Why Are We So Surprised?

Advertisement
When MR was being considered for the UM job, all I did was some homework. I looked at his record, the UGA average 2-3 loses yearly, the lack of winning championships, and the why UGA fired him. It wasn't like we were hiring a coach with a consistent championship winning track record. It was very clear to me that he just did not have what we were looking for. He was done after UGA. It was a no brainer to me! I posted back then that this was going to be a bad hiring decision, that I felt Butch was a better choice, and I was rediculed consistently on this board.

Perhaps UM's admin may not be all of the dumb asses involved in/or supporting our Program. Perhaps all we have to do is look at our selves in the mirror as well for we also are part of why bad decisions are being made. Perhaps, just perhaps we are also a bunch of blind *** fans as well. Just like our Administration is a bunch of dumb asses..

We all need to do our homework. If it looks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, walks like a Duck, guess what folks? We have a potential Duck in our hands, and we are living with that Duck now.

I don't consider myself to be a very smart man, but maybe I should.

Me personally - I never thought Richt was a NC kind of guy. I saw him as a guy who was a consistent 9-10 win guy. When he was hired, I thought/hoped he would: fix the internal lockeroom culture, improve S&C, repair the relationships with sofla schools/youth, recruit well and stockpile this team back where it needs to in order to be elite for the next guy. He's done most of that. What none of us expected (you included) was how bad this year would turn out. I don't think anyone could have predicted a - possibly - bowl-less season.

He tricked us into thinking coming to Miami rejuvenated him . This mf was humping off of the high board at Paradise an all types of sht man . Showing up at HS games . He ain’t doing none of that anymore . The jig is up

He had me fooled I’m for sure not gonna act like I saw these losses to Virginia, BC , etc coming

I saw it coming when he agreed to coach us 3 years ago. Proof was in the pudding Bro! Would love to find out Saban's private professional feelings about MR. I bet he is laughing his *** off at us for this decision.

Remember a few years ago when UGA was playing UF in Jax and UGA scored a touchdown. MR led UGA them on an end zone touchdown celebration. I thought that was so bush league! Struck a nerve with me about MR. You always openly respect your opponent and proceed to kick their ***.

I hated the hire from day one, said as much here, got hammered of coarse, Butch was the right guy to bring us back. There were a ton of guys on here who were all giddy over Mork, and said he was 10 x the coach Butch was, and if you dared to disagree all they would bring up is Butch cant coach on game day, he's too old, he stabbed us in the back and left us. This team is total **** top to bottom, no leaders, nobody playin with that Cane attitude, has no fight, and is pretty much just like its head coach. I dont know how many here actually played football, at least varsity in HS, but you dont need to be to smart to have seen Mork was not the guy right up front. Blake James needs to man up here or be fired, simple as that, Manny and maybe a couple of his guys would be the only ones i would retain, and thats only because i would hire Butch knowing that he would help Manny with that side of the ball. I like Manny, i like his fire, but he still needs to learn some things, and a former super bowl winning DC would be good for him.

Me personally - I never thought Richt was a NC kind of guy. I saw him as a guy who was a consistent 9-10 win guy. When he was hired, I thought/hoped he would: fix the internal lockeroom culture, improve S&C, repair the relationships with sofla schools/youth, recruit well and stockpile this team back where it needs to in order to be elite for the next guy. He's done most of that. What none of us expected (you included) was how bad this year would turn out. I don't think anyone could have predicted a - possibly - bowl-less season.

Disagree with you Bro. I saw this coming a long time ago. Three game losing streaks the past two years are not normal at all!!

Advertisement
I hated the hire from day one, said as much here, got hammered of coarse, Butch was the right guy to bring us back. There were a ton of guys on here who were all giddy over Mork, and said he was 10 x the coach Butch was, and if you dared to disagree all they would bring up is Butch cant coach on game day, he's too old, he stabbed us in the back and left us. This team is total **** top to bottom, no leaders, nobody playin with that Cane attitude, has no fight, and is pretty much just like its head coach. I dont know how many here actually played football, at least varsity in HS, but you dont need to be to smart to have seen Mork was not the guy right up front. Blake James needs to man up here or be fired, simple as that, Manny and maybe a couple of his guys would be the only ones i would retain, and thats only because i would hire Butch knowing that he would help Manny with that side of the ball. I like Manny, i like his fire, but he still needs to learn some things, and a former super bowl winning DC would be good for him.

ON POINT!! DEAD ON!!!! I remembered for I too was ridiculed openly for my honesty for 3 years. If Diaz is such a great DC, he would be at Alabama, Clemson or Ohio state in a similar gig. Guess what? He is not! He is way too slow to adjust, but I agree with the Butch helping him part.

I saw it coming when he agreed to coach us 3 years ago. Proof was in the pudding Bro! Would love to find out Saban's private professional feelings about MR. I bet he is laughing his *** off at us for this decision.

Remember a few years ago when UGA was playing UF in Jax and UGA scored a touchdown. MR led UGA them on an end zone touchdown celebration. I thought that was so bush league! Struck a nerve with me about MR. You always openly respect your opponent and proceed to kick their ***.
You saw us being 5-5 and being at the bottom of the ACC ? I get your points but nothing about Richts career indicated it would be THIS bad

Agree.

Advertisement
When MR was being considered for the UM job, all I did was some homework. I looked at his record, the UGA average 2-3 loses yearly, the lack of winning championships, and the why UGA fired him. It wasn't like we were hiring a coach with a consistent championship winning track record. It was very clear to me that he just did not have what we were looking for. He was done after UGA. It was a no brainer to me! I posted back then that this was going to be a bad hiring decision, that I felt Butch was a better choice, and I was rediculed consistently on this board.

