Why aren’t our TEs developing ?

Supacane954

Sophomore
Real question: for a few years since Hartley left i guess… i haven’t seen an improvement in our TE room in regards to strength or fundamentals.. when we were TE U we had kids come here and get better, with blocking and catching and understanding the position i just don’t get why a Mallory is the same as he was when he was a freshman. Any ideas anyone ?

Advertisement
Real question: for a few years since Hartley left i guess… i haven’t seen an improvement in our TE room in regards to strength or fundamentals.. when we were TE U we had kids come here and get better, with blocking and catching and understanding the position i just don’t get why a Mallory is the same as he was when he was a freshman. Any ideas anyone ?

Mallory has injuries that he forever deals with and he was always SOFT. That aint changing with weightroom work...Mallory dad is/was an nfl coach and he still was soft at blocking. He essentially played wr in high school and never blocked much.. and still cant...He doesnt have proper foot positioning, get off, or even want to when blocking. In the pass game he is solid but very stiff...some of the injuries may have slowe dhim down but he is solid in the pass game honestly.

We dont know if the others developed since we dont target them...not even last year. Arroyo gets his 2 targets a game and thats pretty much it.

TE's have to be used or made a priority by the oc...hence we saw the production we always saw because they were made a priority here.

TE'S in Gattis scheme are used alot in blocking situations or in the flats...thats their thing

injuries

Mallory has injuries that he forever deals with and he was always SOFT. That aint changing with weightroom work...Mallory dad is/was an nfl coach and he still was soft at blocking. He essentially played wr in high school and never blocked much.. and still cant...He doesnt have proper foot positioning, get off, or even want to when blocking. In the pass game he is solid but very stiff...some of the injuries may have slowe dhim down but he is solid in the pass game honestly.

We dont know if the others developed since we dont target them...not even last year. Arroyo gets his 2 targets a game and thats pretty much it.

TE's have to be used or made a priority by the oc...hence we saw the production we always saw because they were made a priority here.

TE'S in Gattis scheme are used alot in blocking situations or in the flats...thats their thing
He's got 45 year old Tom Brady knees

Not underdevelopment but misuse and underutilization of TEs, imo. Mallory, Arroyo, and Skinner look more like pass catchers than traditional in-liners. Throw them the ball down field. With all the "problems" with the WRs, I thought the TE group would have a LOT more catches.

Advertisement
Brevin was good for half a year then spent the rest “injured”.

Mallory does the same but doesn’t “find work” as a blocker.

Arroyo looks the part but the coaches don’t want him catching many passes for some reason.

Advertisement

So Mallory's HS coaches knew how to use Mallory better than our current staff does now? They actually saw what he could and could not do and adjusted their system based on that? What an idea.

Not underdevelopment but misuse and underutilization of TEs, imo. Mallory, Arroyo, and Skinner look more like pass catchers than traditional in-liners. Throw them the ball down field. With all the "problems" with the WRs, I thought the TE group would have a LOT more catches.
With WRs problems, I though they would have more targets.

christian-bale-confused-gif-2.gif

Advertisement
Brevin was good for half a year then spent the rest “injured”.

Mallory does the same but doesn’t “find work” as a blocker.

Arroyo looks the part but the coaches don’t want him catching many passes for some reason.
Brevin never learned to block never really developed in a all around TE not to say he isn’t now but i think that holds you back as an offense having all these tweeners

Question why aren’t we redshirting players anymore ? that’s usually the time where they get size and groomed to play down the road. Is it because we’ve been so bad we need players to play immediately?

Half the tight ends in the NFL can’t block but their coaches don’t expect them to. Instead of using Mallory in-line and expecting home to handle ends one on one, maybe our crack team of offensive coaches should use him in a way that better suits his abilities.

Nevermind, this staff is all about forcing guys to do what they’re terrible at and then blaming the “lack of execution”.

Advertisement
Because Mallory is a bad luck curse that has continued to metastasize all over this team...
I would rather have Arroyo or some freaking Uber driver off the street playing TE

Advertisement
Back