Why are people putting this loss on Kaaya's shoulders?

Canez1

OG
We don't have a single legit Tackle on the O-line and our guards can't block for **** in the passing game. He is working with a patchwork receiving corps. Losing Cager was a real blow. We simply do not have enough experienced depth and it shows especially with a new system in its first year. This was my biggest fear going into the game. McFadden actually ran Richards route on the INT.

However, a lot of that can easily be offset with a QBs best security blanket. We have dominated FSU with our TEs the last few years and we have 2 of the best on our roster and yet, they were not even really utilized tonight! This leads me to the overall problem and that is the OC. They have a WR playing DB and we don't attack him? Seriously!? I'm not even going to get into our formations and play calling. Most of it left me in disbelief yelling at the tv in disgust. We hired a new coach and yet here we are in the same boat again experimenting! I was and still am a Butch guy but was satisfied with the Richt hire. He made a great hire for DC. The difference is night and day. Now it is time to do the same on O no matter how rejuvenated calling plays makes him feel.

Was Kaaya shook? No doubt but who the **** wouldn't be in his situation?

Advertisement
The OL is terrible and Kaaya is constantly under pressure.I thought he had a concussion on the very first play of the game.He hit his head hard on the ground.Then,he got hit so hard it knocked out a molar!Kaaya kept on playing.Guy is tough but not very mobile.That 4th down td pass was not an easy throw.Play calling is very predictable-we run on 1st down way too much.The OL gets very little push on running plays.TE and RB have to stay in to block and can't be used in the pass game because the OL keeps getting beat over and over.Dropped passes are still a problem.Defense looked good but coverage was way too soft on their WR as it has been all year.Seems like we play zone constantly behind our pressure.This was not Kaaya's fault.Would you rather have Rosier or Testaverde out there? He did throw the INT in the end zone but the real back breakers were the senseless holding penalty on Waltons long TD run and the targeting foul.Those killed us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
OL got he f*cking bussiness in this one no doubt...cringe worthy stuff watching Darling I think it was resorting to just diving at Sweat's ankles as he got whipped round the edge. Generally got pushed around in the run game too.

Reality check for the line in terms of the step up in level of competition.

Look apologize for him all you want but Kayaa was shook AF after taking a few hits (especially that filthy cheap shot from Thomas) but that's the game. Sometimes your gonna have to stand in the pocket and take your licks, you cant let it affect you. That little french cvnt did it...Look my 2 front teeth are fake (no mouthguard) and it was f*cking unpleasant as f*ck when it happended but If Kayaa is going to lead this team he cant get that stunned dear in headlights look every time he takes a hit.

The OL is terrible and Kaaya is constantly under pressure.I thought he had a concussion on the very first play of the game.He hit his head hard on the ground.Then,he got hit so hard it knocked out a molar!Kaaya kept on playing.Guy is tough but not very mobile.That 4th down td pass was not an easy throw.Play calling is very predictable-we run on 1st down way too much.The OL gets very little push on running plays.TE and RB have to stay in to block and can't be used in the pass game because the OL keeps getting beat over and over.Dropped passes are still a problem.Defense looked good but coverage was way too soft on their WR as it has been all year.Seems like we play zone constantly behind our pressure.This was not Kaaya's fault.Would you rather have Rosier or Testaverde out there? He did throw the INT in the end zone but the real back breakers were the senseless holding penalty on Waltons long TD run and the targeting foul.Those killed us.

I thought he was concussed as well and didn't think he was even going to get up at first. Definitely not the best way to start the game. I am still trying to figure out how anyone saw that as targeting or even a "grey area." 100% shoulder to the chest.

OL got he f*cking bussiness in this one no doubt...cringe worthy stuff watching Darling I think it was resorting to just diving at Sweat's ankles as he got whipped round the edge. Generally got pushed around in the run game too.

Reality check for the line in terms of the step up in level of competition.

Look apologize for him all you want but Kayaa was shook AF after taking a few hits (especially that filthy cheap shot from Thomas) but that's the game. Sometimes your gonna have to stand in the pocket and take your licks, you cant let it affect you. That little french cvnt did it...Look my 2 front teeth are fake (no mouthguard) and it was f*cking unpleasant as f*ck when it happended but If Kayaa is going to lead this team he cant get that stunned dear in headlights look every time he takes a hit.

