Why Are We So Surprised?

twalcott5

Freshman
When MR was being considered for the UM job, all I did was some homework. I looked at his record, the UGA average 2-3 loses yearly, the lack of winning championships, and the why UGA fired him. It wasn't like we were hiring a coach with a consistent championship winning track record. It was very clear to me that he just did not have what we were looking for. He was done after UGA. It was a no brainer to me! I posted back then that this was going to be a bad hiring decision, that I felt Butch was a better choice, and I was rediculed consistently on this board.

Perhaps UM's admin may not be all of the dumb asses involved in/or supporting our Program. Perhaps all we have to do is look at our selves in the mirror as well for we also are part of why bad decisions are being made. Perhaps, just perhaps we are also a bunch of blind *** fans as well. Just like our Administration is a bunch of dumb asses..

We all need to do our homework. If it looks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, walks like a Duck, guess what folks? We have a potential Duck in our hands, and we are living with that Duck now.

I don't consider myself to be a very smart man, but maybe I should.

Advertisement
We aren't having this discussion right now if he's averaging 10-2 or even 9-3. He's averaging 4 losses a year and counting, including a .500 season (maybe worse) in a season that is heavy on upperclassmen.

The reason why UGA fired him isn't the exact reasons he's been trash here. He's been downright slothful. He's not recruiting particularly well (he almost always recruited well at UGA) and he's doing worse here than he did at UGA, even over his last 5 seasons, which were filled with trash QB play, too.

Also, if you look at his staff at UGA, much better there, even in his final years, than the one he has now...and UGAs staff wasn't particularly good either.

Perhaps all we have to do is look at our selves in the mirror as well for we also are part of why bad decisions are being made.

Our decision makers have been nothing but consistent...

1. 4 straight unnecessary extensions,
2. 3 straight atrocious hires,
3. 3 straight buyouts (each too late) and we wait for number 4,
4. Our current AD ***s trannys, needed 5 years to graduate Minnesota State Mankato, and fell a$s backwards into the position, and
5. It has been ~15 years from our last truly relevant season.

How do people not understand this by now? We love apathy. We have no accountability. We love the self-inflicted cancer approach.

We aren't having this discussion right now if he's averaging 10-2 or even 9-3. He's averaging 4 losses a year and counting, including a .500 season (maybe worse) in a season that is heavy on upperclassmen.

The reason why UGA fired him isn't the exact reasons he's been trash here. He's been downright slothful. He's not recruiting particularly well (he almost always recruited well at UGA) and he's doing worse here than he did at UGA, even over his last 5 seasons, which were filled with trash QB play, too.

Also, if you look at his staff at UGA, much better there, even in his final years, than the one he has now...and UGAs staff wasn't particularly good either.

He was done when he left UGA. No desire, no passion, no creativity, no nothing!!!

Advertisement

He was done when he left UGA Bro!

I lived in Georgia for 20 years even though I am from Miami and have always been a Canes fan. The thing you need to understand about Georgia, or Tennessee or Kentucky recruiting is that these states are dotted with little towns with for the most part a single High School. Kids attending these schools are taught at an early age to pledge their athletic allegiance to their large state school. It's not like Florida, or South Florida at all. Most of these kids fell on MR's lap. It was never that he was a great recruiter at all.

Our decision makers have been nothing but consistent...

1. 4 straight unnecessary extensions,
2. 3 straight atrocious hires,
3. 3 straight buyouts (each too late) and we wait for number 4,
4. Our current AD ***s trannys, needed 5 years to graduate Minnesota State Mankato, and fell a$s backwards into the position, and
5. It has been ~15 years from our last truly relevant season.

How do people not understand this by now? We love apathy. We have no accountability. We love the self-inflicted cancer approach.
Surprised there isn't a lifetime contract in there as well

He was done when he left UGA. No desire, no passion, no creativity, no nothing!!!

I don't disagree with you.

But if the results showed a more respectable Miami team, the discussion we are having right now about him is not the same. I mean, Miami went from one of the hottest acts in football at this same exact time one year ago to a joke. That's a hard fall from grace.

Even Colorado has standards and are going to fire Mike McIntyre...a school that legitimately can't do much better than him...after a potential 5-7 season. At some point Miami needs to remember that they have standards. At what point is a season record straight up unacceptable.

Advertisement
I don't disagree with you.

But if the results showed a more respectable Miami team, the discussion we are having right now about him is not the same. I mean, Miami went from one of the hottest acts in football at this same exact time one year ago to a joke. That's a hard fall from grace.

Even Colorado has standards and are going to fire Mike McIntyre...a school that legitimately can't do much better than him...after a potential 5-7 season. At some point Miami needs to remember that they have standards. At what point is a season record straight up unacceptable.

Miami did not hire MR to lose 3 games per year and make a showing at an Orlando Bowl game, just like he did at UGA.

The reason that the U is falling so fast is that MR is running an out of control process. It isn't just QB issues, it's also the OL, offensive play calling, atrocius special teams, receivers dropping balls, highly skilled recruited players not being developed, bad coaching, inconsistent LB and DB play, etc., etc., etc. It all falls on him and guess what? Outside of pointing fingers at players, like Golden used to do, he has no clue how to fix it.

Early prediction-- MR will walk away at end of season when he is forced to get rid of some coaches he is very closed to. No coach wants to be told what to do. It simply tells him that he doesn't know what the **** he is doing!

Last edited:
Miami did not hire MR to lose 3 games per year and make a showing at an Orlando Bowl game, just like he did at UGA.

The reason that the U is falling so fast is that MR is running an out of control process. It isn't just QB issues, it's also the OL, offensive play calling, atrocius special teams, receivers dropping balls, highly skilled recruited players not being developed, bad coaching, inconsistent LB and DB play, etc., etc., etc. It all falls on him and guess what? Outside of pointing fingers at players, like Golden used to do, he has no clue how to fix it.

Early prediction-- MR will walk away at end of season when he is forced to get rid of some coaches he is very closed to.
I hope he does walk away because we are already way behind the 8 ball with him at this point. It will be devastating for the program if he stays another second after that!

Advertisement
I don't think many people realize how many current coaches have won national championships. And guess what? They're not coming to UM

Advertisement
He tricked us into thinking coming to Miami rejuvenated him . This mf was humping off of the high board at Paradise an all types of sht man . Showing up at HS games . He ain’t doing none of that anymore . The jig is up

He had me fooled I’m for sure not gonna act like I saw these losses to Virginia, BC , etc coming

When MR was being considered for the UM job, all I did was some homework. I looked at his record, the UGA average 2-3 loses yearly, the lack of winning championships, and the why UGA fired him. It wasn't like we were hiring a coach with a consistent championship winning track record. It was very clear to me that he just did not have what we were looking for. He was done after UGA. It was a no brainer to me! I posted back then that this was going to be a bad hiring decision, that I felt Butch was a better choice, and I was rediculed consistently on this board.

Perhaps UM's admin may not be all of the dumb asses involved in/or supporting our Program. Perhaps all we have to do is look at our selves in the mirror as well for we also are part of why bad decisions are being made. Perhaps, just perhaps we are also a bunch of blind *** fans as well. Just like our Administration is a bunch of dumb asses..

We all need to do our homework. If it looks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, walks like a Duck, guess what folks? We have a potential Duck in our hands, and we are living with that Duck now.

I don't consider myself to be a very smart man, but maybe I should.
I want Lane Kiffin!!

Advertisement
Back