Who WILL start at QB?

Who will start at QB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
anyone asking for Brown to start is a high as a ******* kite

But I wouldn’t mind an Emory start with Brown sprinkled in

We won’t beat FSU that way but despite the way it sounds, we still have more games to play and we need to look towards the future because TVD ain’t it

Advertisement
I do not want to burn Emory's Redshirt for what would still likely be a loss to FSU. Travis Jordan is a sixth-year guy. Time matters at Quarterback. I would go with TVD with packages for Jacurri and the second if tvd does something bad pull him.
I do not understand this continued insistence on a redshirt. Emory Williams will not be in this program for five years.

Last edited:
So this is like Manny after the early loss to Michigan st. You are making the call about TVD.
All In Poker GIF by PokerStars

Advertisement
Advertisement
Brown isn’t starting. Let’s be somewhat intelligent here. If he starts (he’s not) the entire staff should be fired before the opening kickoff.

HOWEVER…..if they don’t get him into this game, it’s a massive fail. It’s a massive fail we’ve gone 8 games without some creative packages for him, but what’s done is done at this point.

But we have nothing to lose, our experienced QB may have had a secret lobotomy and didn’t tell anybody and our other passing QB has played in 1 game in his career. The complex, downfield passing game is toast. So mix it up. Let Jacurri run some of the stuff Emory ran against Clemson while also running the ball with Fletcher or Chaney as a lead blocker. Get an extra hat in the run game. Just keep FSU off balance.

I want Williams to start (still can’t believe I’m writing that) and Brown to get about 10-15 snaps in the right situations. Manage the game intelligently.

Really starting to wonder if DVD still has a messed up shoulder. My son had the same injury last year and it took 9 months to heal. He plays LB fortunately, and if he was a QB I do not think he would be playing right now. If you look at most of DVD's INT's this year, they were underthrows. I just do not think he has the arm strength he needs to make these throws. I go back to the INT against NCState in EDZ. If you are going to miss on that throw, you miss high with an overthrow. He knows that. Once again he underthrew the ball by a good 5 yards. The pattern is shaping up to be a physical issue versus a mental issue. If this guy is not healthy enough to make the throws, he really needs to see the bench.
You might be on to something.

Went back to watch the OBB Legend Student of the Game Youtube video from the Texas A&M game and sheesh! The lack of variety now is horrendous! Whoever QB is needs a creative playbook

we Were anomaly. teams like us dont ever win. we've had literally two successful periods ever other than that were mediocre. thats my reasoning as to why we never seem to get back and seem to hit a ceiling

Don't you think if Butch Davis signs an extension instead of going to Cleveland, that we'd have sustained success (being natty contenders) for at least another decade (which would take us to almost 2010)? It would be basically 4 decades of success. UM just keeps blowing coaching hires.

Advertisement
Don't you think if Butch Davis signs an extension instead of going to Cleveland, that we'd have sustained success (being natty contenders) for at least another decade (which would take us to almost 2010)? It would be basically 4 decades of success. UM just keeps blowing coaching hires.

We were trying to save money by delaying his extension during the season and low ball him later ... DS wanted Barry Alvarez

Yes, there’s no question we would have dominated the first half of the decade. The SEC money laundering operation would’ve brought us down to earth eventually, but we would’ve remained a top 10 program until Butch retired.

We were trying to save money by delaying his extension during the season and low ball him later ... DS wanted Barry Alvarez
agreed. on top of that, funny part is that BA would have been better than anything we did proceed to hire after butch from the AD level to HC (he was/is the AD at Wisconsin)

Advertisement
Yes, there’s no question we would have dominated the first half of the decade. The SEC money laundering operation would’ve brought us down to earth eventually, but we would’ve remained a top 10 program until Butch retired.

Exactly. So there was not some fundamental change in cfb from 2003-2014 that would have prevented UM from being a top program for 4 decades. The success wasn't an aberration, it easily could have continued if UM hadnt screwed up the coaching hires over and over again.

There is no reason for anyone but Emory Williams to start. Everything else is total nonsense.

Of course. But, what if you selected TVD in the poll precisely because it is nonsensical, and that is what you've come to expect from the HC?

Advertisement
Back