Who would we realistically get as hc

Advertisement
I keep seeing Kiffin's name tossed around.

Thing is, he recruits like a monster... and if he hired a dream team staff...

HC: L. Kiffin
OC: D. Yost
OL: A. Mirabal
WR: T. Taylor
RB: J. Seider
TE: T. Hartley

I could see it working.

Advertisement
It just depends how much money we want to throw at it (assuming Manny goes, and Manny isnt going unless there is a new AD).

We could get almost anyone with money.

Mario would probably be Miami's 1st pick, he kind of fits their M.O.

My 1st pick of "realistic" coaches would be Mike Gundy.

We could get various up and coming coaches without a doubt.

Manny probably isnt leaving, imo the real question is what OC can we get. I like Mark Helfrich.

Navy is 8-2. Let's hire Ken Niumatalolo.

With a backfield of Lingard, Knighton, Davis, and Chaney, let's just abandon this pro-style BS offense and go with a triple option offense. Dallas probably isn't going to the NFL with his hurt elbow so after he gets healthy can be a QB competition between him and Martell. Also, that Polynesian pipeline would be wide open and we'd be getting some crazy good talent.

It is a race to the bottom on CI. Porster after porster after porster making porst after porst after porst.

Again, since it isn’t clear yet, if you’re suggesting coaches or firing them, you don’t understand where the actual problems are with the program. All your attention should be towards the admin, BOT, Blake James and getting rid of the chit that makes up our athletic department.
geez why dont people see this, the top is the problem

Advertisement
I personally think that Fleck would absolutely kill it here. Dynamic personality (not the fake bravado bull**** that Manny totes), and think he would be a dynamic recruiter. He's also has a track record of actually being a head coach and getting results.

Think it would be a James-Frank-to-PSU type of hire.
He just signed a 7 year $33.25million extension with a $10million dollar buyout last week.

Advertisement
Question is are we fans gonna give anybody the university hires as a hc a chance if the team doesn't look good from game 1.secondly this scenario won't take place for another year or two at the most.third are you gonna show support to the current players who are putting on that uniform.I'm as disgusted as anyone about this **** show but I'm still a cane fan and I'm not going away.

Navy is 8-2. Let's hire Ken Niumatalolo.

With a backfield of Lingard, Knighton, Davis, and Chaney, let's just abandon this pro-style BS offense and go with a triple option offense. Dallas probably isn't going to the NFL with his hurt elbow so after he gets healthy can be a QB competition between him and Martell. Also, that Polynesian pipeline would be wide open and we'd be getting some crazy good talent.
Hooyah Navy!

I am a United States Sailor.

I will support and defend The Constitution of The United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me.

I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy, and those who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world.

I proudly serve my country's Navy combat team with Honor, Courage, and Commitment.

I am committed to excellence and the fair treatment of all.

Again, where is this abundance of head coaches lining up to take over this program? Time for people to accept this gig isn't as desirable as our fans think it is.

Schiano didn't want it in 2007, when Shannon fell upwards into the role—and when Golden took it, guys like Edsall and Trestman were the other names thrown around.

Post-Golden, Richt signed on as an alum as he was up for one last go-around when Georgia parted ways with him—but again, no one else was interested in the job.

Outside of Mike Leach's name tossed around years back—a quirky outlier who's offense works with a next-level quarterback (Minshew) and doesn't without, while he has never given two ***** about defense—again, minimal interest from any for the Miami job.

Look at Florida State; a state school with a big budget and boosters who write checks. Had to settle on Willie Taggart and despite firing the man weeks ago, absolutely striking out in their coaching search. Also the same reason aTm paid Jimbo Fisher a mint and poached him from FSU; because there aren't a slew of proven coaches out there ready to make moves.

Same to be said for a lot of these second tier guys at smaller schools that seem ready to go next-level—a Matt Campbell, or others like him. Staying put until the right gig comes up; a la Tom Herman leaving Houston for Texas.

Most of these guys coach college ball as they love the collegiate experience—which Miami doesn't offer; a pro sports town mentality, ready to run off a first-year guy before season one is even in the books—taking no consideration of the state of the program he took over. Hardly a ringing endorsement for UM if they can Diaz after 12 games—as no quality guy is going to uproot his life for nine months to fix a program.

Matt Rhule went 1-11 and 7-6 at Baylor before turning things around year three—having taken over a program that was 11-2, 11-2 and 10-3 the year before he took over.

I'm not saying Diaz is the next Rhule. Manny may very well be a bust, but you don't figure that out year one. Even if you lack confidence in him, a guy is going to at least get a second year—and most a third.

Florida State pulled the trigger on Willie late in year two; and is now on the hook to pay out the *** for him, with a cash-poor athletic department now begging boosters for money to help with a new hire .... while getting turned down but the likes of Bob Stoops and no quality candidates in the pipeline. (Won't be shocked if FSU winds up promoting Briles from within if they strike out elsewhere, instead of the HCIW title they want to give him when bringing in someone else to restore order.)

A lot of parity and competition on today's game. College football head coaching hirings have become a game of opposite musical chairs; not a ton of guys out there ready to make the leap and a lot of empty seats.
Dude, dude you're making too much sense and using too much reason here. Especially with the Matt Rhule part. Most of the people you're referring to ain't Cane fans anyway. They're just here to stir the 💩

Advertisement
Fickell, Norvell, Heupel. My search wouldn’t make it much further than that. The latter 2 I would need to need a good DC follow them. Fickell I would need to see an good upcoming OC in the works.

If somehow we could manage to pull a P5 assistant I would be looking at Venables and Tony Elliot and not much else.

There’s always a legit P5 HC looking for the next thing. I’m sure there’s a guy out there but you’re not gonna find him by holding a 6 hour coaching search only to hire a guy that was already on staff and never leaving campus to find him.

Question is are we fans gonna give anybody the university hires as a hc a chance if the team doesn't look good from game 1.secondly this scenario won't take place for another year or two at the most.third are you gonna show support to the current players who are putting on that uniform.I'm as disgusted as anyone about this **** show but I'm still a cane fan and I'm not going away.
The fans will. The others? Not a chance. If the guy doesn't come in averaging 45-50 pts and win 10 games from the rip it ain't happening.

Advertisement
Back