Who Would be Your Choice for HC, DC, OC?

Gablescane24

Recruit
Just thought this would be fun to do given that this current staff has a couple of months left if they keep up making excuses for poor performances and are too stubborn to make adjustments to the defense that has clearly been gashed and overpowered by predominately worse players.

HC- Pat Narduzzi (Michigan St)

The first thing that we need to fix is the defense, and although I would be exstatic for anyone to take the HC job over Golden, my dream is for Narduzzi to be offered the job and accept it. His defenses are just disgusting and bad-***, playing with so much swag that we essentially lack, not to mention they bullied Mariota and co. against Oregon for a half+. I just can't stand seeing this anymore: image.jpg

What in the world is Dnofrio thinking having four guys line up against 6 offensive linemen?!? WTF are the safties doing?

OC-Lincoln Riley (East Carolina)

I thought East Carolina played well against Va Tech and that stingy defense but they always play tough against them and didn't really think too much about it. After the North Carolina game and looking at the South Carolina game, this guy can coach. Anyone who puts up 70 on a power five team should really be at least looked into, and I drool over what this guy could do with hands down better talent here in So. Fla

DC- Ron Burton (Defensive Line Coach at Michigan St)

Guy has over 21 years of coaching experience and was at Air Force for 10 years before coming over to East Lansing. Guys like Chickillo never blossomed to their full potential and this guy could do wonders with Thomas, Heurtelou, AQM, etc.

I would try and see if Coley could take an assistant job or recruiting director somewhere. His recruits well and although his offensive play calling isn't horrendous, I think the three head haunchos at the top will ultimately get wiped out at seasons' end.

Again this is not the only option I would love, obviously Butch would be great but I don't know if we can get him.

Advertisement
Lincoln Riley is a good choice, dude's offenses are breaking records every single year and he's an air raid spread guy and I think with SoFla talent and Kaaya as the triggerman it would be next to impossible to stop...I'm not so sure how I feel about making a coordinator a HC at this point though, although I love what Narduzzi does with his defenses. Especially because his philosophy is built around the old school canes 4-3. Perhaps it could work...

Advertisement
I would be solidly on board with OP's staff.

The difficulty with getting a coordinator as your HC is that it's hard to find a guy to be the opposite side coordinator. What I mean by that is that if we get Narduzzi, it will be tough to find a guy who wants to be an OC unless it's a smaller school guy that they give free reign to or it's a guy with his first crack at coordinating/play calling. I'd prefer to do the former, mostly because is want a guy in there who has experience running the offensive room, thus a guy like Riley fits well.

My question to anyone that knows for sure. Are Asst. Coaches on one year contracts, if so can the AD say to golden we are not renewing your brother in laws contract. Maybe this force AL to leave without buying him out. Does AL have it in him to stay and see his BFF leave. He would never get another DC job again and rightfully so.

Advertisement
How about for the rest of the season we just swap coaching staffs right before Kickoff. We fool our coaches into the opposing teams locker room.

Advertisement
HC - Al Golden ( can't afford the $18million buyout) but his role would be reduced to more administrative /talking head piece.

DC - Dave Aranda from Wisconsin ( he runs a true 3-4 scheme now that is based on bringing pressure on EVERY PLAY from a 4 or 5 man front) and he is in his last year of his contract with Wisconsin. Aranda also coaches LB's, which will leave open a coaching spot to bring in someone to specialize in special teams coaching like lets say a Don Soldinger. An then I would get rid of Williams and move Hurley Brown to DB coach. Pay Aranda a $600k for 4 yrs with a full balance contract buyout clause and he gets almost 90% autonomy on defensive play calling and 70% autonomy on recruit selection ( with a minium 80% of the defensive players coming from the state of miami ).

OC - Ken Dorsey , he is currently the QB coach for the Carolina Panthers an doing wonders with Cam Newton. Dorsey would be like Jedd Fisch on steriods our offense would average 45 points a game easily. An he could mask Art Kehoe's short comings until Kehoe retires. Pay him $500k with a 4 year contract with a full balance buyout.

