster worth a ****, but is still a win over Clemson from being in the College Football Playoff. Let that marinate. Miami could possibly be 11-1 going into the bowls. This team, which a lot of us was saying was a year or so away could conceivably be in the national title hunt with a win next weekend.

The coaches are paid professionals. They get paid up to 7 figures to get a job done.

Pretty simple actually.

Mark Richt today showed why he's never been, and why he likely will never be, a champion. He just doesn't have that dog in him. To put the kids in a position to fail by inserting Even fcuking Shirreffs into the game, a guy who's taken all of probably 5 snaps this season, in that situation where you just had a great defensive stand and have good field position, only to predictably go 3 and out and kill all momentum, shows me everything I need to know. Maybe the success has overwhelmed him or maybe he's just too nice of a guy. Great recruiter and face of the program but I just don't see him ever taking us to the promised land.

I mean you guys are honestly pathetic. This team was not supposed to be that good this year. Rosier missed wide open receiver after wide open receiver. You saw what our backup looked like. ****.

Once Richt has his QB in charge then we can get after him. We have the best recruiting class in 15 years coming in. It was a bad call to take out Rosier, but Rosier was passing the worst he's passed all year. Their defense wasn't menacing. They left guys wide open all over. This is on Rosier.

Because it's football. It's mostly coaching. You can look up and down college football and tell how a team is going to perform the next 5 years just from looking at who their coach is.

Advertisement

Pretty simple actually.

I mean you guys are honestly pathetic. This team was not supposed to be that good this year. Rosier missed wide open receiver after wide open receiver. You saw what our backup looked like. ****.

Once Richt has his QB in charge then we can get after him. We have the best recruiting class in 15 years coming in. It was a bad call to take out Rosier, but Rosier was passing the worst he's passed all year. Their defense wasn't menacing. They left guys wide open all over. This is on Rosier.

“Once he gets his players” is the ultimate sign of a fan who is coming to the aid of a corch.

Pretty simple actually.

Call me pathetic if you want but pulling Rosier in that situation is high school level BS. Just cannot do that with the guy that brought you here all year.

Knee-jerk reaction and small-mindedness.

Everything any fan wants to pin on the coaches today—same could be said for FSU, GT, Cuse, UNC or UVA. Difference is the Canes won those, so any miscues get swept under the rug and everyone rolls on. When you lose, everything goes under a microscope.

Rosier hits 2-3 of those big passes he choked on—Canes win by the same score they lost; 24-14. He missed, so everything gets scrutinized.

****, the defense—great as they played—gets a stop here or there, Bandy pulls down the pick, et al ... Miami is back in business.

Every game is made up of crucial moments. Canes gave away a lot in games they won and it didn't cost them. Today it caught up with them. Welcome to football.

Anyone trying to pin it on "coaching" is a mental midget. Sorry. No other way to describe it. Today's loss was a lack of execution in pivotal moments. Nothing more, nothing less.

Any halfway decent coach can get his team to play hard in rivalry games. The reason I'm being more critical of Richt is that sometimes a certain player isn't "on." It happens. Tough when it's the qb, but when the rest of the team is fired up and playing hard, that can be overcome (and often gets the qb back into it). Today the entire team was flat in all phases of the game. Total lack of concentration. Defense forced on turnover, the rest were mistakes. Also had a game changing opportunity for a pick 6, went through the DBs hands for a completion. When 100% of the team has no juice, that's more than a QB problem. And the HC makes 4. 5 million a year to make sure his teams find a way to win against vastly inferior talent.

Advertisement
Call me pathetic if you want but pulling Rosier in that situation is high school level BS. Just cannot do that with the guy that brought you here all year.

... Rosier threw a touchdown the next drive after being benched and looked more comfortable than he had all game.

Canes' D gets a stop on 4th-and-5 instead of letting some slapdick freshman QB run for the score—Miami is down 17-14 with a game-winning opp on the line.

ZERO issue with Rosier getting pulled on that drive. None. He was missing throws a good QB makes in their sleep and his incompetence caught up with the Canes today. Welcome to big time football.

You're one of those guys who said Chad underachieved because he loves music aren't you? Seriously, did you watch the game? Did you see anything that would lead you to believe that Rosier was going to do better on that possession that what's-his-name? Nothing happened in that series that hadn't been happening all game. Richt saw that his QB wasn't getting his sht together and figured his last chance to wake him up was sit him for a series. Obviously he didn't know how much clock Pitt was going to be able to eat up.

Everybody could have done better today, but Rosier takes 65% and the OL takes 25% of the blame. The other 10% can be on the coaches if you want, but I didn't see much fire out of that DL so I'd look there first.

Advertisement
All you said is true, but the reality is the defense held them to 17 points most of the game. The offense is really responsible for the lost.

-Rozier couldn't hit water if he was standing on the beach.

-OL couldn't push a stalled VW and created no running lanes.

-Missed on 3 potential TD's. One to Jeff and 2 to Ahmon. Plus several 1st down opportunities.

-OL couldn't pick up the blitz.

Summary: Defense though they didn't get pressure did enough to win the game had the offense not stunk it up today.

Because it's football. It's mostly coaching. You can look up and down college football and tell how a team is going to perform the next 5 years just from looking at who their coach is.
So all the open guys Rosier missed today was coaching?

Pretty simple actually.

“Once he gets his players” is the ultimate sign of a fan who is coming to the aid of a corch.

Alright dude. As has been discussed on the recruiting board, you need more 4 and 5 star players than 3 stars to win a championship. We are in the mid 30% range right now. Next year we'll be around 45%. Rosier is not good. If we had a good QB we win this game. That's it.

And to be calling him a corch is beyond me right now. We went 10-1 with an *** quarterback, Walton out, and AR injured all year.

10-1 second year. Limited personnel. What an idiot

Advertisement
Back