Who is our next first rounder?

With our most recent first rounders, David Njoku, Artie Burns and Eric Flowers off to the NFL with varying degrees of success, who can we look to and assume has a great chance to be our next first rounder? Who could we see having the requisite freak talent and mega production to warrant that next first pick?

JT4 is there talent wise but he just doesn't have the weight numbers yet. And even with a Belitnikoff type year its hard to see him being a first rounder after one big year.

The LBs have the tenure and good production, but I don't see any of them being a Bush, White or even a Mark Barron type athleticism.

I could see the TEs making it if the Enos offense is as advertised and our QBs flourished. Not a promise but encouraging pace to that conclusion.

if Pope pops this year he has the talent and the kind of offense to build a great resume. Same for Rousseau and Harvey.

I would have to think our best bets over the next few years would be:

2019 - Willis. The little bit of possibility and chatter could see him go to Patriots at 32 or a trade up candidate. 2/10
2020 - JT4 needs a 2000 yard season IMO and awards, probably team success too. 2/10
2020 - Finley. Yep super long shot. But hes got the athleticism and one big year........but very unlikely. 1/10
2021 - Garvin. Contingent on him staying through his Sr year and building on two very solid years, I think he would have a great shot at round 1. 5/10
2021 - If Jon Ford has really put it together, shows the production with his size and power, I could see him sneak in ala GWillis - 2/10
2021 - I think Mallory is the surer thing based on athleticism, but Jordan has the total package eve n if he lacks a little athletically. 6/10
2022 - This is the year I see a big punchline of possibilities - Pope, Lingard, Phillips, Harvey, a QB?, A safety? A llot of things can happen here, but Im feeling too lazy to keep going.

What do you think gents?
Jeff Thomas

Advertisement
Quarterman nor Pickney will go 1st round. They’re really good players but neither is Elite. A good season will probably make them 2nd round picks. Only way I see that changing is if one of them runs a really great 40. Shaq doesn’t have that kind of speed and Pickney isn’t 4.4 or 4.5. They will both likely go on to have long productive careers tho as starters for someone
i agree. Neither guy is a 1st rounder in my eyes. Howver, I think gus s&c program was ruining kids.

i think JT has a shot, Garvin does too. Rosseassau if he lives up to the hype and I think Cam Davis might be a sleeper.

Devin Bush ain’t elite either and he went 10th. Shaq has better career stats and Pinckney had a better junior season.

Devin Bush ran a 4.4 40. If it weren’t for that he wouldn’t have gone so high. If Shaq had 4.4 speed he would probably be a Top5 pick like White.

Advertisement
Wow. People projecting a DE that doesn’t even have a sack yet will be a 1st round pick. CIS gonna CIS.
Oh look, a look at me hot take.

The thread asks for which kids have that realistic possibility. We have very few players who physically have the potential (plus athlete relative to position group). The guys listed were almost all guys who will hopefully play well but also combine test well. Same thing for Mallory. Jordan is the one guy who got mentioned where he probably wont stand out at the combine, and it will cost him in the draft.

But since you think mentioning rousseau is so silly, why dont you tell us who you think our next first round pick candidates are.

Lmfao... "white is trendy now"...
where?

Look at all the white WR in the league nowadays, and then also look at the White tight ends. All we ever had was Largent and now white boys chillin’ everywhere. He’ll...white boys even got a **** Running back leading the league in ****.

Also, although not “real” white, look at all the “euro” whites starting to dominate the NBA.

Lmao whiteman makin’ a comeback

Advertisement
Look at all the white WR in the league nowadays, and then also look at the White tight ends. All we ever had was Largent and now white boys chillin’ everywhere. He’ll...white boys even got a **** Running back leading the league in ****.

Also, although not “real” white, look at all the “euro” whites starting to dominate the NBA.

Lmfao... the white market is on the rise... amazing shiit.

LMFAO.... I think the Fins heard you...
aze.jpg

Advertisement
On the current roster I think Rousseau or Nesta can get there as well as Brevin Jordan. Everyone else will really have to impress, but none of the juniors or seniors will be a 1st round

Advertisement
Shaw will have a slow 40 I feel.
Thomas would have to have an amazing year. He is smallish and I would be surprised if he is as fast as Dorset.
Greg R has the measurables. But so did Joe Jack so we will have to see his first step.
Will Malory will have a good chance with a couple of productive seasons.

Mallory.

Kid has the length and athleticism the NFL covets at the position.... these next two years of putting on good size/strength to go with good blocking technique can make him an easy 1st rounder

Brevin can be too but have to have a team love and use him like Jordan reed

Advertisement
Back