Who Wants Manny Gone?

Advertisement
The funny and sad thing is everyone knows he only has the job next year because of his contract. The truth is already out that he is not a good coach.

Growing pains for first year coaches is losing to superior teams. Growing pains is not losing to inferior teams over an over.

Manny grew on me as the DC but I am sad to say he just doe not have it as a head coach. His team lacks discipline, are unprepared and are very poor with fundamentals, like tackling.

It is clear as day for any reasonable person that he should not have the job.

At this rate anyway we can back out of the Bama game in 2021? My god i dont even want to think what that will look like

Everybody knows we’re gonna get blown out, I’m just worried about the kids. I don’t want a bunch of guys ending up like Francois

Manny is the HC and truly has to hold his OC and his DC responsible for not executing their jobs respectively. As well as the staff beneath the coordinators.
Its a business, and as the HC the first guys he absolutely hold responsible are those two guys. Now granted he has to take a long look in the mirror and have a set of balls in order to get his staff in line, so I am in agreement that Manny is the 1st guy we should all hold responsible.

Advertisement
Just come on in here and vent, because you'll be doing it for a while. He's not going anywhere soon.

He will be given time to get this job done, exact same thing went on with Willie at FSU, but if he keeps losing games like this weekend, there will not be anyway to defend him anymore...like I said same thing happened with Willie Taggert. TONS of FSU people were excited as ****, because 'willie is going to absolutely kill it in recruiting'...well...I'd say their all done with his *** now.

The best thing Diaz can do is replace Enos and Baker ASAP. I would say he needs to bring in some legit talented coaches, and invest in his own future. Seriously, Manny is not going to get a raise, extension, or even other job offers if he keep this pace up. I mean I am tired of seeing the revolving door on the staff, there is absolutely ZERO continuity being built like this. BUT if we have to go down this road, we just need to quit with bringing in inexperienced coaches, or unproven coaches. UM (Blake) is not going to dump Manny right now, maybe not even next season, so the best thing Manny can do is find a way to get UM to spend the right amount of cash and bring in some top level coaches at OC and DC. The crazy part is those guys are out there, and it would be a gamble to an extent, but Manny really doesnt have many options.

Its either dig deep and do the right thing for the program and his job and livelihood, or get his resume ready...but Id leave the tenure as HC at UM off if I were him.

You don't talk about firing a head coach halfway through year one when he took over a 7-6 dog that lost 35-3 in its final game last year and dropped nine of its past 16 games (going into 2019) since Pitt loss in 2017.

Brand new offensive staff. Freshman all over the o-line. No proven quarterback. Best receiver is a transfer from Buffalo. Secondary depleted due to graduation.

There's a reason most new coaches get at least three years to get something going; because you have to flush out bad old habits (which is why the last coach left / got fired) and implement new ones, while recruiting your own players.

People need to STFU and stop being cucks; fantasizing about some end of year firing and pipe dreaming about other big named coaches who could've, should've, would've come here—but in all reality were never really options.

Advertisement
Just come on in here and vent, because you'll be doing it for a while. He's not going anywhere soon.

He will be given time to get this job done, exact same thing went on with Willie at FSU, but if he keeps losing games like this weekend, there will not be anyway to defend him anymore...like I said same thing happened with Willie Taggert. TONS of FSU people were excited as ****, because 'willie is going to absolutely kill it in recruiting'...well...I'd say their all done with his *** now.

The best thing Diaz can do is replace Enos and Baker ASAP. I would say he needs to bring in some legit talented coaches, and invest in his own future. Seriously, Manny is not going to get a raise, extension, or even other job offers if he keep this pace up. I mean I am tired of seeing the revolving door on the staff, there is absolutely ZERO continuity being built like this. BUT if we have to go down this road, we just need to quit with bringing in inexperienced coaches, or unproven coaches. UM (Blake) is not going to dump Manny right now, maybe not even next season, so the best thing Manny can do is find a way to get UM to spend the right amount of cash and bring in some top level coaches at OC and DC. The crazy part is those guys are out there, and it would be a gamble to an extent, but Manny really doesnt have many options.

