Why Dan Mullen should not be coach

any defense for mullen or against the FACTS that are stated in the OP? or just want to state dumb insults?

This.

I've already written a lengthy post on how amazing Mullen's accomplishments at Mississippi State have been relative to the program's history and its position within its conference.

I have no desire to engage with common street peasants on the subject any longer when they fail to account for circumstances, so instead I'll continue chucking tomatoes at you and laughing.

It is comical.

Whats comical is he hasn't accomplished anything and you want him to coach at Miami.
Again average nothing more

Who should the coach be?

Advertisement

I've already written a lengthy post on how amazing Mullen's accomplishments at Mississippi State have been relative to the program's history and its position within its conference.

I have no desire to engage with common street peasants on the subject any longer when they fail to account for circumstances, so instead I'll continue chucking tomatoes at you and laughing.

It is comical.

Whats comical is he hasn't accomplished anything and you want him to coach at Miami.

Who should the coach be?

Butch Davis and Mark Richt are both more qualified

It is comical.

Who should the coach be?

Out of who we have supposedly interviewed and have interest?
My opinion
Butch
Richt #2 if he shows he has the fire

It is comical.

Who should the coach be?

It is comical.

Who should the coach be?

My opinion
Butch

So, going 8-5 in a weak ACC is success, but going 8-5 in a strong SEC is a failure to accomplish something?

Do y'all just completely jump from the year 2000 to 2010, and everything that happened during that 10 year time period really didn't happen???

Butch lost to below .500 NC State teams EVERY time he played them!

My point was against ranked teams, not his overall winning record. The majority of his wins have come against low echelon teams in my opinion

I know his recruiting has gotten better, I wasn't knocking that. it's jsut his fans biggest excuse was that his teams were worse than the competition but in year 7 that falls on him

Oh so how did his winning percentage improve? He is winning games that MSU traditionally lost. Why? Because the program was a cesspool. Look at the prior XXXX years. He is improving their stature (as can be seen above) and getting better talent...and the results are he is winning more games.

What ***ing fans? We're saying of a select group he would be worth the risk. Do you realize no one is beating their chest saying Mullen is the #1 guy on their board?

Again this knock on him for taking 7 years is weird. What do you expect after 7 years at MSU? They're not going to get an elite name and become tops of the SEC. They have to make do with what they can get. Why? This is MSU. They're not grabbing Meyer, Saban, Harbaugh etc. So in 7 years, MSU is winning more games both in conference and out of conference. That is improvement at MSU. He is getting them to bowls consistently and that is improvement at MSU. He is improving recruiting and getting more talent which is also improvement at MSU. If he wins 9 games this year. it will be the first time MSU has won at least 9 games back to back since...I don't know but it is easily more than 25 years. This is improvement.

So you either think he can do better at a different program with better talent or he won't.

Advertisement
Burch Davis's last gig was him building up a middling program in the ACC, occasionally losing to average teams, and is 20 years older than Mullen.

Mark Right has consistently underachived given all of his resources and speaks like a man who can "take it or leave it" when it comes to coaching.

any defense for mullen or against the FACTS that are stated in the OP? or just want to state dumb insults?

This.

It is comical.

You're a potato. You fail to read. You fail to comprehend. Good luck!

Burch Davis's last gig was him building up a middling program in the ACC, occasionally losing to average teams, and is 20 years older than Mullen.

Mark Right has consistently underachived given all of his resources and speaks like a man who can "take it or leave it" when it comes to coaching.

i'm not a butch fan so I agree with that

if you can't see that Richt is better than theres no helping you

It is comical.

Who should the coach be?

It is comical.

Who should the coach be?

My opinion
Butch

So, going 8-5 in a weak ACC is success, but going 8-5 in a strong SEC is a failure to accomplish something?

Do y'all just completely jump from the year 2000 to 2010, and everything that happened during that 10 year time period really didn't happen???

Butch lost to below .500 NC State teams EVERY time he played them!

