Who still supports Manny?

I'm still with Manny, despite that total **** show on Saturday. This year was still a way better effort that last year. 8-2 as a final record is better than the vast majority of Power 5 teams. The only teams that will probably best that regular season record are Bama, ND, Clemson (most likely), OSU, A&M and Indiana. I don't count USC because they're only playing 6 games.

Advertisement
Like I am sure its been said many times..HE'S NOT GETTING FIRED FOLKS!! So the venting sessions need to be over now. The best we can hope for is he fires Baker and Rumph and Patke as soon as EE signing day is concluded. Give Stroud and Banda a chance to interview for their jobs if the new DC wants to keep them on. If the DC doesnt want Banda as Safeties coach I keep him on as the head of recruiting.

Manny knows he has to makes changes on defense just like he knew he had to get rid of Enos. For the folks who say, "Baker is just running Mannys defense"..Well, Enos was just running the offense Manny wanted and Manny adapted and changed his philosophy. So he has a history of not being stubborn to change.

If he makes no changes, his a$$ is on the plank next year if we dont win the ACC Coastal at the very least.

Yes, that's what it was

You people are in constant meltdown mode....Must be liberals.
LOL, very irrelevant, accountability is the name of the game. Conservatives **** on Millennials for not owning up to sh@t, but now you're saying a coach making millions should not be held accountable? Remember this is his defense and his recruits. This is year 5 for him at Miami.

He can earn back some respect by firing his sons, hiring a gray-haired DC and staying out of that meeting room in 2021.

Advertisement
He isn’t going anywhere anytime soon so I’ll support him and this program as a fan while also admitting yesterday was an absolute embarrassment.

where he can gain back respect is by firing defensive coaches who aren’t pulling their weight.
He's not pulling his weight

Show your face!

1607966077581.gif

He's on the clock. Year 3 he has to show that he can compete with the elites and equally talented teams without getting raped. On nat'l tv every ***'n time .

Last edited:
Advertisement
That was the biggest beat down in UM history that wasn’t a loss. What are you going to say next September ? Oh it’s just a loss?

it’s cool got you on my slurper list
and you thought it couldn't get worst than last year season ending collapse

I do. He’s our HC. Guy is getting two 5 stars to come down here after a 6-7 season and has addressed every issue that has been identified.

However! I am very concerned at the lack of second half adjustments.
second half adjustment : he needed first quarter adjustment : folks I don't know if you were at the Stadium, on most of the runs we weren't even closed to those running backs :

I will show face and say I still support coach. A brave thing to do in this climate. No sunshine pumping here and no question about it, that was as ugly an ***-beating as I have seen. I never have been and never will be the dog in a doggy-style but I imagine the feeling I feel watching Mac Brown do to this team what he did is how it feels. We got some glaring problems that need to be fixed--starting with Baker.

They say failure rolls up to the top and I agree to the extent that the top continues to let problems fester by not correcting their mistakes. I don't blame Diaz for hiring Baker from the start as in hindsight it might have seemed like a good idea to him at the time. The experiment is over. I lay the fault of this deflating loss at the feet of Blake Baker and Diaz will be complicit if he sits on his hands and does nothing.

Through the first nine games, we've average 34.88 points made and 22 points allowed. Bakers Defense allowed the most points all season, 20 more than Clemson on the Road in the rain, 40 more points than the pre-UNC average. Lashlee's Offense ripped 26 points which is not terrible to be honest--4th best offensive showing points wise all season--so mostly average. We will never know how good our offense could have been had our defensive done their job and forced some 3-and-outs and turnovers. They would have at least given them a fighting chance.

tl:dr version: This is Manny's Al Golden/D'Onofrio moment. Our current DC is a joke and not worthy of P5 play. Diaz doing nothing about a problem is a college coaching cardinal sin. Get Baker out of here and get a guy on the coaching carousel that has quality experience with defenses in the P5.
you could see the warning signs coming : we let all of the NCAA in giving up an average of 20 plays a game of 10+ yards : our safeties were our leading tacklers : and the usual we weren't ready for what they came out with :

Advertisement
Of course I support him? Why not? I can't stand some of the snowflake stuff he does and don't like the fact that I've never even seen him raise his voice to a player. But I think we are headed in right direction

Are you f***in morons going to do this every loss?

