Who's got a UNC scouting report

AutoCANE

My name is my name.
Premium
I haven't watched them play at all this year beyond the last few minutes @ FSU. Obviously I know what we should expect against a Fedora-led team, but what about this year's edition?

They got a train run on them last week in Blacksburg, and I would just like to understand what we're going up against.

Is Hood going to be back for our game?

How much did the wet conditions contribute to them getting blown out? What did VPI do to them to take them out of their game? Tech fumbled seven times (!) so it's not like they played a perfect game...

How did they contain Switzer to 2 yards on 2 receptions (btw that dude is a ***** but he can play)?

Somebody help me out here.

Advertisement
Elijah Hood will most likely be back.

UNC/VT was played during the outer bands of Matthew and Trubisky couldn't throw a wet ball.

Their offense is catered to short/quick passes that lead to yards after catch, 30% of which go to Switzy, and yes he can play.

Poor tackling and we will get gashed. Canes control the clock and get off the field on 3rd down, we get it done.

Elijah Hood will most likely be back.

UNC/VT was played during the outer bands of Matthew and Trubisky couldn't throw a wet ball.

Their offense is catered to short/quick passes that lead to yards after catch, 30% of which go to Switzy, and yes he can play.

Poor tackling and we will get gashed. Canes control the clock and get off the field on 3rd down, we get it done.

Unc uses a lot of vertical routes. They throw the ball downfield quite a bit.

Our DL will need to dominate their OL. Can't let them run the ball.

They're going to get yards through the air.

Advertisement
image.jpg

We are going to gang rape UNC

Plz don't tell me that you pu$$ies are scared of the Tar Babies

Not with our defense. Never.

Best/most dangerous offense we will face all year. Their RB duo is as good as anyone's. Their QB is deadly accurate. They've got a WR in Switzer who caught 30 passes in 2 games. They've got a couple big WRs who catch the deep ball. There's not an area of the field they can't stress with their offense.

They're not running the ball anywhere near how well they ran it last year. That might have to do with Williams being a stronger runner that Trubisky which opens up the run game. And they clearly don't want to run Trubisky and get him hurt because their season is over if they do. They could run Williams last year and put Trubisky in if Williams got dinged or gassed.

Advertisement
Best/most dangerous offense we will face all year. Their RB duo is as good as anyone's. Their QB is deadly accurate. They've got a WR in Switzer who caught 30 passes in 2 games. They've got a couple big WRs who catch the deep ball. There's not an area of the field they can't stress with their offense.

They're not running the ball anywhere near how well they ran it last year. That might have to do with Williams being a stronger runner that Trubisky which opens up the run game. And they clearly don't want to run Trubisky and get him hurt because their season is over if they do. They could run Williams last year and put Trubisky in if Williams got dinged or gassed.

we better score

Advertisement

Dude, please Google "Tar Babies." You realize that is a racial slur, right?

I actually didn't know that, so I googled it. Wiki says this:

The Tar-Baby is a fictional character in the second of the Uncle Remus stories published in 1881; it is a doll made of tar and turpentine used to entrap Br'er Rabbit. The more that Br'er Rabbit fights the Tar-Baby, the more entangled he becomes.

In modern usage, "tar baby" refers to any "sticky situation" that is only aggravated by additional involvement with it.

And from Urban Dictionary:

A dummy made of tar, which cannot be struck without getting oneself hopelessly stuck to it--from the story "Mr. Rabbit and Mr. Fox" by Joe Harris, as told by his fictional narrator, Uncle Remus.

Tar baby has become short hand for a situation better avoided than confronted.

And from Meriam Webster Dictionary:

something from which it is nearly impossible to extricate oneself

Last edited:

we better score

My computer says we stand very little chance of winning if we score less than 35. A 9.52% chance in fact.

The Tar-Baby is a fictional character in the second of the Uncle Remus stories published in 1881; it is a doll made of tar and turpentine used to entrap Br'er Rabbit. The more that Br'er Rabbit fights the Tar-Baby, the more entangled he becomes.

In modern usage, "tar baby" refers to any "sticky situation" that is only aggravated by additional involvement with it.

A dummy made of tar, which cannot be struck without getting oneself hopelessly stuck to it--from the story "Mr. Rabbit and Mr. Fox" by Joe Harris, as told by his fictional narrator, Uncle Remus.

Wow, [MENTION=6196]DomWorld_Peace[/MENTION] way to racialize that SMH

Advertisement

Since you didn't choose to copy and paste the rest, I'll do that for you. From the same wiki:

Several United States politicians—including presidential candidates John Kerry, John McCain, Michele Bachmann, and Mitt Romney—have been criticized by civil rights leaders, the media, and fellow politicians for using the "tar baby" metaphor.[18][19] An article in The New Republic argued that people are "unaware that some consider it to have a second meaning as a slur" and it "is an obscure slur, not even known to be so by a substantial proportion of the population."

Since you didn't choose to copy and paste the rest, I'll do that for you. From the same wiki:

Several United States politicians—including presidential candidates John Kerry, John McCain, Michele Bachmann, and Mitt Romney—have been criticized by civil rights leaders, the media, and fellow politicians for using the "tar baby" metaphor.[18][19] An article in The New Republic argued that people are "unaware that some consider it to have a second meaning as a slur" and it "is an obscure slur, not even known to be so by a substantial proportion of the population."

alright, i guess ill let you slide on this one then. but consider yourself on notice.

Advertisement
Back