I never apologized for him. I said he was shook. What I am saying is standing in there and taking the shots really wasn't going to change the outcome once you look at the overall scheme of things. I was seriously hoping this game would get postponed til the end of the season ala UCLA '99. I knew this game was going to keep me up all night!

I thought he was concussed as well and didn't think he was even going to get up at first. Definitely not the best way to start the game. I am still trying to figure out how anyone saw that as targeting or even a "grey area." 100% shoulder to the chest.

No qb is perfect. Kaaya made one bad mistake in the end zone, but I suspect his head was still ringing after getting hit so hard he lost a tooth. Ok, he loses points for that. Did he go into a shell after the INT? Nope. When we needed him to step up and make a big time throw to tie the game, he did it.

We started off knowing the OL was going to be our weakness and in the end, the special teams squad let's someone leak through and block the kick. We get the XP, and we're playing in overtime thanks to Kaaya. If we were a good team overall, we wouldn't have fired our coach last year.

Grades:
QB: B-
RB: D
WR: C-
TE: D-
OL: F
DL: B
LB: B-
CB/S: B
ST: D+ (running into kicker, then the blocked XP, only positive was Berrios return)
Coaching: C+ (really hard to grade because I'm not sure what Richt could have done much differently in terms of playcalling given that OL can't block and WRs dropped passes)

Last edited:
Advertisement
1/3rd Richt's play calling
1/3rd OL
1/3rd Kaaya

Terrible performance by all 3...

Here's why, for all the Brad Kaaya talk about him being this amazing potential NFL quarterback, this fruitcake has no significant wins under his belt in his tenure as a Miami quarterback. That throw in the third quarter was the epitome of stupidity of not recognizing the situation of the game and realizing that the goal was to get points on the board and keep the pressure on FSU. Not only that, what was most troubling in my eyes was that there was a real lack of toughness that he exhibited tonight. I'm looking at FSU's freshman QB get knocked around and out of the game, only to return and make plays for his squad and not getting rattled by Miami's D. Meanwhile, Sideshow Bob has this "the lights are too bright for me" look when any sort of blitz comes his way. This fruitcake has no pocket presence and some of the sacks that he gets are because this fruitcake hangs on to the ball way too long as opposed to making a read and releasing the ball. If its not there, check down or throw it away. I expect better from a three year starter with almost 30 games under his belt. The guy is a b**ch and until he wins something of significance in orange and green, he will remain a b**ch. Unbelievably disappointing effort from him. Total fruitcake.

Advertisement
He threw a pick in the end zone that comepletely changed the game

A lot of things completely changed this game.

Nothing close to that besides the XP

How about holding call that negated huge TD run? Or officials time out when we had them on their heels because the chain crew got their feet tangled? Those were game changers too. Kaaya might have cost us three, but also possible that Badgley would have missed. Even with that, with game on the line Kaaya threw the TD to tie the game. Special teams blew it more than Kaaya.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Even tho the Oline played like straight dookie, Kaaya is to blame on this one. Throwing picks in the redzone plus he can't throw a deep ball to save his life.

Here's why, for all the Brad Kaaya talk about him being this amazing potential NFL quarterback, this fruitcake has no significant wins under his belt in his tenure as a Miami quarterback. That throw in the third quarter was the epitome of stupidity of not recognizing the situation of the game and realizing that the goal was to get points on the board and keep the pressure on FSU. Not only that, what was most troubling in my eyes was that there was a real lack of toughness that he exhibited tonight. I'm looking at FSU's freshman QB get knocked around and out of the game, only to return and make plays for his squad and not getting rattled by Miami's D. Meanwhile, Sideshow Bob has this "the lights are too bright for me" look when any sort of blitz comes his way. This fruitcake has no pocket presence and some of the sacks that he gets are because this fruitcake hangs on to the ball way too long as opposed to making a read and releasing the ball. If its not there, check down or throw it away. I expect better from a three year starter with almost 30 games under his belt. The guy is a b**ch and until he wins something of significance in orange and green, he will remain a b**ch. Unbelievably disappointing effort from him. Total fruitcake.

It's sad that FSU's qb has more wins over ranked teams than Kaaya has in 3 years.

Didn't Kaaya have 4 TDs and 405 yards against them last season? Tonight he had one bad play in the endzone. Threw TD to tie game but for XP. You really think he's the reason we aren't winning?

It's sad that FSU's qb has more wins over ranked teams than Kaaya has in 3 years.

Very sad.

Advertisement
Back