Who on the staff will be let go?

IcemanArcade

Go Canes
Caught up on Blake James note. Sounded as if he’s suggesting more from the staff can be on the way out aside from Enos. Barry Jackson also states that Butch is probably out. So best guess, who on the staff is safe for next season? and who is on the way out? or who would you like to see on the way out? To me the only coaches who’s job should be secured heading into next season is Coach Hickson and Coach Field. You can maybe make the same argument for Stubbs but I couldn’t care less if Manny dropped him. On the defensive side. I want Baker gone but more than likely Manny will hold on, Strodd is solid I guess. But here’s what’s imperative for Manny heading into next season. He has to get rid of any combination of Banda/Rumph/Patke. Preferably Banda & Patke. If he’s going to use Enos as a scapegoat now is the chance to make real staff changes and cut that buddy buddy sh— out.

Advertisement
Who cares? its just a bandaid bc he doesnt want to fire his fishing buddy.
If Manny doesn’t make the Necessary staff changes and meet results next season he’ll be fired. But if we’re being realistic Flake James and the BOT won’t fire Manny after 1 season. The least he can do is make serious staff changes.

He doesn’t have the balls to purge everyone. He also doesn’t have the support of the university to spend the millions necessary to bring in beast coordinators. I have ZERO faith

Enos, Barry, and Stubblefield are definitely gone. Wouldn’t be surprised to see guys like Stroud and Rumph let go, too. Banda and Patke will likely stick because they’re Diaz’s guys. Hickson and Fields are probably toss ups.

Advertisement
Enos, Barry, and Stubblefield are definitely gone. Wouldn’t be surprised to see guys like Stroud and Rumph let go, too. Banda and Patke will likely stick because they’re Diaz’s guys. Hickson and Fields are probably toss ups.
If Banda & Patke stay but Hickson and Fields are tossup. I will head to coral gables myself and slap Diaz himself.

@dsddcane says 3. Enos and 2 more. Too bad it isn't like 5. Baker (He's just a worse version of Manny), Stubbs, Patke, and Banda all NEED to go. if Rumph was fired and they replaced him/Banda with a top DB coach I wouldn't be upset either. RB/TE have been okay, unless the RB coach has any say on which RB gets to play. Cause whoever decides which RB or WRs get in the game, absolutely need to be fired. Oline is tough to say, cause our talent was pretty *** there.

Advertisement
@dsddcane says 3. Enos and 2 more. Too bad it isn't like 5. Baker (He's just a worse version of Manny), Stubbs, Patke, and Banda all NEED to go. if Rumph was fired and they replaced him/Banda with a top DB coach I wouldn't be upset either. RB/TE have been okay, unless the RB coach has any say on which RB gets to play. Cause whoever decides which RB or WRs get in the game, absolutely need to be fired. Oline is tough to say, cause our talent was pretty *** there.
That’s why I’m cautious of this staff turnover. 3 is too little imo. To me it’s easily 1.Enos 2.Barry 3.Patke 4.Rumph/Banda 5. Baker..in that order

Let's break this down:

1) 3 were already notified they were gone before this bowl game including Enos and Barry. I don't have full confirmation on the 3rd but I'm pretty sure it is Taylor.

2) I believe more changes will be made after tonight's debacle and the last 3 losses.

3) Banda is not going anywhere. He's Diaz's boy.

4) I think Baker is safe because the defense was good enough for 10 wins this year and he's just a puppet that should improve going into year 2.

5) Todd is a downgrade from Simpson but he's likely coming back.

6) Patke should not be on this staff but Diaz likes him and our STs minus kicking was better this year

7) Diaz was close to dropping Rumph last year and I think he's going to get fired now for sure bc of Bandy's regression, the weak CB play all year long (especially in big moments), and his below average recruiting

8) Fields is likely not going anywhere based on solid TE play and local ties to the community

9) Hickson could be on chopping block if new OC wants to bring in his RB coach considering running out of the spread is different. I think he failed the Lingard situation as well.

In conclusion:

-Enos, Barry, 3rd (Taylor) for sure gone
-Rumph likely fired
-Hickson likely not retained by new OC
-New OC/QB, OL, WR, RB, CB coaches coming
-Banda, Baker, Stroud, Patke coming back

If Manny could do a 90% staff turnover. Start from scratch. He would save face imo. He needs to hit up Kevin Patrick or Jess Simpson try to get them to shape up this DL. Cause next season we’ll have some monsters.

They guy literally ****ed up every single hire, and you want to give him another chance to do a whole staff? if the guy had to replace one or two coaches after year one thats bad enough but if the HC literally whiffs on the entire staff, he clearly is incompetent and should be fired. the fanbase should not accept Diaz’s return to this program, period.

Advertisement
Enos decides who plays what (with suggestions from position corch) it's why everyone inside the program despises enos. Everything for him is a crap shoot.

Let's break this down:

1) 3 were already notified they were gone before this bowl game including Enos and Barry. I don't have full confirmation on the 3rd but I'm pretty sure it is Taylor.

2) I believe more changes will be made after tonight's debacle and the last 3 losses.

3) Banda is not going anywhere. He's Diaz's boy.

4) I think Baker is safe because the defense was good enough for 10 wins this year and he's just a puppet that should improve going into year 2.

5) Todd is a downgrade from Simpson but he's likely coming back.

6) Patke should not be on this staff but Diaz likes him and our STs minus kicking was better this year

7) Diaz was close to dropping Rumph last year and I think he's going to get fired now for sure bc of Bandy's regression, the weak CB play all year long (especially in big moments), and his below average recruiting

8) Fields is likely not going anywhere based on solid TE play and local ties to the community

9) Hickson could be on chopping block if new OC wants to bring in his RB coach considering running out of the spread is different. I think he failed the Lingard situation as well.

In conclusion:

-Enos, Barry, 3rd (Taylor) for sure gone
-Rumph likely fired
-Hickson likely not retained by new OC
-New OC/QB, OL, WR, RB, CB coaches coming
-Banda, Baker, Stroud, Patke coming back
Who is taylor? U mean stumble****?

Tired of seeing Kevin Patrick name mentioned there is no scenario where he works for a guy like Manny.
I can tell you for fact kevin will not be coming here. Not only cause hed catch an assault charge on mandy but his wife doesnt want them here as of now. That's gonna take mario to get that done. Only way it will happen.

Advertisement
That’s why I’m cautious of this staff turnover. 3 is too little imo. To me it’s easily 1.Enos 2.Barry 3.Patke 4.Rumph/Banda 5. Baker..in that order
I really dont understand what people are watching if they think our wr unit made progression. They were simply allowed more opportunities to stretch the field which utilized their speed. It's the exact reason we had three starting recievers all 6 ft or under... as stumble**** calls it twitchy speed. Lmfao. I agree all those other people (for the most part)need to go as well. But if the golf player isnt in the forefront then that list is tainted. I know u guys will say that's my agenda. In this instance these two intertwine.

I really dont understand what people are watching if they think our wr unit made progression. They were simply allowed more opportunities to stretch the field which utilized their speed. It's the exact reason we had three starting recievers all 6 ft or under... as stumble**** calls it twitchy speed. Lmfao. I agree all those other people (for the most part)need to go as well. But if the golf player isnt in the forefront then that list is tainted. I know u guys will say that's my agenda. In this instance these two intertwine.
WR are poorly coached. It’s sad to see.

Advertisement
Back