Why Dan Mullen should not be coach

Mullen has more eight win seasons than Jimmy Johnson did prior to hire. Jimmy had losing seasons half of his career before Miami. Maybe there's more to it than season records.

Advertisement
Richt > Mullen > Schiano > Butch

You idiots fail to consider that he had succes at Miss St. Recruiting at Miss St. Vs. recruiting at Miami? Are y'all really that dumb?

If you could be a top 5 team in the nation at Miss St, you can win multiple championships at Miami. God I hate y'all. The UM fan base is a cancer that this administration will never get rid of. Butch needs to stay in his retirement. His hiring would be the last nail in the coffin

None of this matters, anyway, it's out there that not only does the committee think he's too "brash," they also feel his buyout is too steep.

So much for "money ain't a thang!" Guess that's why our top targets are unemployed.

yeah because we'd spend 4 million on that bum who has only beaten three winning teams this year : Louisiana Tech, Southern Mississippi, and 7-5 arkansas

some of yall are so ****ing dumb lol you think miami deserves urban or saban or some ****

or no da gawd butch davis my bad

and no mullen has not gotten worse im pretty sure this year and last yr are 2 of his best

plus miss st is basically kentucky or vandy level in the sec

Please stop with that broken english. I posted the schedule and facts up top. YES HE HAS GOTTEN WORSE. Learn to read

NO HE HASN'T

you know who he's beaten this year with a winning record?

Louisiana tech, southern Mississippi and 7-5 arkansas

oh and the arkansas win was 51-50 with a blocked kick to save the game otherwise their two wins would be southern miss and LA tech

i'm not talking opinions here. It's in the record

We have seen what Mullen can do with Florida talent in the past. At least offensively.
Not quite sure what he would do to the defense but I am not going to write him off as a possibility due to that.

Advertisement
last year will probably be the best season and best team miss state has in our life time

My point was against ranked teams, not his overall winning record. The majority of his wins have come against low echelon teams in my opinion

I know his recruiting has gotten better, I wasn't knocking that. it's jsut his fans biggest excuse was that his teams were worse than the competition but in year 7 that falls on him

Oh so how did his winning percentage improve? He is winning games that MSU traditionally lost. Why? Because the program was a cesspool. Look at the prior XXXX years. He is improving their stature (as can be seen above) and getting better talent...and the results are he is winning more games.

What ***ing fans? We're saying of a select group he would be worth the risk. Do you realize no one is beating their chest saying Mullen is the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] guy on their board?

Again this knock on him for taking 7 years is weird. What do you expect after 7 years at MSU? They're not going to get an elite name and become tops of the SEC. They have to make do with what they can get. Why? This is MSU. They're not grabbing Meyer, Saban, Harbaugh etc. So in 7 years, MSU is winning more games both in conference and out of conference. That is improvement at MSU. He is getting them to bowls consistently and that is improvement at MSU. He is improving recruiting and getting more talent which is also improvement at MSU. If he wins 9 games this year. it will be the first time MSU has won at least 9 games back to back since...I don't know but it is easily more than 25 years. This is improvement.

So you either think he can do better at a different program with better talent or he won't.

two years before he was hired they won 8 games. he's only bested that twice since being there

like I said in other posts within the last week, some posters were saying that he was overmatched. I was just clearly stating that it wasn't an excuse

yes I know miss state is not the elite of college football but he has shown virtually little to no improvement since being there and thats what matters

also you're right nobody is beating their chest saying mullen is #1 . but nobody is saying that about schiano, cristobal, butch, etc. and we have dozens of threads on those guys right?

Sylvester Croom went 21-38 (10-30). They were awful. Everything about them was awful. They had no program and were bottom dwellers of the SEC. Finally they started to have some success (consistent winning seasons for the first time since 2001) and people think this is the new norm for MSU. Interesting.