This wasn't just a loss

He's not the guy, but I want him to succeed because I'm tired of us being trash.

This season is his ceiling: beat mediocre ACC competition and get embarrassed by any decent team on the schedule.

So it's going to be another painful cycle before the bottom falls out.
Yes and if by some miracle he happens to go 9-3, 10-2 next season, now the admin will start to have a dilemma. His contract expires in 2023 so if will come down to 2022 and the progress being made (that progress/lack of progress is subjective) as that is when they need to decide to let him go or resign him to an extension.

I am of the opinion that for the benefit of the program he needs to figure it out. Changing coaching every 3-4 years is not the answer. That is what I was hoping Richt would’ve been. A stabilizing force for 6-10 years.

I hate the group of refs we had on Saturday, we had them before and I don't think much of them. You want to know why we don't get any holding calls, because they don't even respect us. There was a (we) punt on Saturday, where they were a couple of penalties, simple call both penalties offset.
The crew started to conference, then the Head referee and the two others walked over to Mack Brown and started giving him a lengthy explanation, on the other side of the field Manny was on the trying to get someones attention to tell him what was going on. He had to call over the side judge to asked for and explanation, I think the judge told him to sit there and wait. As soon as they finished talking to Mack, they announce the call as offsetting penalties, nobody even bother walking over and discussing swat with Manny.

Advertisement
Yes and if by some miracle he happens to go 9-3, 10-2 next season, now the admin will start to have a dilemma. His contract expires in 2023 so if will come down to 2022 and the progress being made (that progress/lack of progress is subjective) as that is when they need to decide to let him go or resign him to an extension.

I am of the opinion that for the benefit of the program he needs to figure it out. Changing coaching every 3-4 years is not the answer. That is what I was hoping Richt would’ve been. A stabilizing force for 6-10 years.
Yeah, I can't disagree with any of that, and I 100% agree that we need stability at the HC position for the program to thrive.

Personally, I think the absolute minimum barometer for progress next year needs to be winning every regular season ACC game + MSU, preferably not coming down to the last possession against NCST, VT, UVA etc, at least putting up a fight against Bama in the opener, and being competitive against Clemson in the ACCCG. No more embarrassing blow out losses, ever again. Those are indicative of a completely unprepared, unmotivated and overmatched team and they kill the national perception of the program. Saturday night felt like the swan song at the OB or Goldens 58-0 farewell raping, except there was something tangible on the line Saturday night and we **** the bed worse than I can ever remember.

The following year, it's ACC Champs or bust. We have to get over the hump. Beating mediocre Coastal teams and ****ting the bed against any respectable opponent can't be our ceiling anymore.

Manny's been here 5, going on 6 years and his defense is the biggest on-field problem preventing this team from taking the next step. The offense has room for improvement, but the D needs an instant *****.

I hate the group of refs we had on Saturday, we had them before and I don't think much of them. You want to know why we don't get any holding calls, because they don't even respect us. There was a (we) punt on Saturday, where they were a couple of penalties, simple call both penalties offset.
The crew started to conference, then the Head referee and the two others walked over to Mack Brown and started giving him a lengthy explanation, on the other side of the field Manny was on the trying to get someones attention to tell him what was going on. He had to call over the side judge to asked for and explanation, I think the judge told him to sit there and wait. As soon as they finished talking to Mack, they announce the call as offsetting penalties, nobody even bother walking over and discussing swat with Manny.

Not that it would have mattered, but they also ignored him when he was trying to call a TO when we had a guy running off the field, but gave Brown a TO in a similar situation.

This site never fails to entertain, it's comical to think that A.) Manny is getting fired and B.) that that would be a good thing. You have to have some consistency.

Never supported ANY of these ****coaching hires. They've been lazy and ultimately catastrophic failures. I don't support ANYTHING at DaYew anymore. Place sucks. Everything is half assed.

Advertisement
Back