Explained this before and stated not comparing 5th place Mullen to other guys
I think his lack of success speaks for itself when it comes to getting the Miami job

Separately
we know what Butch can do and has done before
Build teams with talent including unc
assemble great staff - what all great coaches do
recruit like crazy

does his coaching rank up to the best - nope

Advertisement

i'm not a butch fan so I agree with that

if you can't see that Richt is better than theres no helping you

Richt may have been better at some point, sure. He put a lot of equity in Georgia and it never reached its potential. Does he have the fire to go on that extended journey again, at a place with less amenities and financial support, in a hyper political recruiting community?

some of yall are so ******* dumb lol you think miami deserves urban or saban or some ****

or no da gawd butch davis my bad

and no mullen has not gotten worse im pretty sure this year and last yr are 2 of his best

plus miss st is basically kentucky or vandy level in the sec

Last edited:
All the listed candidates have some serious questions. I'm guessing Butch didn't have a great record against ranked teams either and had many head scratching losses to lower ranked less talented teams.

some of yall are so ******* dumb lol you think miami deserves urban or saban or some ****

and no mullen has not gotten worse im pretty sure this year and last yr are 2 of his best

MSU is the absolute pits of football. Mullen's problem is that he's been so consistent there that people have tricked themselves into thinking MSU is a quality program and that they regularly should be beating programs they have no business beating like Bama and LSU.

Advertisement
None of this matters, anyway, it's out there that not only does the committee think he's too "brash," they also feel his buyout is too steep.

So much for "money ain't a thang!" Guess that's why our top targets are unemployed.

This is quite possibly the most ridiculous thread ever. We have had a no butch thread, a CHIP KELLY thread, a no MARK RICHT thread and now this. Lol.

Mullen would kill in Miami

This is quite possibly the most ridiculous thread ever. We have had a no butch thread, a CHIP KELLY thread, a no MARK RICHT thread and now this. Lol.

Mullen would kill in Miami

well then THIS isn't the most ridiculous thread
Because all 3 of those guys shlt on Mr 5th place Mullen

Advertisement
some of yall are so ****ing dumb lol you think miami deserves urban or saban or some ****

Please stop with that broken english. I posted the schedule and facts up top. YES HE HAS GOTTEN WORSE. Learn to read

some of yall are so ****ing dumb lol you think miami deserves urban or saban or some ****

Please stop with that broken english. I posted the schedule and facts up top. YES HE HAS GOTTEN WORSE. Learn to read

NO HE HASN'T

what is he suposed to have a great a team at miss st? lol last year is about as good a season as they will ever see reaching number #1 and holding that spot for about 5 weeks or what ever

he could do even better with a recruiting base like miami has he runs a fun high scoring offense kids wanna play in and he makes pretty **** good defensive coordinator hires

yall got way too high expectations the idiot blake james would be lucky to land mullen

My point was against ranked teams, not his overall winning record. The majority of his wins have come against low echelon teams in my opinion

I know his recruiting has gotten better, I wasn't knocking that. it's jsut his fans biggest excuse was that his teams were worse than the competition but in year 7 that falls on him

Oh so how did his winning percentage improve? He is winning games that MSU traditionally lost. Why? Because the program was a cesspool. Look at the prior XXXX years. He is improving their stature (as can be seen above) and getting better talent...and the results are he is winning more games.

What ***ing fans? We're saying of a select group he would be worth the risk. Do you realize no one is beating their chest saying Mullen is the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] guy on their board?

Again this knock on him for taking 7 years is weird. What do you expect after 7 years at MSU? They're not going to get an elite name and become tops of the SEC. They have to make do with what they can get. Why? This is MSU. They're not grabbing Meyer, Saban, Harbaugh etc. So in 7 years, MSU is winning more games both in conference and out of conference. That is improvement at MSU. He is getting them to bowls consistently and that is improvement at MSU. He is improving recruiting and getting more talent which is also improvement at MSU. If he wins 9 games this year. it will be the first time MSU has won at least 9 games back to back since...I don't know but it is easily more than 25 years. This is improvement.

So you either think he can do better at a different program with better talent or he won't.

two years before he was hired they won 8 games. he's only bested that twice since being there

like I said in other posts within the last week, some posters were saying that he was overmatched. I was just clearly stating that it wasn't an excuse

yes I know miss state is not the elite of college football but he has shown virtually little to no improvement since being there and thats what matters

also you're right nobody is beating their chest saying mullen is #1 . but nobody is saying that about schiano, cristobal, butch, etc. and we have dozens of threads on those guys right?

Advertisement
Back