Who would you want to replace No D next year?

Advertisement
I HATE the premise of this thread... how is it yesterday was "regime change, or bust" and now we have "well, it looks like No D is gone..." Based on WHAT?

Some weakass "sources" report that cites discord between the HC and the DC he refused to zip in the offseason-- that names no names?

A Barry Jackson report that has conflicting reports on donors/trustees at odds & cites total collapse as the only way Golden's fired--as if a collapse not already pre-ordained?

This is like the threads we saw the week after the Duke game, people deluded by a meaningless, unimpressive win. Wake the f-up people. Don't buy everything you hear.

I'm sure there are a ton of great DC's that would love to come down here and coach under this ****** for one year and get fired with him.

Replacing D'Onofrio with some other bozo to continue running the same Al Golden defense would be pointless. It doesn't fix anything.

It's this defense that is the problem, not just the man calling the plays.

Attacking 4-3/4-2-5 or GTFO.
Totally agree with u and I prefer the 4-3. But if run correctly an attacking 3-4 can be very good also

Advertisement
How would any decent DC be able to implement and fine tune a new defense when half of the NCAA-allotted practice time is unavailable because the H.B.C. thinks the team doesn't need the work?

How would any decent DC be able to implement and fine tune a new defense when half of the NCAA-allotted practice time is unavailable because the H.B.C. thinks the team doesn't need the work?

Not to mention all of the night games we will likely have to overcome next season. Pretty much an impossible job.

I HATE the premise of this thread... how is it yesterday was "regime change, or bust" and now we have "well, it looks like No D is gone..." Based on WHAT?

Some weakass "sources" report that cites discord between the HC and the DC he refused to zip in the offseason-- that names no names?

A Barry Jackson report that has conflicting reports on donors/trustees at odds & cites total collapse as the only way Golden's fired--as if a collapse not already pre-ordained?

This is like the threads we saw the week after the Duke game, people deluded by a meaningless, unimpressive win. Wake the f-up people. Don't buy everything you hear.

Why so serious homie? What the f else we have talk about it? Just play along, dang. If he go for a position coach, I say T-rob from fla.

I'm sure there are a ton of great DC's that would love to come down here and coach under this ****** for one year and get fired with him.

LULZ and true.

I'm sure Pat Narduzzi would relish the idea of leaving State to come here and run a bend, but don't break Al Grohden 3-4.

Advertisement
May as well just hire Al Groh for all the difference it's going to make.

dammit...ninja'd by Ibis!

Advertisement
Now that I think about it, this will most likely be Al's next hire if D'Ono gets the axe...

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/anthony_poindexter_880853.html

^^^^^
This has Al Golden written all over it. Poindexter played on the Virginia Cavaliers football team from 1995 to 1998. Guess who was a Grad Assistant during the same time? You got it, this guy:

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
The issues this team has runs deeper than a defensive coordinator. It really doesn't matter who is chosen. If the scheme stays then nothing will change. Golden has made some decent moves to his staff, like getting Larry Scott and promoting Hurlie Brown as well as mending the booker t issues and getting Ice Harris on board. I'm not saying he can pick coordinators and coaches with the best of them but if he does his homework and scraps the scheme and makes a decent hire it could, very unlikely, save his ***.

Advertisement
Again: as horrid as the D is, the special teams and offense are statistically worse. How does just firing D'OntKnow solve those issues?

We'd still have a head coach that blamed night games for losses, thanked his players for trying hard after back-to-back losses that knocked them out of the Costal race, and cancels practice after losses.

He's a born loser. Stop trying to delay the inevitable.

Are we also going to replace the entire offensive staff? The offense has had one good game against a really good D in Golden's tenure.

Dave Aranda from Wisconsin. He runs an attacking 3-4 defense that is based on bringing 4 man pressure on every down from all over the field. He has had a top 15 defense for the last 5 years at three different schools. Currently he has the nations 8th best defense at Wisconsin, using big old farm boys, in a defense he designed to be based on speed and movement not size, so imagine what he would do at miami.

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2014/10/7/6906981/wisconsin-northwestern-recap-justin-jackson-michael-caputo-badgers-defense

He is in his last year of his contract at Wisconsin and they had to break the bank to pay him $480k, so if UM offers $550k-$600k he is ours.

Go Canes

[video=youtube_share;jT-5oINZS0E]http://youtu.be/jT-5oINZS0E[/video]

[video=youtube_share;KY8Xn1u_b9M]http://youtu.be/KY8Xn1u_b9M[/video]

He would be a great hire.

I suggested his successor at Utah State, Todd Orlando, earlier in this thread. But, Aranda would be even better. Runs a great, attacking defense. The front 7 in his defense is a joy to watch.

Advertisement
Back