Its either dig deep and do the right thing for the program and his job and livelihood, or get his resume ready...but Id leave the tenure as HC at UM off if I were him.
He was given over a mil and got....****.

You don't talk about firing a head coach halfway through year one when he took over a 7-6 dog that lost 35-3 in its final game last year and dropped nine of its past 16 games (going into 2019) since Pitt loss in 2017.

Brand new offensive staff. Freshman all over the o-line. No proven quarterback. Best receiver is a transfer from Buffalo. Secondary depleted due to graduation.

There's a reason most new coaches get at least three years to get something going; because you have to flush out bad old habits (which is why the last coach left / got fired) and implement new ones, while recruiting your own players.

People need to STFU and stop being cucks; fantasizing about some end of year firing and pipe dreaming about other big named coaches who could've, should've, would've come here—but in all reality were never really options.
I get where you're coming from...kinda. I agree no big name coach is coming here and short of going 3-9 Manny will be here (he'll most likely be here simply due to his contract).

BUT, your arguments are flawed is some respects. I don't care if the O side is new coaches and Manny is a first time HC. He's been here for 3+ years, so he should have a pulse on the players, the attitudes, our strengths, our weaknesses, etc so his leash should be significantly shorter than a true first time HC taking over an entirely new program (see GT's coach). Our players have bad habits...well half those were under Manny's watch for 3+ years. Secondary/LB depleted...well guess who was in charge of that? Recruit your own players?? Well Manny isn't particularly good at that either.

The ONE good thing Manny was good at, social media/PR, is now coming back to haunt him b/c he couldn't deliver what he said he was gonna do.

Advertisement

Yet this is what you said about Mario in another thread....

"Let's see where he's at year's end.

Still blew the Auburn game with awful time management.

Second year in system; went 9-4 last year and got his *** handed to him by an eventual 5-7 garbage Arizona team, 44-15. Also taken to task at Washington State, 34-20.

Fans would be trashing Mario the same way they are Manny as this Miami program was in bad shape after a 7-9 run dating back to Pitt in 2017. No one was coming in here and walking on water in 2019. Y'all need to get a grip."

Mario went 9-4 in his first year at Oregon AFTER taking over a team that was led by WT whom had a 7-5 record, 7-6 with the bowl loss. Mario took over for that bum and subsequently went 9-4 his first year and is currently at 6-1 and sitting in the top 15.

So his first two seasons at Oregon he is sitting at 15-5, with 4 of those losses following a 7-5 record the previous year under another regime. ( I know Mario was around for the bowl game after WT was canned which made them 7-6). The year before the 7-6 season, Oregon was a mighty 4-8.

So you absolutely try and **** on Mario for his "coaching" at Oregon after taking over a team that went 7-6 and 4-8, but make a mountain of excuses for a Manny after taking over a 7-6 Miami team that is currently sitting at 3-4 and just lost to GA Tech. Before last season Miami was 10-3.

You're an idiot of epic proportions.

Advertisement
Everyone associated with Shalala days needs to be gone first, starting with Blake then work your way down. Then a new AD, hopefully someone with half a brain and two large ********s who knows what a good football coach looks like, can bring in someone. Do that, and we stand half a chance to be at least competent. We need to look at what the $EC and Clem$on is doing. We need an alpha or three who can cut the head of the snakes off who live and operate in our back yard. It's a den of vipers and we've been operating on a shoe string budget with both hands behind our back playing tranny. Enough is enough.

That is the only way. Do this and we can be successful. Do it not and look at the past 17 years and it will be either the same or worse and bets are it will be worse.
Shalala was a cancer and anyone she brought in that is still their is stained with her incompetence. Shapiro would have never happened had she not been oh so concerned about money. Don't get me started on her ties to the dirtiest couple in American politics. Their crap rubbed off on her.

Watching a Diaz corched Miami team lose to Georgia Tech was like watching a **** movie with two 80 year old people trying to have ***.
Really Ugly .... not entertaining ..... and mostly very sickening .

Advertisement
Back