You can think

some of yall are so ****ing dumb lol you think miami deserves urban or saban or some ****

and no mullen has not gotten worse im pretty sure this year and last yr are 2 of his best

Please stop with that broken english. I posted the schedule and facts up top. YES HE HAS GOTTEN WORSE. Learn to read

NO HE HASN'T

oh and the arkansas win was 51-50 with a blocked kick to save the game otherwise their two wins would be southern miss and LA tech

YOU'RE ALREADY WRONG. I POSTED HIS STATS OVER THE LAST 7 YEARS.

Here is his record over the first 4 years: 29-22 (13-19)
Here is his record over the last 3 years: 25-13 (13-11) [Keep in mind this year isn't finished]

You're either illiterate or a potato at this point.

Last edited:

NO HE HASN'T

YOU'RE ALREADY ARE WRONG. I POSTED HIS STATS OVER THE LAST 7 YEARS.

Here is his record over the last 3 years: 25-13 (13-11) [Keep in mind this year isn't finished]

9 less losses id day thats pretty obvious improvement

Advertisement

NO HE HASN'T

YOU'RE ALREADY ARE WRONG. I POSTED HIS STATS OVER THE LAST 7 YEARS.

I'm already are wrong?..... and i'm the potato.. hmm

Doesn't matter his record.

READ THE ORIGINAL POST
My post was only regarding his record against ranked teams. I don't care that he beat south Alabama four times

I will concede though that he hasn't gotten worse... Only because he could never get any worse against ranked teams and has always been terrible

and you're quoting a post where I just said that ONLY 3 OF HIS WINS are against teams win a winning record!!

and not to mention those teams are LA Tech, Southern Miss, and Arkansas who is terrible. What point are you making, just that his record got better?

Al Golden's record got better too, how did that work out?

NO HE HASN'T

You're all about facts, but you're injecting a single play from a full game against Arkansas to make that win appear to not really count. By the way, Arkansas is a far superior program with much richer history than MSU.

NO HE HASN'T

You're all about facts, but you're injecting a single play from a full game against Arkansas to make that win appear to not really count. By the way, Arkansas is a far superior program with much richer history than MSU.

I'll admit to that. I'm a little bias so I apologize. It is what it is, he won the game. Congrats to Dan Mullen. He deserves the HC gig at Miami and 4 mil because he beat a 7-5 team FAIR AND SQUARE

oh and I don't want to forget about his coaching conquests against LA Tech and Southern Miss. I can't leave those out

READ THE ORIGINAL POST
My post was only regarding his record against ranked teams. I don't care that he beat south Alabama four times

I will concede though that he hasn't gotten worse... Only because he could never get any worse against ranked teams and has always been terrible

and you're quoting a post where I just said that ONLY 3 OF HIS WINS are against teams win a winning record!!

and not to mention those teams are LA Tech, Southern Miss, and Arkansas who is terrible. What point are you making, just that his record got better?

If his actual record doesn't matter then I don't know what to say because facts to you are irrelevant.

Al Golden regressed after 2013 BTW, not sure how it got better.

Advertisement

READ THE ORIGINAL POST

If his actual record doesn't matter then I don't know what to say because facts to you are irrelevant.

we're a major university so yeah, winning against teams with a winning record is important.

and with that logic Mullen regressed after last year, so should he be fired too?

READ THE ORIGINAL POST

we're a major university so yeah, winning against teams with a winning record is important.

and with that logic Mullen regressed after last year, so should he be fired too?

No because MSU was a cesspool and we have gone through this 1000 times.

READ THE ORIGINAL POST

So was miami with shannon #justsayin

Dan mullen=Al golden in coaching ability.

Advertisement

READ THE ORIGINAL POST

Yes its a cesspool and he has proven he can be average there, we all agree
this could mean he could do better somewhere else, yes, does it mean he will no

This isn't the guy to bring Miami back
He isn't a guarantee or even close to it

READ THE ORIGINAL POST

Who said anything about a guarantee?

Who said anything about a guarantee?

We cant make another bad hire
cant hire another unproven coach right

cant hire a guy that wont bring in a great staff

why are we talking about this average 5th place guy, he needs to stay at miss st and be a lifer or try UVA
I would say another sec school, a step up, but they appear to not want him

Advertisement
Back