Who would Take Bronco over Manny...

Babers went 4-8, 4-8, 10-3. So two horrendous seasons before his 10 win season. Syracuse had the patience because, well, it's Syracuse football. I GUARANTEE that at Miami he would be canned after year 2 if he went two seasons in a row at 4-8.

The problem with Diaz is that the team looks totally unprepared despite having talent advantage in all but 1 game, whereas Syracuse's poor record likely has a lot to do with the talent level.
If you're talking about us being prepared against Bethune, we didn't look prepared in that game, at all. Remember, it was 14-0 well into the second quarter before we exploded. At one point they showed Manny on the sideline and he looked clueless as to why we weren't burying Bethune. It was simple. We were not prepared.

Advertisement
Really worth hiring an average coach for some Samoans

Lol;

Average coach this mutha fcka says. Lol Like who in the fck even know wtf an avg coach is around here, when we been sullied by below avg coaches?

An Avg coach that goes 99-43 at BYU and 39-9 in conference play. L-O-L! Oh, oh, oh, but wait there’s more about his stint at BYU; prior to Bronco taking over the job at BYU, his predecessor went 26-23 there, including his final 3 yrs going 14-21.

Then Bronco takes over a UVA program headed by Mike London that went a ravishing 27-46 during his tenure, including going over .500 one time. So what does Bronco do? Go 2-10 first yr. (Sucks). Goes 6-7 yr two. (What a hack). Goes 8-5 yr 3 (eye brows raising). Now has them 4-1 and Corstal favorite AND Top 25. So he turned around a **** poor program in literally 3 yrs, but he’s avg?? Lol.

Yeah, if he could turn around two programs w limited resources, recruiting foot print, w a bunch of 2/3 star guys, imagine what he could do here....and maybe our interior lines will become a bit tougher w the Polynesian connection.

Lol. I take that avg mutha fcka 10/10 here. Maybe we’ll finally become a tough team again.

Mendenhall went 2-10 in year 1 and 6-7 in year 2. CiS would have fired him long before now.

Apples and Oranges.

If he inherited a team w/ as much talent we have here and go 2-10, yep. I already posted, but go and look at what tricky boy Mike London did at UVA. Truly amazing how he truly fcked up that program. Our problem has been complete coaching incompetence, but b/c we have talent, we can some how out talent ppl to 7-8 wins. Go look at the level where UVA had been recruiting at v. us and you'll see why he went 2-10 yr one. He's had steadily increased their wins each year.

I don't think some of the posters on here realize that not all things are equal. We have been labeled as gross under achievers for a while now.

Last edited:
If by chance Manny should do so poorly, perhaps Miami hires a new AD? I'm not sure what the record would have to be for that to happen, but 5-7 seems about right to me. Some have said that Manny was hired under the pretence that Miami was not a rebuild, are we 100% sure of that? I havent seen a quote on that. Anyways, should a new AD be hired all bets are off on Manny staying. Mike Gundy would be my first phone call. He's been offered the Tennessee job 3 times, and this last time he seems to have regretted not taking it. He just got a first hand lesson in David Yost offense by the way. Miami could be a huge upgrade for both of them and all they'd need is a great OL coach to be instantly competitive. Charlie Strong as DC with Vance Bedford at DBs is the only pipe dream scenario imo. If I'm the AD and being completely honest, there's almost nothing Manny can do for me right now not to fire him this season should Gundy say yes. Unless Manny goes 8-4 and looks really good doing it, he's a dead man to me, and Gundy is one of the better coaches in America, plus he's got almost everything I'm looking for in a splash hire that gives my team instant buzz and credibility.

Advertisement
If by chance Manny should do so poorly, perhaps Miami hires a new AD? I'm not sure what the record would have to be for that to happen, but 5-7 seems about right to me. Some have said that Manny was hired under the pretence that Miami was not a rebuild, are we 100% sure of that? I havent seen a quote on that. Anyways, should a new AD be hired all bets are off on Manny staying. Mike Gundy would be my first phone call. He's been offered the Tennessee job 3 times, and this last time he seems to have regretted not taking it. He just got a first hand lesson in David Yost offense by the way. Miami could be a huge upgrade for both of them and all they'd need is a great OL coach to be instantly competitive. Charlie Strong as DC with Vance Bedford at DBs is the only pipe dream scenario imo. If I'm the AD and being completely honest, there's almost nothing Manny can do for me right now not to fire him this season should Gundy say yes. Unless Manny goes 8-4 and looks really good doing it, he's a dead man to me, and Gundy is one of the better coaches in America, plus he's got almost everything I'm looking for in a splash hire that gives my team instant buzz and credibility.
A real AD would already be making these calls behind the scenes. Doing your job means anticipating the likely scenarios and planning ahead.

I've also never been of the belief that a coach automatically gets a certain number of years to sort it out. In Europe and South America, even new coaches get sacked after 10 abysmal games in a row. I've never had a problem with that.

Staff I'd fight for should Manny get fired.
HC: Mike Gundy
OC: David Yost
OL: Alex Mirabal
RB: Jujuan Seider
WR: ?
TE: Todd Hartley

A real AD would already be making these calls behind the scenes. Doing your job means anticipating the likely scenarios and planning ahead.

