Who is our next first rounder?

Garvin, Thomas or Hill... I do not see either of these players as 1st rounders at the moment but believe they have a chance to put themselves in the 1st round convo this season

Advertisement
Garvin, Thomas or Hill... I do not see either of these players as 1st rounders at the moment but believe they have a chance to put themselves in the 1st round convo this season

Yeah next year we don't really have any lock 1st rounders. But the year after I think we have 2 in Brevin and Greg if he decides to leave.

Advertisement
Jon Garvin and Jeff Thomas are first round locks next season.

With Shaq Quarterman, Trevon Hill, Mike Pinckney, and DJ Dallas in the mix.

Advertisement

Not sure if Thomas is a lock. He will kick *** at combines for sure, but his numbers might be average if our QBs suckthis year.

JT will be one of the fastest players in the draft.

I'd say he runs a 4.29 and a low 4.3's so it may not average out to sub 4.3. I think u are underestimating how quick JT gets to top speed.
You seem to be quite the prognosticator.

With our most recent first rounders, David Njoku, Artie Burns and Eric Flowers off to the NFL with varying degrees of success, who can we look to and assume has a great chance to be our next first rounder? Who could we see having the requisite freak talent and mega production to warrant that next first pick?

JT4 is there talent wise but he just doesn't have the weight numbers yet. And even with a Belitnikoff type year its hard to see him being a first rounder after one big year.

The LBs have the tenure and good production, but I don't see any of them being a Bush, White or even a Mark Barron type athleticism.

I could see the TEs making it if the Enos offense is as advertised and our QBs flourished. Not a promise but encouraging pace to that conclusion.

if Pope pops this year he has the talent and the kind of offense to build a great resume. Same for Rousseau and Harvey.

I would have to think our best bets over the next few years would be:

2019 - Willis. The little bit of possibility and chatter could see him go to Patriots at 32 or a trade up candidate. 2/10
2020 - JT4 needs a 2000 yard season IMO and awards, probably team success too. 2/10
2020 - Finley. Yep super long shot. But hes got the athleticism and one big year........but very unlikely. 1/10
2021 - Garvin. Contingent on him staying through his Sr year and building on two very solid years, I think he would have a great shot at round 1. 5/10
2021 - If Jon Ford has really put it together, shows the production with his size and power, I could see him sneak in ala GWillis - 2/10
2021 - I think Mallory is the surer thing based on athleticism, but Jordan has the total package eve n if he lacks a little athletically. 6/10
2022 - This is the year I see a big punchline of possibilities - Pope, Lingard, Phillips, Harvey, a QB?, A safety? A llot of things can happen here, but Im feeling too lazy to keep going.

What do you think gents?
The Oklahoma receiver that went first round last night had a listed weight of 166 J.Thomas size won't scare teams it's the off field they will question

Advertisement

Quarterman nor Pickney will go 1st round. They’re really good players but neither is Elite. A good season will probably make them 2nd round picks. Only way I see that changing is if one of them runs a really great 40. Shaq doesn’t have that kind of speed and Pickney isn’t 4.4 or 4.5. They will both likely go on to have long productive careers tho as starters for someone

Advertisement
You seem to be quite the prognosticator.
Could be using an unemployed Old Testament prophet. Since the book was completed some time ago a lot of them are out there looking for work. Some will do sports, others will do politics. I haven't found a good one yet on the stock market.

Could be using an unemployed Old Testament prophet. Since the book was completed some time ago a lot of them are out there looking for work. Some will do sports, others will do politics. I haven't found a good one yet on the stock market.
That was an attempt at humor?

Quarterman nor Pickney will go 1st round. They’re really good players but neither is Elite. A good season will probably make them 2nd round picks. Only way I see that changing is if one of them runs a really great 40. Shaq doesn’t have that kind of speed and Pickney isn’t 4.4 or 4.5. They will both likely go on to have long productive careers tho as starters for someone

Devin Bush ain’t elite either and he went 10th. Shaq has better career stats and Pinckney had a better junior season.

Advertisement
Back