Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Greg Schiano

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Sonny Dykes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chadwell has less of a chance of being hired here than Urban Meyer

I’m not saying they will get hired here, we don’t have progressive thinkers to do a task like that let alone a fan base that would see it that way.

They just fit the bill of coaches to the post I replied too.

Advertisement
5077E0D9-6DBB-41B0-B259-A3520A73441B.jpeg

Slurpers in cis wanting to keep Manny.

Pipe dream right here that would cost a lot of money to get going... but I really think its what we need to do so we can matter again, show everyone me mean business.

AD: Highsmith
HC: Cristobal
OC: Ponce
OL: Mirabal
WR: Likens
RB: Hickson/Seider
TE/ST: Hartley

DC: Muschamp
DL: Simpson
ILB: Muschamp
OLB: Aristide
DBs: Robinson
CB: VanDyke?

Im guessing this will cost 9 million a year. 🤣🤣🤣

Schiano should get a serious interview.

Just my opinion and I’m sure to get a lot of hate here but I do believe he’s a better coach than Mario.

No nonsense coach that knows football and works hard.

If you want a smart disciplined team, I think this is the guy that is more realistic than a lot of the other coaches on the list.
He's a Clown...

Advertisement
Jimmy was 29-25-1 before Miami
Dennis was 50-31-1 before Miami

Both were innovators of their time in different ways.. one on offense and one on defense. Jimmy liked the pro style offense here before him and it propelled him to the next level. Dennis liked the 4-3 defense and paired it with his spread offense and it took him to another level.

Butch identified and recruited better than anyone.

Find someone doing something different or better than someone else.
It wasn't Offense that propelled JJ....it was his attacking defense that did....

Dave Clawson is becoming more intriguing to me. I'll stick with Hafley as a favorite target. To hit the ground running we need someone who can fix our jacked up culture and equally trash trenches asap.

It wasn't Offense that propelled JJ....it was his attacking defense that did....
Right he was an innovator on defense but kept the offense that was installed here before him. Not what he was running at Oklahoma state. Perfect match that took him to the next level paired with the 4-3 defense and Miami athletes

Then Dennis came and kept the 4-3 defense and put in the spread offense

Advertisement
Right he was an innovator on defense but kept the offense that was installed here before him. Not what he was running at Oklahoma state. Perfect match that took him to the next level paired with the 4-3 defense and Miami athletes

Then Dennis came and kept the 4-3 defense and put in the spread offense
Yeah....he kept Schnellenberger's offense pretty much...and having Gary Stevens as OC...A key holdover from 4 previous yrs certainly helped...

One thing with coaching is outside of Saban- no one is the hit or miss guy. All these coaches on the list have done good or great jobs at their schools overall. They have all also lost some head scratchers. That’s college football. Every time a game like Stanford upsetting Oregon occurs it becomes “see, Mario sucks”. Just an example, Im not all that sold on Mario.

At the end of it all, the ACC sucks. It’s beatable year in and year out. Just please get the one guy who has a record of being fundamentally sound, because guess what? Outside of Clemson, no one is more talented than us in the ACC. SO get a guy that comes in and teaches FUNDAMENTALLY sound football, disciplined football, and doesn’t try to force a scheme on his players, but instead, takes the players he has and builds the best scheme. You can start cranking out 10 win regular seasons each year with our talent playing fundamentally sound. Sure there will be upsets but if we know each year that 10 wins is the likely outcome? Then we start building it from there and eventually talent picks up, the players get better and the culture sets in and eventually you start competing for playoff spots.

What we are all tired of seeing is awful fundamentals. Schemes that don’t work and put us at a disadvantage. Schemes that are forced on players. Bad players playing over younger better players. All that stuff is fixable right now, but the staff is too stubborn. Just like Richt, just like Golden, just like Shannon. The day a coach is willing to put his pride aside and just win by any means will be the day we start rolling.

Advertisement
realistically, prolly only Mario in terms of proven guys.

Exactly. MAYBE somebody like Kiffin would have some interest. But the list of high-floor coaches who are realistic and would have genuine interest is very small. Mario has got to be at the top of that list. He's not the world's greatest football coach, as the Stanford game proved to us again, he has a penchant for pulling defeats out of the jaws of victory. It's certainly concerning. But as I mentioned, he is a high-floor coach. I know we're not going to be a complete joke under him. Can we win a Natty? I don't know. But we won't be a joke program. At this point, after 20 years, I'll take that.

Exactly. MAYBE somebody like Kiffin would have some interest. But the list of high-floor coaches who are realistic and would have genuine interest is very small. Mario has got to be at the top of that list. He's not the world's greatest football coach, as the Stanford game proved to us again, he has a penchant for pulling defeats out of the jaws of victory. It's certainly concerning. But as I mentioned, he is a high-floor coach. I know we're not going to be a complete joke under him. Can we win a Natty? I don't know. But we won't be a joke program. At this point, after 20 years, I'll take that.

I don't see lane leaving the SEC for here. hes making 4.5 base right now at Ole Miss. I just don't see it. hes int he better conference and more money backing him there

Advertisement
I don't see lane leaving the SEC for here. hes making 4.5 base right now at Ole Miss. I just don't see it. hes int he better conference and more money backing him there

MUCH easier path to success here. He doesn't have to play Alabama every year if he's at Miami. Much better place to live. Familiar with the area. If the money was equal, I could see him leaving Ole Miss for Miami. It's possible, IMO. He knows he has absolutely no shot to win anything of significance at Ole Miss while Saban is alive.

If you listen to Manny Navarro's latest podcast, his sidekick talks about Mario and how he does not believe that he will come due to what a great gig hes got and pride -- being passed on by UM previously.

I know their can be financial restrictions from school to school but I put the most stock in:

1. Has a head coach proven that he knows how to build out a staff

2. What successful coaches has he learned under

3. What is his recruiting track record, especially as a position coach

4. Do his teams play sound with minimal mistakes

Based on these criteria the list has to include

Mario
Lane Kiffin
Bill OBrien

MUCH easier path to success here. He doesn't have to play Alabama every year if he's at Miami. Much better place to live. Familiar with the area. If the money was equal, I could see him leaving Ole Miss for Miami. It's possible, IMO. He knows he has absolutely no shot to win anything of significance at Ole Miss while Saban is alive.

but he won't win anything here either if Nick is still at Alabama either. also, hes basically a lock to get the Manning kid

Advertisement
Back