Who Would be Your Choice for HC, DC, OC?

HC: Dylan
OC: Dylan
DC: Dylanr

HC: ANYONE NOT NAMED AL GOLDEN

OC: ANYONE NOT NAMED JAMES COLEY

DC: ANYONE WILLING TO MMURDER DORITOS

Advertisement
73 job openings since Butch Davis has been out of work. Seventy three. Got one interview with Florida International. The only job he could get was being an analyst on ESPN23.

But yes, I'm sure Miami will be tripping over themselves to hire him.

He wants to come be a recruiting coordinator? Sure, why not. But the dude is never coaching at the professional level in any capacity ever again. He's done.

Also, 15-17 in his career in the ACC. "The Savior"

Advertisement
73 job openings since Butch Davis has been out of work. Seventy three. Got one interview with Florida International. The only job he could get was being an analyst on ESPN23.

He wants to come be a recruiting coordinator? Sure, why not. But the dude is never coaching at the professional level in any capacity ever again. He's done.

Its a whole nostalgia thing with Butch. Love him but shouldnt be a HC of major program anymore.

Its a whole nostalgia thing with Butch. Love him but shouldnt be a HC of major program anymore.

But you don't get it man, he won games 15 years ago here. That guarantees a championship. He was so successful after leaving Miami right? I mean Super Bowls? National Titles? Not fired in disgrace twice?

But you don't get it man, he won games 15 years ago here. That guarantees a championship. He was so successful after leaving Miami right? I mean Super Bowls? National Titles? Not fired in disgrace twice?

...and the fanbase flew a banner for him....

...And was the architect of the greatest college football team of all time...

Advertisement

My post was a shot at the fanbase, not Butch (who will never be the HC at Miami again, despite the delusions of the mentally deficient).

That would mean something if it was still 2002. Or if he did anything at North Carolina. Or in the NFL. But he didn't.

Advertisement
This also a list of realistic choices.

HC=Butch Davis.

OC=Ken Dorsey.

DC=Frank Bush. Linebackers coach for the Rams.

Special Teams=Don Soldinger. He'll get to hang out and just recruit.

Kicking Coach=Carlos Huerta. I talked to him and he said he would do for next to nothing ala Earl Morral as QB coach in 1983.

QB Coach/Passing Game Coordinator=James Coley. Glorified graduate assistant/do nothing position where he can just recruit.

RB Coach=Ice Harris.

OL Coach=Don Mahoney. Offensive Line coach for Tennessee Volunteers.

WR Coach=Lamar Thomas.

TE Coach=Larry Scott.

D-Line Coach=Kevin Patrick.

LB Coach=Michael Barrow when he comes back from his, "sabbatical."

Secondary Coach=Hurlie Brown.

I'm not getting all this hindsight Butch backing. He took a dead UNC program that was in a worse situation than we were post-Shannon and rebuilt them in 4 years. He would've crushed people in Year 5 if it weren't for suspensions and he would take our current roster and demolish people.

HC=Butch Davis.

OC=Ken Dorsey.

Kicking Coach=Carlos Huerta. I talked to him and he said he would do for next to nothing ala Earl Morral as QB coach in 1983.

QB Coach/Passing Game Coordinator=James Coley. Glorified graduate assistant/do nothing position where he can just recruit.

RB Coach=Ice Harris.

WR Coach=Lamar Thomas.

TE Coach=Larry Scott.

I'm not getting all this hindsight Butch backing. He took a dead UNC program that was in a worse situation than we were post-Shannon and rebuilt them in 4 years. He would've crushed people in Year 5 if it weren't for suspensions and he would take our current roster and demolish people.

What connections do Frank Bush and Don Mahoney have to Butch?
A position coach on an NFL team is essentially equivalent to a college DC...he is actually closer to
becoming an NFL DC than most college DCs.

I believe Mahoney has been with Butch Jones going back to their Central Michigan days.

And I'm guessing UM is not going to pay him the same kind of salary that he is currently
earning at UT.

HC=Butch Davis.

OC=Ken Dorsey.

RB Coach=Ice Harris.

WR Coach=Lamar Thomas.

TE Coach=Larry Scott.

A position coach on an NFL team is essentially equivalent to a college DC...he is actually closer to

I believe Mahoney has been with Butch Jones going back to their Central Michigan days.

And I'm guessing UM is not going to pay him the same kind of salary that he is currently
earning at UT.

They have no connection, but Butch didn't have one with Schiano either. I put Bush up there because Butch snagged Schiano when he was a position coach in the NFl. (Secondary coach for the Chicago Bears.) I think he could do it again. Mahoney makes $355,000 a year. I would think Kehoe makes something like that. Butch would be able to sell him on more national coaching visibility than he could get with finishing 6th in the SEC. But these are all on the point that I think Butch could sway these two guys.

Advertisement

HC=Butch Davis.

OC=Ken Dorsey.

RB Coach=Ice Harris.

WR Coach=Lamar Thomas.

TE Coach=Larry Scott.

earning at UT.

They have no connection, but Butch didn't have one with Schiano either. I put Bush up there because Butch snagged Schiano when he was a position coach in the NFl. (Secondary coach for the Chicago Bears.) I think he could do it again. Mahoney makes $355,000 a year. I would think Kehoe makes something like that. Butch would be able to sell him on more national coaching visibility than he could get with finishing 6th in the SEC. But these are all on the point that I think Butch could sway these two guys.

Appreciate your response.

Schiano was a DB coach for Wannstedt, who was the HC of the Chicago Bears....so there was somewhat of a connection.
It was not much different when he hired Tommy Moffit as S&C coach....he knew Moffit from his having worked for a S&C
coach he knew during his Oklahoma State days.
I seriously doubt Kehoe makes anywhere near 355K a year at UM.
I remember his wife bragging on Grassy a few years ago that his salary doubled when he was hired at Ole Miss.
Coaching visibility is overrated.
If you're a good coach, they will find you regardless of where you coach and even how successful your team is (see Wesley
McGriff).

That would mean something if it was still 2002. Or if he did anything at North Carolina. Or in the NFL. But he didn't.

It might mean something if he did it at Miami, oh wait, he did.

A name I dont see mentioned a lot for HC positions, that I think should get some serious consideration -- Ruffin Mcneill. He's wasting his years at ECU. Someone needs to hire him

A name I dont see mentioned a lot for HC positions, that I think should get some serious consideration -- Ruffin Mcneill. He's wasting his years at ECU. Someone needs to hire him

ECU is his alma-mater.
I doubt he thinks he is wasting his time.

Advertisement
Back