Who Would be Your Choice for HC, DC, OC?

Advertisement
73 job openings since Butch Davis has been out of work. Seventy three. Got one interview with Florida International. The only job he could get was being an analyst on ESPN23.

But yes, I'm sure Miami will be tripping over themselves to hire him.

He wants to come be a recruiting coordinator? Sure, why not. But the dude is never coaching at the professional level in any capacity ever again. He's done.

Also, 15-17 in his career in the ACC. "The Savior"
You couldn't be more wrong. Part of his severance with UNC was that he couldn't take another HC job over the course of a number of years. It was never disclosed exactly how many though.

/negged

Impossible to answer the OP's question without knowing who's going to be available (outside of the guys working as commentators/analysts right now).

I'll say this....despite what seems like a large contingent of this board's favorite at this point, I'm really hoping it's not Butch. I'm hoping we can do better.

It really feels to me like many of you have forgotten how bad a gameday coach Butch was and how conservative he is/was. Could he have improved with experience? Possibly....but I'll reiiterate he would NOT be my first choice.

If we're going to take someone in that mold I'd prefer Schiano, just as an example. In a perfect world we find a young, aggressive offensive mind who's intelligent enough to surround himself with a good tactical DC. It wasn't that long ago that someone like a Marc Trestman was available, coaching in the Canadian league...so these types do exist. Find me the next Trestman.

Advertisement
Butch Davis, period. No other attainable coach out there is as proven as Davis is. After 3 disaster hires in a row we need someone who is proven. Hire Butch and let the man pick who he wants but here are some I would like to see:

HC: Butch Davis
OC: James Coley
QB/RB: Ken Dorsey
WR: Kevin Beard
OL:????
TE: Brennan Carroll
DC: Let Butch Pick
DL: Kevin Patrick
LB/ST: Vernon Hargreaves or Michael Barrow and give ST to someone else
DB: ????

DB RUMPH OR T ROB if he would take the job.. OL ?

I think we should keep ice harris as rb coach

Except, taking another HC job at most of those openings would have paid him more than the $600K/year UNC was obligated to pay him NOT to coach.

73 job openings since Butch Davis has been out of work. Seventy three. Got one interview with Florida International. The only job he could get was being an analyst on ESPN23.

He wants to come be a recruiting coordinator? Sure, why not. But the dude is never coaching at the professional level in any capacity ever again. He's done.

You couldn't be more wrong. Part of his severance with UNC was that he couldn't take another HC job over the course of a number of years. It was never disclosed exactly how many though.

/negged

Advertisement
Except, taking another HC job at most of those openings would have paid him more than the $600K/year UNC was obligated to pay him NOT to coach.

/negged

OK :stephenahand:

Heach Coach - Greg Schiano
Offensive Coordinator/TEs-Rob Chudzinski
Oline-Joaquin Gonzalez
QB Coach- Ken Dorsey
WRs- Lamar Thomas
RBs- Damien Berry
Defensive Coordinator- Butch Davis
LBs- Randy Shannon
Dline-Rubin Carter
Dbacks-Phillip Bucahnon