Who will replace Wong and Portal analysis (video)

Advertisement
Summary:

Mostly softball questions at first.

Rightful praise for Zay. One of the greatest players at UM. Great work ethic. Kept referring to tremendous attitude.

Says we have 9 on scholarship. But I count 8. Says reevaluating transfer portal daily.

When pressed on backcourt, only mentioned Benz, Wooga and Nijel. Two interpretations: either he’s not sold on Watson and/or Jakai or it’s more historical upperclassman bias. Looking to add “one” to backcourt either way.

L leans on assistants for portal evaluations/targets. They need to fit his criteria.

Sounds like Nijel, Wooga Norchad are returning. No guarantees though. Walker/Aire/Danilo returning never brought up.

No mention of portal names (obviously).

“Recent success” breeds success in the portal. Nothing specific though.
We have 7 enolled:
PG - Pack, Joseph
SG - Poplar, Robinson
SF - Watson
PF - Omier, Casey
C -

And 1 incoming Frosh
C - Nwoko

An understatement, the 23-24 team needs an infusion of depth and talent.

Advertisement
Yup. I included Nwoko in the 8.

But I can see Danilo coming back. A 4 and 1 backcourt help are musts.
Of the players who hit the Portal (Danilo, Walker, Bev and Aire), no way of knowing which ones we wanted to keep but left voluntarily, which ones got a little nudge toward the door, and which decisions to leave were mutually arrived at.

This thread is the only piece of info I’ve seen linking us to Cleveland in a meaningful way. Really hope that comes true…

Summary:

Mostly softball questions at first.

Rightful praise for Zay. One of the greatest players at UM. Great work ethic. Kept referring to tremendous attitude.

Says we have 9 on scholarship. But I count 8. Says reevaluating transfer portal daily.

When pressed on backcourt, only mentioned Benz, Wooga and Nijel. Two interpretations: either he’s not sold on Watson and/or Jakai or it’s more historical upperclassman bias. Looking to add “one” to backcourt either way.

L leans on assistants for portal evaluations/targets. They need to fit his criteria.

Sounds like Nijel, Wooga Norchad are returning. No guarantees though. Walker/Aire/Danilo returning never brought up.

No mention of portal names (obviously).

“Recent success” breeds success in the portal. Nothing specific though.
Not a very encouraging interview. He says at the end “Our assistants better come up with a few guys”.

Advertisement
I must’ve missed something with Cleveland. Any time I watched him I thought he had a pretty good jump shot and was a nice player. But maybe I didn’t watch enough of his games

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back