Why aren’t our TEs developing ?

Because Mallory is a bad luck curse that has continued to metastasize all over this team...
I would rather have Arroyo or some freaking Uber driver off the street playing TE

That’s on the coaches for putting him out there over Arroyo and holding back Skinner. Will has been soft his entire career.

Advertisement
Mallory has injuries that he forever deals with and he was always SOFT. That aint changing with weightroom work...Mallory dad is/was an nfl coach and he still was soft at blocking. He essentially played wr in high school and never blocked much.. and still cant...He doesnt have proper foot positioning, get off, or even want to when blocking. In the pass game he is solid but very stiff...some of the injuries may have slowe dhim down but he is solid in the pass game honestly.

We dont know if the others developed since we dont target them...not even last year. Arroyo gets his 2 targets a game and thats pretty much it.

TE's have to be used or made a priority by the oc...hence we saw the production we always saw because they were made a priority here.

TE'S in Gattis scheme are used alot in blocking situations or in the flats...thats their thing
I saw some big plays down the field to TE last year. I remember a crosser to a TE the big TE vs. PSU that won them the game in Happy Valley last year.

Hopefully we start to see some of this to Skinner, Brantley, Arroyo

- Skinner looked great in limited action (that touchdown play that wasn't called, showed dude's freakish athletic ability... Looking fwd to seeing him more involved in what may now be a somewhat hybrid or adjusted offense, with among other things, an increasing role for TE's overall (I assume that's whom MC was referring to (Skinner) during a recent interview where he said (to paraphrase) we're in a position to start infusing the young talent. You almost have to; and I think he and the other TE's are keys to not just salvaging the season, but turning things around... A 'w' this weekend can generate some good momentum, and ride that mf'r into a "w" in Clemson and that will almost inevitably close a lot of people's mouths (including mine).

Advertisement
Use Mallory like Njoku was used and he eats, providing he stays healthy. I'm not saying he's Njoku, but he's a better version of himself at least.

TEs or Will Mallory? It’s not developing issue at Miami. Mallory just isn’t good. Our last starting TE is in the NFL and Arroyo will be too.

Advertisement
Because Field is a lousy on-field coach who is constantly given the biggest pass on here because:

-he used to post on this board
-he’s a former Dade white guy who has street cred

Both points above pertain to the ultimate fantasy for the majority of posters on this board. Those are the main points as to why people can’t clearly think about why tight ends don’t develop despite having an overall top ten positional talent advantage nationally every year.

Hartley, as well as other former tight end coaches here destroy him as an overall coach.

Mallory has played up to his ranking, developed but had injuries. I’m afraid Arroyo is another example of being overrated by some people on here which have made his expectations too high. Kid is a talent but he was being heralded as one of the best in his class and a potential first rounder. Skinner has only been here for a couple of months.

all eyes should be on Field, who allegedly is an elite recruiter. what about this coaching skills? I sit behind the offense and he doesn't do much coaching on the sideline.
He’s a **** good coach. I’ve spent time with him and his TE’s, in addition to other coaches that know his value. His track record of TE’s and how the NFL views them speaks for itself. Maybe Mallory isn’t the best blocker, but that’s on him. The kids have to WANT to be great. Putting in the work in the film room, weight room and after practice matter. Fwiw

Hate to be "that guy" in the thread but if im one of those 3 TEs in our recruiting class...I am asking some really tough questions of Mario/Gattis/Field about why 4 games in it seems like the TEs arent really a focal point of the offense. Arroyo is being criminally underutilized. And now hes hurt. There is no need for 3 TEs in one class if the position isnt going to be utilized properly. (strictly taking this from the recruits POV). Gattis has really dropped the ball in that area. (no pun)

Advertisement
Question why aren’t we redshirting players anymore ? that’s usually the time where they get size and groomed to play down the road. Is it because we’ve been so bad we need players to play immediately?
Because noone does. The way college football is played now, there's no reason to redshirt anyone. Even Frank Gore should have never been redshirted.

He’s a **** good coach. I’ve spent time with him and his TE’s, in addition to other coaches that know his value. His track record of TE’s and how the NFL views them speaks for itself. Maybe Mallory isn’t the best blocker, but that’s on him. The kids have to WANT to be great. Putting in the work in the film room, weight room and after practice matter. Fwiw
Oh boy, our guys just have to want it more.

no question mallory is a poor blocker, my point is that i never see him coaching up the TEs. that's an empirical fact, right @Empirical Cane

Advertisement
no question mallory is a poor blocker, my point is that i never see him coaching up the TEs. that's an empirical fact, right @Empirical Cane
VaC1P0Gz0D3NK (1).gif

Half the tight ends in the NFL can’t block but their coaches don’t expect them to. Instead of using Mallory in-line and expecting home to handle ends one on one, maybe our crack team of offensive coaches should use him in a way that better suits his abilities.

Nevermind, this staff is all about forcing guys to do what they’re terrible at and then blaming the “lack of execution”.
Wanna bet Mallory ends up with a decent journeyman NFL career?

Wanna bet Mallory ends up with a decent journeyman NFL career?
Everyone who’s coached him loves him so I could see him making a team somewhere down the line. Reserve tight ends usually have to be able to block though.

Advertisement
Back