Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Greg Schiano

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Sonny Dykes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
First and foremost, Miami needs Blake James replaced by a well-respected AD with the full financial support of the BOT. The school’s public image is trashed, and probably worse in the back channels.

Even if someone like Zo was brought in as a ‘Football GM‘ you’d still Blake out of the way and require the proper support of the BOT.

Amongst College Coaches, for me, in order:
1) Mario
2) Fickell
3) Allen

Amongst Former NFL Head Coaches in order:
1) Dan Quinn
2) Doug Petersen
3) Doug Marrone

Allen? As in Tom Allen? Interesting. Care to elaborate why? Never really thought about him as an option.

Advertisement
Butch is the most proven program builder out of anyone on this list. The disrespect of not including him yet Herman (LOL) is an option.

Give me someone that understands the importance of the trenches and physicality. I would be very happy with Mario or Stoops.

total career…….. wins and losses
MARIO Cristobal. Record 56-58
Lane Kiffin. Record 69- 40
Hugh Freeze record 63-40
Luke Fickle record 44-22
Bill O’Brien record 53-48
mark stoops.record 53-50

Last edited:
LCE - seems like you & @gogeta4 arent digging Mario.

Whom would be 1a & 1b for you?

Do you have that old list from 3 years ago & any relevant names from that list?
I’ve never been too much of a Cristobal guy, I think he’s a good coach & a good recruiter but I don’t really see too many scenarios where coming to Miami would make sense for him.

Unless he just really wanted to coach down here there’d be no reason for him to leave a much better situation in Oregon than to come down here, he has actual support from his Admin, he’s got unlimited booster money from Phil Knight & Northwest Nike Mafia up there & most importantly he doesn’t have to deal with any adversity or push back from media/fans etc up there in Eugene, they are willing to give him as much time as he needs & he won’t feel any heat at all. If he came to Miami he’d be on the hot seat after year 2 & would have everybody on his back if he didn’t win right away...

Plus, just look at the success he’s had since going to Oregon, why would he leave a successful program that he helped rejuvenate post Chip Kelly era only to come down to the **** whole in Coral Gables & deal with a BOT & Admin that doesn’t give two fcks about Football & literally only does the bare minimum just so they can keep status quo & spend the rest of their time on the Yacht & the Golf course? He’d be insane to leave Oregon to come Miami unless we triple his salary which we all know **** well they wouldn’t do that...

Advertisement
Allen? As in Tom Allen? Interesting. Care to elaborate why? Never really thought about him as an option.
Yes, Tom Allen.

- Has recruited Florida well. His entire secondary are all Miami rejects or lightly recruited.
- Plays competitive games & very disciplined team. Very physical teams. Defensive coach.
- Spent a lot of time coaching high school and seems to understand kids & how to develop them.
- He is an Indiana boy & fairly cheap $3.9 million. Big 10 network. o-line/d-line.
- I just feel like he has Indiana as competitive as they can be or will ever be in that conference.

Bill Clark would make a ton of sense, but he isn't the kind of guy that wins the press conference.

I would take Fickell, but honestly: He's USCs to lose.

Freeze and Kiffin are guys that would eventually do something stupid, something that would cripple the program for years to come after they leave. I'm not with being right back at square one, after winning for a minute. That's stupid. I want a sustainable product.

Stoops and Cristobal are likely choices, because "Miami Guy Bro". I'll take Stoops over Cristobal, he has a lower bust potential. Stoops seems to get the most out of guys that aren't overly talented. I'll take that over the guy that can only recruit with a bottomless budget, yet underachieves.
Freeze - the guy who used his work phone to call hookers. If you're not smart enough to use a burner, I don't know what to tell ya.

Attachments

• 4856E468-A51A-4C5E-AD86-2B51380ECF05.jpeg
    4856E468-A51A-4C5E-AD86-2B51380ECF05.jpeg
    828 KB · Views: 25
Advertisement
I’ve never been too much of a Cristobal guy, I think he’s a good coach & a good recruiter but I don’t really see too many scenarios where coming to Miami would make sense for him.

Unless he just really wanted to coach down here there’d be no reason for him to leave a much better situation in Oregon than to come down here, he has actual support from his Admin, he’s got unlimited booster money from Phil Knight & Northwest Nike Mafia up there & most importantly he doesn’t have to deal with any adversity or push back from media/fans etc up there in Eugene, they are willing to give him as much time as he needs & he won’t feel any heat at all. If he came to Miami he’d be on the hot seat after year 2 & would have everybody on his back if he didn’t win right away...

Plus, just look at the success he’s had since going to Oregon, why would he leave a successful program that he helped rejuvenate post Chip Kelly era only to come down to the **** whole in Coral Gables & deal with a BOT & Admin that doesn’t give two fcks about Football & literally only does the bare minimum just so they can keep status quo & spend the rest of their time on the Yacht & the Golf course? He’d be insane to leave Oregon to come Miami unless we triple his salary which we all know **** well they wouldn’t do that...
All valid, fine sir!!

This.. All this! Mario would be fawkin insane to come to miami

Advertisement
No option for Clawson or Butch?

Brady and Fickel would be huge home runs, but are pipe dreams. I think you need to go all in on Cristobal, he checks all the boxes. After that maybe Fleck or Kiffin and then you get to the B team, Stoops, Schiano, etc. They do not need to fire James, because it is pretty clear he would have little to do with the decision on the next coach. They should fire him.

Advertisement
Back