Perhaps UM's admin may not be all of the dumb asses involved in/or supporting our Program. Perhaps all we have to do is look at our selves in the mirror as well for we also are part of why bad decisions are being made. Perhaps, just perhaps we are also a bunch of blind *** fans as well. Just like our Administration is a bunch of dumb asses..

We all need to do our homework. If it looks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, walks like a Duck, guess what folks? We have a potential Duck in our hands, and we are living with that Duck now.

In 2017 you could see issues with the offense, we just got lucky with the turnovers from the D to mask them. Add in the ST horribly sucking and the idiotic handling of the QB situation I’m not surprised at all.

Richt needs to go, I’m done with him

You saw us being 5-5 and being at the bottom of the ACC ? I get your points but nothing about Richts career indicated it would be THIS bad

This. I don't recall ANYONE predicting this team looking as bad as it has this season. 3 game slide? Yeah, I think there are many that thought that it could happen. Incompetence over a 4-5 game stretch? Not sure about that one.

In 2017 you could see issues with the offense, we just got lucky with the turnovers from the D to mask them. Add in the ST horribly sucking and the idiotic handling of the QB situation I’m not surprised at all.

And that was his opportunity to make obvious changes but instead he doubled down and hired Patke.

Golden’s specialty was defense, he sucked.

Richt’s specialty is offense, he sucks.

Consistency, huh.

Remember in Richt's first season with us, privately neither Kaaya nor MR were happy with each other, hence Kaaya moving on early. As I recall, Kaaya was not happy at all with MR's offense. MR wanted Rozier's mobility as part of the offense. Our current QB's, ones MR mostly recruited, are mobile but none have a brain, and Kaaya ended up being the U's all time passer.

Advertisement

Let me clue you in. How many coaches have "consistent " Championships or even won a championship? Where is this fantasy that there are championship coaches waiting by the phone for that call from James Blake or any AD for that matter. The only college coach winning championships consistently is Nick Saban.

There are only two coaching options. You either choose a veteran with proving winning or you choose a young up-and-coming coach. And don't give me this Butch Davis crap. If he were that good he wouldn't be at FIU. He'd be at P5 school. Even if you think he's good, he's got too much past baggage that nobody wants.

Fans ar we delusional always thinking the next coach is the one. Reminds me of one of my best friends. Always bringing a new girl around acting all lovely dovey talking about she's the one and they're going to get married. A month later, new girl is gone and the next girlfriend is now "the one. " Dillusions of grandeur. LMAO!!!

Mark Richt went from being a jobber in the SEC to being a jobber in the ACC.

Let me clue you in. How many coaches have "consistent " Championships or even won a championship? Where is this fantasy that there are championship coaches waiting by the phone for that call from James Blake or any AD for that matter. The only college coach winning championships consistently is Nick Saban.

There are only two coaching options. You either choose a veteran with proving winning or you choose a young up-and-coming coach. And don't give me this Butch Davis crap. If he were that good he wouldn't be at FIU. He'd be at P5 school. Even if you think he's good, he's got too much past baggage that nobody wants.

Fans ar we delusional always thinking the next coach is the one. Reminds me of one of my best friends. Always bringing a new girl around acting all lovely dovey talking about she's the one and they're going to get married. A month later, new girl is gone and the next girlfriend is now "the one. " Dillusions of grandeur. LMAO!!!

Your logic, or lack of one is part of the reason we are where we are. Did you do your homework on MR before we hired him or are you a blind die hard MR supporter? Anyone with common sense would not have hired MR. There were many coaches out there, either veterans or young ones, with much better upside than MR. MR only came back to prove UGA wrong. Instead he proved us wrong once again!!!

Butch Davis burnt bridges at the U and UNC previously, and we all know how "Politics" is so important in our country. Guess how many bridges Saban, Meyer, etc., have burnt over the years? Programs like Alabama and Ohio State did not give a **** about this did they? Where are these programs now?

What do have to lose by giving someone like BD a chance? He knows the Program, the city, the high schools, the kids, is a **** of a recruiter and talent evaluator, has coached in the Pros, loves the city of Miami, will hire the right coaches, including next HC in waiting. I've spoken with both BD and MR. What separates these men is what in their minds, hearts and souls. BD wants to do Miami right. I've never felt it with MR.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hill threatening to expose what he knows if changes aren't made?? interesting....

“then I will start [divulging] what I really know. What can they do to me? I’m already in the [UM] Hall of Fame.”

former players tired of richt

Heard Thrill on Hochman & Crowder, and he’s right. ***** Richt, if he’s stubborn and don’t want to change, nor take his weak a** out of Miami? Then divulge away Thrill, divulge away.

Heard Thrill on Hochman & Crowder, and he’s right. ***** Richt, if he’s stubborn and don’t want to change, nor take his weak a** out of Miami? Then divulge away Thrill, divulge away.
You know what happens to coaches who are mediocre in their coaching job and will not change? They get replaced.

I don't disagree with you.

But if the results showed a more respectable Miami team, the discussion we are having right now about him is not the same. I mean, Miami went from one of the hottest acts in football at this same exact time one year ago to a joke. That's a hard fall from grace.

Even Colorado has standards and are going to fire Mike McIntyre...a school that legitimately can't do much better than him...after a potential 5-7 season. At some point Miami needs to remember that they have standards. At what point is a season record straight up unacceptable.

At what point? Right now, but we kinda boxed ourselves in with the extension. We were so happy with the fast start last year we gave an extension to a guy who not only wasn't going anywhere, he never even implied he was going anywhere. He as much as said this was his last stop when he took the job.

Anyway, yeah. Can we afford to even fire this guy right now? I don't know, but I do know the BOT seems to think we can't. And sadly, what they think is about all that matters right now.

Advertisement
Back