I've also never been of the belief that a coach automatically gets a certain number of years to sort it out. In Europe and South America, even new coaches get sacked after 10 abysmal games in a row. I've never had a problem with that.
AC Milan is experiencing that right now. Ive never agreed that a coach is guaranteed 5 years, I always say you have to coach for the next season and mediocre with hype will get you 3 years max. But, one of the big reasons I didnt want Manny is I knew the fans would turn faster because he was apart of the last staff and is partially to blame for some of the things that went on. I think you are absolutely right about what a good AD would do. This isnt to say we should just burn through coaches, but its kind of like Ronaldo being available for Juve on transfer, if he's available you do it. If a top coach wants your job, you take it even if it means burning a 6-6 up and coming coach. If Manny goes 6-6, he'll get another chance somewhere, especially as a DC.

Advertisement
1570649733008.png

AC Milan is experiencing that right now. Ive never agreed that a coach is guaranteed 5 years, I always say you have to coach for the next season and mediocre with hype will get you 3 years max. But, one of the big reasons I didnt want Manny is I knew the fans would turn faster because he was apart of the last staff and is partially to blame for some of the things that went on. I think you are absolutely right about what a good AD would do. This isnt to say we should just burn through coaches, but its kind of like Ronaldo being available for Juve on transfer, if he's available you do it. If a top coach wants your job, you take it even if it means burning a 6-6 up and coming coach. If Manny goes 6-6, he'll get another chance somewhere, especially as a DC.
The bottom line is that most coaches aren't going to give you much different results. The vast majority of them could win you anywhere from 4-8 games. The really bad ones will lose more.

But it's the gems who can take you from 8 or 9 to 10 or 11 every year. That's a plus coach. And if you can get one, you do. To **** with giving a coach "more time" when you can get a proven commodity.

Last edited:
A good coach and staff will show you something early. Even if you are complete dog****, there will be something positive to give you belief, to hang your hat on. Brevin Jordan is the only player on this entire team who looks better than last year. Individuals and units have regressed. New starters look lost. I have no reason to believe the same staff will have us in a better spot in two years.

Advertisement
The bottom line is that most coaches aren't going to give you much different results. The vast majority of them could win you anywhere from 4-8 games. The really bad ones will lost more.

But it's the gems who can take you from 8 or 9 to 10 or 11 every year. That's a plus coach. And if you can get one, you do. To **** with giving a coach "more time" when you can get a proven commodity.
Exactly.

Miami is so wildly inconsistent, I have no idea what will happen on Saturday, nothing would surprise me really, but if I had to guess we'll have poor OL play, at least 1 INT from Perry, a lot of penalties on the O & D, ST that arent special and finally, some just okay 3rd down defense. Not sure how to pull out the win with that against a pretty darn good VA team. I think you can expect those things for the rest of the season, and probably going into next season should they not start to drastically improve.

Give me the coach that has a proven track record of putting a good team out there every year.

A good coach and staff will show you something early. Even if you are complete dog****, there will be something positive to give you belief, to hang your hat on. Brevin Jordan is the only player on this entire team who looks better than last year. Individuals and units have regressed. New starters look lost. I have no reason to believe the same staff will have us in a better spot in two years.

@JeddTheFisch, you’re on fire! There’s nothing he can do that shows me he’s going to right the ship, in the near future. Let’s cut our losses now. Coaching is not good at all and We are a horrible team, seriously we look like Rutgers.

I agree that this staff will not get us there, but Manny still has a job to do, and I'm not selling him short after 5 games.

Advertisement
Apples and Oranges.

If he inherited a team w/ as much talent we have here and go 2-10, yep. I already posted, but go and look at what tricky boy Mike London did at UVA. Truly amazing how he truly fcked up that program. Our problem has been complete coaching incompetence, but b/c we have talent, we can some how out talent ppl to 7-8 wins. Go look at the level where UVA had been recruiting at v. us and you'll see why he went 2-10 yr one. He's had steadily increased their wins each year.

I don't think some of the posters on here realize that not all things are equal. We have been labeled as gross under achievers for a while now.
Lmao when you said Apples & Oranges.....youre dismissed.

Please try to post things that are relevant and actually make sense.

Or you can just continue to feed to helpless with that nonsense.

Never forget Bronco mendenhall, with a poor passing qb, ran for over 500 yards against a Manny Diaz defense while he was at Texas.
Excellent point....then Manny got let go, moved on, and actually realized what it took to run a great defense at Miami....oh by the way that took time for him as well.

So, there's my point again.

HC: Mike Gundy
OC: David Yost
DC/AHC: Charlie Strong
I would never down vote that.....

But by year two (even with the current roster) I guarantee you guys are calling for their head if we're not ranked top 15.....

I mean I literally guarantee that

I would never down vote that.....

But by year two (even with the current roster) I guarantee you guys are calling for their head if we're not ranked top 15.....

I mean I literally guarantee that
You cant say that about me, and I dont speak for everyone else.

Advertisement
Back