DL coach - Kevin Patrick, is excellent technical coach an monster recruiter not to mention UM could get him cheap ($120k-$150k), he is currently making $80k at nrth Texas) to off set the salary paid to Dorsey and Aranda ($500-$600k).

Last edited:
If it were a dream scenario I would want Chip Kelly. But that isn't a real possibility. But if I would try something realistic.

Head Coach - Butch Davis

Offensive Coordinator - Lincoln Riley

Defensive Coordinator - Jim Leavitt

HC - Al Golden ( can't afford the $18million buyout) but his role would be reduced to more administrative /talking head piece.

DC - Dave Aranda from Wisconsin ( he runs a true 3-4 scheme now that is based on bringing pressure on EVERY PLAY from a 4 or 5 man front) and he is in his last year of his contract with Wisconsin. Aranda also coaches LB's, which will leave open a coaching spot to bring in someone to specialize in special teams coaching like lets say a Don Soldinger. An then I would get rid of Williams and move Hurley Brown to DB coach.

OC - Ken Dorsey , he is currently the QB coach for the Carolina Panthers an doing wonders with Cam Newton. Dorsey would be like Jedd Fisch on steriods our offense would average 45 points a game easily. An he could mask Art Kehoe's short comings until Kehoe retires.

DL coach - Kevin Patrick, is excellent technical coach an monster recruiter not to mention UM could get him cheap ($120k-$150k), he is currently making $80k at nrth Texas) to off set the salary paid to Dorsey and Aranda ($500-$600k).

Lmao at the notion Al Golden has an $18 million dollar buyout. Where do you come up with thia?

Advertisement
If it were a dream scenario I would want Chip Kelly. But that isn't a real possibility. But if I would try something realistic.

Head Coach - Butch Davis

Offensive Coordinator - Lincoln Riley

Defensive Coordinator - Jim Leavitt

This is why I've been rooting for the Eagles to lose every game. I'm a converted believer.

DC - Dave Aranda from Wisconsin ( he runs a true 3-4 scheme now that is based on bringing pressure on EVERY PLAY from a 4 or 5 man front) and he is in his last year of his contract with Wisconsin. Aranda also coaches LB's, which will leave open a coaching spot to bring in someone to specialize in special teams coaching like lets say a Don Soldinger. An then I would get rid of Williams and move Hurley Brown to DB coach.

OC - Ken Dorsey , he is currently the QB coach for the Carolina Panthers an doing wonders with Cam Newton. Dorsey would be like Jedd Fisch on steriods our offense would average 45 points a game easily. An he could mask Art Kehoe's short comings until Kehoe retires.

Lmao at the notion Al Golden has an $18 million dollar buyout. Where do you come up with thia?

Al golden is under contract until 2020 and he has a full balance buyout so at $3.5 million a year X 5 years = $17 m +/- $1m depending on when it is done.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2011/11/um-extends-al-goldens-contract-through-2020.html

Go Canes

Last edited:
HC: Mark Stoops

OC: Kendal Briles (Art Briles son/Baylor's passing game coordinator and Big 12 recruiter of the year 2 years running)

QB's: Coley

DC: DJ Eliot brought over from UK with Stoops

RB's: Ice

WR's: Beard

TE: Scott

OL: Anyone not named Kehoe

DL: Kareem Brown

LB's: DJ Eliot

DB's: Hurlie

Keep Baez on as a quality control guy

HEAD COACH - BUTCH DAVIS
OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR/QB - KEN DORSEY
WIDE RECEIVERS - ????
RUNNING BACKS - ????
OFFENSIVE LINE - SAM PITTMAN
DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR/LB - BILL SHERIDAN or JIM LEAVITT
DEFENSIVE LINE - KEVIN PATRICK
LB/SPECIAL TEAMS - VERNON HARGREAVES JR.
SECONDARY - TONY ODEN
TIGHT ENDS - BRENNAN CARROLL
STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING - ROB PHILLIPS

Advertisement
Back