Who would you want to replace No D next year?

shayleon

Sophomore
Realistic possibilities of somebody in your opinion Golden would seek to successfully coach his 3-4 defense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Replacing D'Onofrio with some other bozo to continue running the same Al Golden defense would be pointless. It doesn't fix anything.

It's this defense that is the problem, not just the man calling the plays.

Attacking 4-3/4-2-5 or GTFO.

I think having to fire his boyfriend will be a wake-up call. We all know this is Foldens defense but I think he uses No D as a scape goat, kicks him to the curb and changes the scheme.

#wishfulthinking?

I usually hate threads like this but this seems to be almost certain to happen. I've said that Al will be here for next season but the recent news seems to point towards No D getting canned.

What I don't want to see happen is bringing in a positional coach who has no experience ala Robinson from UF. I like what Tyson Summers has done at UCF even though he's only done it for a few years. Young, hungry, and really aggressive.

Advertisement
I am not even entertaining the idea of No D replacement, least not at this point. The focus is squarely on Golden, he chose to get testy and defend No D and give him free reign on D. It is he who should be replaced, and until its confirmed he wont be nothing else matters.

If Golden insists on continuing to run a 3-4 defense, he needs to bite the bullet and switch to the Phillips 3-4 one gap defense, which suits our roster and recruit type better than that read and react patty cake two gap cluster**** Doritos runs.

Advertisement
Will golden be able to hand total control over to a competent DC?
If not then we have accomplished nothing.

Advertisement
Assuming Golden stays, and wants to stick with the 3-4, I would say Todd Orlando the DC at Utah State would be someone I would look at. But, I would hope he would scrap the 3-4 completely.

Assuming Golden stays, and wants to stick with the 3-4, I would say Todd Orlando the DC at Utah State would be someone I would look at. But, I would hope he would scrap the 3-4 completely.

It has nothing to do with 3-4 or 4-3

We played mostly 4-3 against GT and they still sucked.

Advertisement
Anyone who thinks this is a 4-3 vs 3-4 problem doesn't know football. The issue with Al and D is that their defense does not attack. There are plenty of 3-4 attacking defenses throughout college and the NFL.

This will be a huge step in his development/lack of development as a coach.

Can he do what is necessary? Can he swallow his pride, adjust, and trust someone to run the D.

We all can agree that Golden is a decent face for the program. He just really needs ace assistants.

If he can't make these necessary changes, dude needs to kick rocks.

Advertisement
Back