Who was Miami going after when they hired AL Golden?

does anyone think gruden could go into homes and recruit, knowing he is a hardass? like that's a huge factor in college that wasn't there in NFL

I don't think gruden would do well in college and I think he knows it
Personally, I think the Gruden talk was all fake news trumped up by a relatively new recruiting website trying to make a name for itself so that it could build an audience and then charge for "insider information". I don't think he was ever under serious consideration.

Advertisement
All the guys except Richt our AD has looked at the last 2 times there have been openings have been jokes ( with the exception of Mullen) .

does anyone think gruden could go into homes and recruit, knowing he is a hardass? like that's a huge factor in college that wasn't there in NFL

I don't think gruden would do well in college and I think he knows it
Personally, I think the Gruden talk was all fake news trumped up by a relatively new recruiting website trying to make a name for itself so that it could build an audience and then charge for "insider information". I don't think he was ever under serious consideration.

When almost any team mentions Gruden it is fake news. I believe it is again with UT.

Fan bases including ours always think their program will attract top level coaches and it almost never happens. The exceptions are always a scenario where its the coache's alma mater. Otherwise, you're just not going to pull a big game from another program.

LOL at Golden, Trestman and Edsall as the finalists.

Believe Fuente & Babers were considered.

Yes, we were considering Babers when he was the WR coach at Baylor.

LOL...Dabo went from WR coach to HC.

Urban Meyer went from WR coach to HC.

The position coach to HC ascent while rare, is not unprecedented.

Dabo went from Assistant Head Coach at Clemson to Head Coach at Clemson.

Meyer went from Wide Receiver coach at Notre Dame to Head Coach at Bowling Green.

The Wide Receiver Coach at Baylor isn't getting an elite P5 head coaching job.

Advertisement
LOL@ "rubbed people the wrong way". Mullen wanted to get paid and Miami wasn't interested in paying anyone at the time.

LOL@ "rubbed people the wrong way". Mullen wanted to get paid and Miami wasn't interested in paying anyone at the time.

Al Golden made $2 million at Miami.

Dan Mullen made less than that in his first contract at Mississippi State.

https://herosports.com/college-football/coaches-salary/dan-mullen

And he also wanted the job after Golden was fired too (2016).

So seems like he knows that Mississippi State isn't a great job and wants out.

Remember when some people wanted bielema?

Saw a stat today where since 2013 he has the worst power 5 record out of ALL coaches.. not just conference but everyone. 10-25

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Remember when some people wanted bielema?

Saw a stat today where since 2013 he has the worst power 5 record out of ALL coaches.. not just conference but everyone. 10-25

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

He had a good thing going at Wisconsin and threw it all away.

Advertisement
Didnt that coach from Texas Tech ask for the job as well? Came into the interview with flip flops and talking about pirates...lol

You mean Mike-Leach-Da-Gawd. Word is he wanted the job real bad, but maybe did or didn't smell of booze during his interview. He would have crushed in So Fla.

[video=youtube;v4veYug5pFo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4veYug5pFo[/video]

Advertisement
Back