Why Are We So Surprised?

Advertisement
Most intelligent fans didn't like the hire. His time at Uga gave no indication that he could win big here. But nobody could have predicted it would be this bad in year three.

stopped reading at the UGA average 2-3 loses yearly

take some English lessons *******

Advertisement
When MR was being considered for the UM job, all I did was some homework. I looked at his record, the UGA average 2-3 loses yearly, the lack of winning championships, and the why UGA fired him. Congrats on knowing what every single person who follows college football knew already It wasn't like we were hiring a coach with a consistent championship winning track record. There are four active FBS head coaches who have won a championship Saban, Urban, Jimbo and Dabo. Of those four the only one with a "consistent championship winning track record" is Saban. So we should have hired Nick Saban? It was very clear to me that he just did not have what we were looking for. He was done after UGA. It was a no brainer to me! I posted back then that this was going to be a bad hiring decision, that I felt Butch was a better choice, and I was rediculed consistently on this board. What consistent championship track record did Butch have? He's been an 8 win coach his entire career besides one year at Miami where he won 11 games.

Perhaps UM's admin may not be all of the dumb asses involved in/or supporting our Program. Perhaps all we have to do is look at our selves in the mirror as well for we also are part of why bad decisions are being made. Perhaps, just perhaps we are also a bunch of blind *** fans as well. Just like our Administration is a bunch of dumb asses..

We all need to do our homework. If it looks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, walks like a Duck, guess what folks? We have a potential Duck in our hands, and we are living with that Duck now.

I don't consider myself to be a very smart man, but maybe I should. Don't second guess yourself.

Advertisement
When MR was being considered for the UM job, all I did was some homework. I looked at his record, the UGA average 2-3 loses yearly, the lack of winning championships, and the why UGA fired him. It wasn't like we were hiring a coach with a consistent championship winning track record. It was very clear to me that he just did not have what we were looking for. He was done after UGA. It was a no brainer to me! I posted back then that this was going to be a bad hiring decision, that I felt Butch was a better choice, and I was rediculed consistently on this board.

Perhaps UM's admin may not be all of the dumb asses involved in/or supporting our Program. Perhaps all we have to do is look at our selves in the mirror as well for we also are part of why bad decisions are being made. Perhaps, just perhaps we are also a bunch of blind *** fans as well. Just like our Administration is a bunch of dumb asses..

We all need to do our homework. If it looks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, walks like a Duck, guess what folks? We have a potential Duck in our hands, and we are living with that Duck now.

I don't consider myself to be a very smart man, but maybe I should.
I was right along with you, MR has reached burnout and the game/offensive style has passed him, last year was a fluke / lucky we won the games we won, FSU, GT, North Carolina, easily could of been losses.

MR's winning % record at UGA was .650, at the U .666. He was a **** of a hire ha!!

His winning percentage at Georgia was .740. Let me help you with this:

145 wins, 51 losses. 145+51 = 196 games. 145 divided by 196 = .73979592. In the real world we round that up to .740.

Now, the big question. Are you a complete dullard, or did you lie on purpose?

His winning percentage at Georgia was .740. Let me help you with this:

145 wins, 51 losses. 145+51 = 196 games. 145 divided by 196 = .73979592. In the real world we round that up to .740.

Now, the big question. Are you a complete dullard, or did you lie on purpose?

Big Facts

Advertisement
Most intelligent fans didn't like the hire. His time at Uga gave no indication that he could win big here. But nobody could have predicted it would be this bad in year three.

Question is who can win big here besides Nick Saban or Urban Meyer???

At what point? Right now, but we kinda boxed ourselves in with the extension. We were so happy with the fast start last year we gave an extension to a guy who not only wasn't going anywhere, he never even implied he was going anywhere. He as much as said this was his last stop when he took the job.

Anyway, yeah. Can we afford to even fire this guy right now? I don't know, but I do know the BOT seems to think we can't. And sadly, what they think is about all that matters right now.
The university is so happy to go e extensions. Folden got one his first season. Shannon got an extension the year before he was fired. Coker the same.

Clearly no matter what, the university does not know what they are doing with coaches.

Advertisement
I saw it coming when he agreed to coach us 3 years ago. Proof was in the pudding Bro! Would love to find out Saban's private professional feelings about MR. I bet he is laughing his *** off at us for this decision.

Remember a few years ago when UGA was playing UF in Jax and UGA scored a touchdown. MR led UGA them on an end zone touchdown celebration. I thought that was so bush league! Struck a nerve with me about MR. You always openly respect your opponent and proceed to kick their ***.
Saban & crew were probably popping bottles the day they learned Richt was on his way to Miami. So were Bama's boosters. No telling how much bag $ is being saved with our struggles.

On this board we have a bunch of cybermetrics Mathematicians and English PHd's that neither know a ******* thing about football nor focus on our Program's solutions. Seems like a bunch of blind *** MR groupies that got blind sided out of nowwhere. Milennials maybe that feel entitled to MR being a great coach? Doesn't take a PHD to figure that out, does it thick glass nerds. Bottom line is that MR was done several years ago, UGA knew it but our ignorant Admin. and quite a few of our fans were also too ignorant to find out. Guess what? Surprised, surprised, surprised!!

I predicted it 3 years ago boys!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back